Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killiney Hill

Options
  • 30-08-2009 2:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone have any experiences with Killiney Hill in Dublin?????????/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

Yeah I went there and there was a hill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Overblood wrote: »

Funny funny...........u must get all the ladies! Hey, since u r so funny, how about playing somewhere, u cud make a living out of it by just saying stupid stuff, ur obviously well qualified! Id pay to put a face to the fool.

Pffft!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭john 08

Overblood wrote: »
    you see i dont get this 1 bit. someone asked a question about anyone experiencing anything in a certain place and he gets a smart ass idiot remark back. if someone cant ask a question about the paranormal in this forum theres something really wrong !!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

benwavner wrote: »
    Funny funny...........u must get all the ladies! Hey, since u r so funny, how about playing somewhere, u cud make a living out of it by just saying stupid stuff, ur obviously well qualified! Id pay to put a face to the fool.

Pffft!

Txt spk hurtz mi eyez :(

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

wasnt there somthing about the woods near the hill they had tours las year i think ill try and find out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

Ok Ok I'll add something useful to the thread.

I found something about black masses on Killiney Hill. Here:

http://thumped.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=29963

Thanks everyone....even overblood!!:)

I have thought of posting here for a long time but was reluctant.

I live 5 minutes away from Killiney and pretty much spent all my summers up there as a teenager.

There are plenty of underground caves up there, some I have been in and some I havent. I have been into the Obelisk itself and it feels like there is a hollow floor at the bottom of it, like as if there may also be an entrance to a cave underneath.

I remember spotting disembowled cats and dogs hanging from trees a lot. There are also a good few stone slabs, people use them as seats but they look like alters, especially since if you look closely at them there are some small crosses etched on them.

I have had a few nasty feelings around the woods up there and Im just wondering if anyone knows anything different about the place, mainly to do with monks or nuns?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Thanks everyone....even overblood!!:)

There are plenty of underground caves up there, some I have been in and some I havent. I have been into the Obelisk itself and it feels like there is a hollow floor at the bottom of it, like as if there may also be an entrance to a cave underneath.

As far as I know there is a passage grave up there so it might be that. Also always felt a bit weird about those woods when ive been up there at night ... with the gf.... in the car park ... talking

Grimes wrote: »
    As far as I know there is a passage grave up there so it might be that. Also always felt a bit weird about those woods when ive been up there at night ... with the gf.... in the car park ... talking

Ha,"talking"!! good man!!

A passage grave eh, where abouts??

Oh I just remembered, a few people have committed suicide by jumping off the quarry.

and also,

That house on the top of the quarry was used for a house party years ago, the concrete roof collapsed and killed a few people!

Its bolted and padlocked up now tho.

Its a spooky place at night time all right.

I love walking the dog up there, i usually walk through the forest where people rarely go, although i want to stay on the path, the dog drags me to the same aul spots and whimpers a bit!

If it starts to get dark, i get out of there quick as feck!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

That house on the top of the quarry was used for a house party years ago, the concrete roof collapsed and killed a few people!

No one was killed. My mam's best mate was one of the people in the house when it collapsed. Plenty injured though!

As for Killiney Hill, I spent countless nights up there running around the woods in the pitch darkness playing chasing etc when I was younger. Never saw or heard anything.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    No one was killed. My mam's best mate was one of the people in the house when it collapsed. Plenty injured though!

As for Killiney Hill, I spent countless nights up there running around the woods in the pitch darkness playing chasing etc when I was younger. Never saw or heard anything.

Thanks for the update, I was told a few people had died, classic case of purple monkey dishwasher!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Waterfall1975

OP, why do you ask?

OP, why do you ask?

Ah just wondering I suppose!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Waterfall1975

Sure, go up on your own some night & have a wander around - come back & tell us what went on. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Great White

Sorry to say, a guy did die in that castle on top of killiney hill. It used to be open and you could look around inside. However, after the accident it was locked up. I grew up in the area and remember it happening quite clearly. It was about 20 years ago or maybe more.

Sorry to say, a guy did die in that castle on top of killiney hill. It used to be open and you could look around inside. However, after the accident it was locked up. I grew up in the area and remember it happening quite clearly. It was about 20 years ago or maybe more.[/QUOTE[

How did he die?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Great White

Unfortunately the roof collapsed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

I grew up in Ballybrack and spent a lot of my own mis-spent youth up around Killiney hill and Dalkey quarry. That party that went on in the castle, I hung around with a few of those involved (though I was much younger than them and they wouldn't let me go with them that night).

We used to climb the quarry at various places, without ropes I might add, none of us were ever the type to join the scouts :)

There used to be a tunnel that ran from the small obelisk to the larger obelisk but the council blocked it off back in, ooh, around the 1980's or so if I remember rightly.

I never found out if it were true as I never managed to run the whole distance of the cave but there is a cave at whiterock in Killiney that apparently ran up to the Obelisk on Killiney hill. I remember going into the cave a number of times but the girls screaming with us and the rats running around your feet, along with the tide coming in, always meant we never really got that far.

Have seen the "black masses" being carried out on the hill, along with them killing rabbits and cats in some sort of scraficial crap. As we were a bunch of bold boys drinking up on the hill, they never bothered us and we never bothered them. Strange lot though. We were asked a number of times if we wanted to take part, nobody ever did far as I remember but they were confident enough in themselves and whatever they were doing to approach a bunch of sometimes 30+ well pissed lads/girls.

The forest around the carpark we knew as the "red forest" and it was full of foxes and badgers at night (along with the odd few weirdo's running around naked).

We did involve ourselves in a good few sessions of ouija board usage on the hill, but it was always coupled with the use of magic mushrooms so you could never really tell what the hell was happening once a couple of people got frantically scared and it spread among us all. Many a time have I gone head over heals and tumbled down the stone steps running away from imaginary things ;)

One thing I forgot to mention about Killiney Hill, if there was anywhere in Dublin I would go to ever have a hope of catching a glimpse of any UFO (whether that be of ET origin or man-made/whatever, I never bothered to follow-up, just enjoyed the show) it would be standing at the larger Obelisk looking out over the sea. Honestly, the amount of UFO's I've seen from there was incredible.

Now, I've also previously stated I've been there many a time both drinking and partaking in magic mushroom activity in my youth so take from that what you will :D but, there's also been plenty a time I was there fully sober/of clear mind and enjoyed watching numerous UFO activity.
    I also know the difference (or at least I'd like to think I do) between stars/planets and satellites and would safely say that most fo the stuff I'd have seen I couldn't to this day explain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lightbringer

There is no tunnel between the witches hat and the Obelisk! There is 3 mine shafts,! One is Deccos cave !There is another enterance near the killiney hill entrance and on ejust below the Green road!

There is no tunnel between the witches hat and the Obelisk!

There was at one stage but it was blocked off by the council/corpo. It ran from the witches hat down to the smaller obelisk not too far away, near that pyramid thingy you walk around, if that's still there now, I dunno, been a long time. I ran the tunnel a few times myself as a kid before it was blocked off due to safety concerns, far as I know it caved-in a couple times in places. I was about 12/13 or so, so we're talking back in the 80's here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Traze

Grimes wrote: »
    Admiring the stars where we grimes lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 LM_CL

Looking to buy a house in Abberley, Shanganagh Road, Killiney - can anyone advise if this is a safe neighborhood please?

LM_CL wrote: »
    Looking to buy a house in Abberley, Shanganagh Road, Killiney - can anyone advise if this is a safe neighborhood please?

The ghosts keep to themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Paramad

Advertisement