Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modric Injury

Options
  • 30-08-2009 8:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭

from http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/lukalatest300809.html

X-rays have determined that Luka Modric sustained a fracture to his right fibula during Saturday's victory over Birmingham City at White Hart Lane.
    The Croatian international was forced to withdraw from the action in the 49th minute and was replaced by goalscorer Peter Crouch.

Doesn't say how long he will be out for so who goes on the left hand side now ?

will bentley come in ?
    keane drop into that role and crouch come in ?
    Dos Santos or Danny Rose getting a few games on the left ?

what ya think ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Should be at least 8 weeks I'm told.

Don't be surprised if we dip into the transfer market.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

Only positive is it will shut United fans up about taking him. Thought a strange sub as he was best player on the park for first 45 against BC. Mcgeady??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

I'd like to see Keane or Dos Santos do a job out there.

I think Dos Santos has real potential. Even though I haven't seen too much of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

I think dud santos looks like a good player when you are 2-0 up. These injuries are very worrying. We really should dip into transfer market. We have money to spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Massive Blow.
    We will have to dip in to the market now if we want to push top 6 this season, he has been superb this season and will be sorely missed.

• Advertisement

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5524686,00.html
    Spurs have confirmed that Modric does not require surgery on the injury and he is expected back in training in six weeks' time.

Good news at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

i can't see us signing anyone tbh. I think robbie could do a job out there or maybe even bently/bale.

I think we should have kept onto o'hara imo.

ziedth wrote: »
    i can't see us signing anyone tbh. I think robbie could do a job out there or maybe even bently/bale.

I think we should have kept onto o'hara imo.

We can bring him back at any time we like. So could very well see him coming back soon IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

horrible to lose such an important player with 2 such crucial games coming up.

hope ts a speedy recovery. read 6 weeks.

gio bale or bentley on the wing im thinkin

but its rumoured harry will dip into the market. for who??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

looks like 6 wks, at least 2 wks of that taken up by internat break, i'm hoping we sign someone to replace him (or bring back o'hara), don't like seeing the whole team being disrupted (i.e keane or lennon switching to left etc)

• Advertisement
Advertisement