Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

converting a garage into a proper room

Options
  • 30-08-2009 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

hi. just wondering if anyone would have a ball-park figure of what it might cost to convert a side of house garage into a room. its concrete - attatched to the house, with a door into the kitchen. there is a oil fired central heating unit in the garage, so I am assuming it would need to be somehow walled off. the roof of the garage is concrete, and would probably need to be re-waterproofed, then the side walls plastered and a floor base put in. the front of the garage was already bricked up, with a door in it. any guesstimates at what it might cost ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

How long is it built?
    What size is it?
    Is there damp proofing and insulation in the floor?
    Are the walls cavity, do they have insulation?
    You say the roof is concrete, asphalt or actual concrete?
    What is the difference in floor heights from garage to house?
    What is the existing floor to ceiling height?

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭mikedublin

thanks for the reply

How long is it built? i think in the 1950's
    What size is it? about 25/35 feet long, 15 feet wide
    Is there damp proofing and insulation in the floor? no
    Are the walls cavity, do they have insulation? no - just concrete
    You say the roof is concrete, asphalt or actual concrete? i think actual concrete
    What is the difference in floor heights from garage to house? you go up two steps to go into the kitchen
    What is the existing floor to ceiling height? about 20 feet i think

I'll take a photo and post it

• Registered Users Posts: 46,037 ✭✭✭✭muffler

mikedublin wrote: »
    Jesus :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,298 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

mikedublin wrote: »

I doubt it

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭mikedublin

yeah sorry I must be getting mixed up. its just over the height of an ordinary room.
    Just wondering really for a very rough ball-park figure of how much garage coversions would be - 5,000 e , 10,000 e ? 20, ? cheers,

• Advertisement
Advertisement