Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will the AA12 shotgun be restricted? (ahem..)

Options
  • 30-08-2009 4:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭

:D
    Just sent in my application for this yoke, hoping to use it for a bit of casual rabbiting etc... im a bit worried tho whether the issue of a full composite stock might mean it could possibly come under scrutiny for a restricted cert? apart from that i cant see any other problems with it... heres a wee clip of it... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhstuvzMiB0&feature=related
    ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Fully automatic, hence class A, hence you never could licence it in the EU, let alone Ireland.
    Funny guy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭dimebag249

Sparks wrote: »
    Fully automatic, hence class A, hence you never could licence it in the EU, let alone Ireland.
    Funny guy...

Tell that to the guys in the Czech Republic who have licenced fully automatic MP5s, M16s and AK47s.

If your government's willing to issue licences (or not require them) for class A firearms, then you're sorted; but most EU member states don't allow it (including ours, obviously).

And I'm 99.9999% sure the OP was kidding, by the way. I only gave the serious answer because one of these days, I won't and we'll find our thread quoted verbatim the next day in the Herald or the Star :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Not to mind you would have a job exporting one from the USA as well.They are classified as full auto and a destructive device.Plus AA corp is selling to the US military only.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭4gun

dont know, chap told me there was already a few in ireland and licenced as simi-automatic maybe not this particular gun

• Advertisement

They dont make it in semi.It is FA only.!! Designed that way from the word go!
    Maybe somone has a Striker 12 type shotgun or a USAS 12 ??Both semi and drum capable.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Just like there's semi-auto versions of assault rifles and sub-machine guns. But that's the whole idea: no automatic fire = not an assault rifle nor submachine gun. It's like making a road legal version of a race car, it might look like a race car but it's an ordinary car.

Ahh..But road legal versions of race cars only encourage"boy racers" and road deaths,and sure no one needs one of those.Same sort of Govt donkey logic would be applied there as well.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭4gun

It's a while ago but we were talking about full auto,he reconed they were brought in by chaps that had worked in South Africa,
    He might have been trying to impress some one that was new to the shooting scene and laying it on quite thick:o

I'd hate to see the ammo allowance you'd have to ask for with one...

• Advertisement

4gun wrote: »
    It's a while ago but we were talking about full auto,he reconed they were brought in by chaps that had worked in South Africa,
    He might have been trying to impress some one that was new to the shooting scene and laying it on quite thick:o

Sounds like a Striker 12/Protecta then,with a good helping of verbal fertilizer..12in barrel,would be intresting..

Advertisement