Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My wifes new Nilesat Arabsat setup.

• 30-08-2009 5:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭

As my wife is an avid sat tv watcher I wanted her happy but seperated from my system. She has CM 1.2m Invacom twin matching feedhorn for Nilesat. TD 110 with Best single LNB for Arabsat. Enclosed a few pics of her new setup.

.24017d1251604724-my-wifes-new-nilesat-arabsat-setup-wifes_setup_08-09_1-jpg

24018d1251604724-my-wifes-new-nilesat-arabsat-setup-wifes_setup_08-09_2-jpg

24019d1251604724-my-wifes-new-nilesat-arabsat-setup-wifes_setup_08-09_3-jpg

Then finally a pic of both systems. I have CM 1.2m Invacom twin matching feedhorn 42 west to 50 east, below T-90 which is work in progress for a retrofit of the LNB holder system.

24020d1251604724-my-wifes-new-nilesat-arabsat-setup-our_setup_08-09_1-jpg

:):):)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

However you probabily get a much better signal in Antwerp, Belgium than I do in Limerick, Ireland :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

watty wrote: »
    However you probabily get a much better signal in Antwerp, Belgium than I do in Limerick, Ireland :)

Yes Watty Nilesat is not bad with some of the hortizontals dropping at day time or with bad weather but they come back in the night. Arabsat lashes in on the TD 110.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 57 ✭✭satelliteman20

Hi greenman

Are you picking up badr 6 too on that triax dish and anything from ab4a on the channel master

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

What a lovely tidy setup. Is that blue sky behind the dishes? Where did you get that from???????

snaps wrote: »
    Is that blue sky behind the dishes? Where did you get that from???????

We had a lovely summer here in general, its going up to 30 degrees tomorrow:):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

What a lovely tidy setup. Is that blue sky behind the dishes? Where did you get that from???????

He isn't in Ireland. They get real weather in Belgium.

with a setup like that and wather like that life must be great over there? Good luck and thanks for the pics.

with a setup like that and weather like that life must be great over there? Good luck and thanks for the pics.

Thanks very much.

Been here 16 years and wouldn't budge.

More pics to give context of location.picture.php?pictureid=3752&albumid=280&dl=1251708024&thumb=1
    picture.php?pictureid=3753&albumid=280&dl=1251708024&thumb=1

They seem a bit small will try to enlarge.

Here is a bigger pic if mods feel its too big please delete.

Otherwise what do you think?
    24034d1251703442-my-wifes-new-nilesat-arabsat-setup-wifes-setup-08-09_5-jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭Frisian

Great pix, can't wait to go back to the continent myself, to my own Arab/Nilesat setup.:D
    Although it's not all bad weather, there are some sunny patches here as well. Here is my playground

And yes, it's eight of them.

• Advertisement

I thought i was mad with my 3 dish setup in the back yard! Some great pics there!

@greenman, whats the mast in the pic? I cant see the top of it? Whats it used for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Apogee

Frisian wrote: »
    Great pix, can't wait to go back to the continent myself, to my own Arab/Nilesat setup.:D
    Although it's not all bad weather, there are some sunny patches here as well. Here is my playground

What's the size of the bigger dish? It looks like the original feedhorn was for C-band - where did you source it?

picture.php?albumid=287&pictureid=1384

Frisian wrote: »

Great pics, the're very rustig, which fair land are they located?
    @greenman, whats the mast in the pic? I cant see the top of it? Whats it used for?

Its 15 meters high, originally it was used in the early 80's as a TV mast to watch German and Dutch TV. I use it now for ham radio. You still see alot of them standing over here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Nice set up JD:)

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭Frisian

which fair land are they located?
    Yeat's country. Close to isle of Innishfree.:)
    What's the size
    It's a six footer.
    Bought it second hand of a french fella for IR£150 incl. motor and positioner/receiver. He was using it for pulling in french stations, but he had changed his equipment to 5°e KU-Band.
    I'll be taking it down and move it to Germany for african channel reception since most 26°e C-Band channels are gone, and I can pick up the remaining ones with my triax 110 offset! dish.
    The LNB in the pic is just for testing, I am using the original C-Band LNB on the feedhorn.

Advertisement