Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recipe for Porter cake?

Options
  • 30-08-2009 4:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭

Hello all!

Anyone got any tips and tricks on the above. I love ginger so would it work if I add in some chopped/grater ginger. Or should I stick with some kind of spice mix (or both:p)

Which stout is the best to use in this? I don't really drink stout but I love pc. I like it with lots of fruit and not overly sugary.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Medievalist

I really love crystalised ginger in a porter cake, though this is just a personal preference:). Gives it an extra kick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I'll try the crystallised ginger (hhmmm). How much should I put in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Medievalist

If I'm making a gingerbread loaf then I'll use about 50g, but with a porter cake I usually just chop up a reasonable sized lump. I have noticed that the colder it is outside the more ginger I use :)

Advertisement