Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Version of Street Fighter..

• 30-08-2009 2:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

What's your fav version??

Gotta be the original champions edition..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Street Fighter 2 turbo on the snes, one of the best games ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 mylove

Turbo rocked. Remember how many stars you'd set it at? Controlled the speed.
    I seem to remember 3 stars being perfect..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

3rd Strike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    3rd Strike.

gtfo.

That is all.

Also Hyper Fighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Super Turbo ftw.

Or IV. It is a pretty good game after all :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

World Warrior - as it is the only one I have played on an arcade cab

Super Street Fighter 2 - Played that game for years cause my mum wouldn't buy any of the later iterations because they were the same game :rolleyes:

However we think we can all admit that Mortal Kombat > Street Fighter :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Probably 4. Its the most balanced, and the engine is very solid.

Though, Turbo will probably always be great for nostalgia. Hours and Hours spent on that with a snes controller in my hand. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

I'm gonna say Street Fighter 4 based on the fact it's the only game I can say I've play more seriously than the rest. It's the most fun one for me too. I really enjoy playing 3s and Super Turbo too though! Not so much HDR as I get my ass kicked constantly = not so much fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭Relikk

3rd Strike, by far.

SFIV is absolute garbage, IMO. Worst SF ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

3rd strike

but i was watching the intro to SF4 AND ****KKKKKK its good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

hi any advice on what other street fighters are available to me on xbox? apart fromthe ones on live? can i get 3rd strike to play on my 360?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭Relikk

You can get Street Fighter Anniversary Collection (Hyper Street Fighter 2 & 3rd Strike) that was released for the original Xbox, and it works through the 360's backwards compatibility, although not perfectly. There are a few sound glitches and most importantly there is some graphic slowdown issues on some stages when the screen scrolls up due to high jumps, or being launched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

3rd Strike.

Oh rly? Didnt know you likes 3s that much kiki.

Yeah for me its a close one with 3s and SFIV, theres things in SFIV I like that 3s doesn't have and vice versa but I'd like to give SFIV as much time as I have 3s before I come to a conclusion.

3s really does have a certain something though.

Ropedrink, you ever play 3rd strike?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

For all the turbo people out there, Special Champ edition on the Megadrive gave identical gameplay with much more options (champ mode with speeds, ten speeds without a cheat for turbo, and elimination matches)

... Just saying.

SO yeah SCE :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

But...does it have supers? :confused:

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Nope, never - I only became aware of it when I noticed the famous 3S video of Daigo fully parrying Justin-Wong / Chun-Li's ultra and doing it into his own Ultra ftw

Never played it - The most similar game I'd have played would have been the Alpha series and/or Xmen v SF.

thats a super lol not ultra.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    But...does it have supers? :confused:

Nope.

Back in our day we didn't need super moves to make things easier on the people who were losing because they were pants.

If we got a joystick instead of a rock connected to a twig, we were lucky! And if we lost, you had to dip a finger in a jar of acid.

... AND we were grateful for it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

For all the turbo people out there, Special Champ edition on the Megadrive gave identical gameplay with much more options (champ mode with speeds, ten speeds without a cheat for turbo, and elimination matches)

... Just saying.

SO yeah SCE :D

The music sounded terrible and the colours were all washed out on the other hand.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The music sounded terrible and the colours were all washed out on the other hand.

Well, if you want to put graphics over gameplay...

To be honest the differences where highly marginal. I did like having the option of playing CE at HF speed though (CE is the game I have played mroe than any other).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

blogentry-2851-1221423681.jpg

+

joy010.jpg

=

rage-against-the-machine.jpg

• Advertisement

SA1.jpg

FTW :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

SA1.jpg

FTW :D
    Ooooh, you rich kid!
    271572554_tp.jpg

(Well... I didn't play SF during 16-bit)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I had the 6 button pad, it was the best thing ever.

Nope.

Back in our day we didn't need super moves to make things easier on the people who were losing because they were pants.

If we got a joystick instead of a rock connected to a twig, we were lucky! And if we lost, you had to dip a finger in a jar of acid.

... AND we were grateful for it!

here here mr 'back in my day', im 24, i used to play sf2 in arcades and on the snes, granted never got to taste the 16bit but i remember seeing it in shops cause only rich people could afford a snes , so all poor people bought nes or some amiga knock off with a 12fps sf2 version.
    then alpha came out for snes etc and i couldnt afford it, sad times :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

271572554_tp.jpg

(Well... I didn't play SF during 16-bit)

Even if you did with that thing you'd still have to hit start to switch between punches and kicks as that was one of the infamous "six button" pads that had ABC and Turbo ABC, but no XYZ.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Super Turbo has always been my favourite and probably always will.

I was a big fan of Hyper Fighting too,pity the XBLA version suffered such horrific lag.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

For me, it has to be the original Street Fighter 2 Arcade machine. I will always love it - Must have pumped hundreds into it over the years.. Can proudly stand up and say that I can finish it on one life with all characters except Dhalsim!

I just love the game!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Was the SNES port of that accurate? If so, do you not find it a bit slow?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

All the street fighter 2's are very slow games. It's only the turbo iterations that ramp up the speed. The SNES conversion is very good but far from perfect. It had to be built from scratch so feels slightly off and also there are loads of frames of animation missing meaning times are a bit different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Nope.

But you get supers in ST for applying pressure and doing specials, not losing health. That's one of the many reasons why it rules! :pac:

Advertisement