Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weight training.... but also a basketball player

Options
  • 30-08-2009 10:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hy just wondering what people think of this training regieme.

Im 23, and have been weight training for years. once 14.5 stone of muscle etc... basically i am good in the gym etc and not a beginner. but not I am back playing basketball and dont want to do weights that are going to mess up my shot etc and flexability.
    Monday and Friday Basketball Strength Training Exercise

Abs workout - Twisting Sit-up, Hanging Leg Raise. [/font]
    ]Bench Press (10-8-6-4) - Shoulders, chest, triceps.[/font]
    Lat Pull Down (3 x 10) - Latissimus dorsi, biceps, and brachioradialis.[/font]
    Bicep Curls (3 x 10) - Biceps, and forearms
    ]Bar Dips (3 x max) - Chest, shoulders, and arms.[/font]
    Squats/ Leg Press (12-10-8-6) - Hips, hamstrings, quadriceps, groin, and lower back. [/font]
    ]Hang Cleans (10-8-6) - legs, hips, lower back, upper back, and shoulders.[/font]
    Calf Raises (3 x 30) - Ankles, and calves.[/font]
    Wrist Curls (3 x 25) - Forearm flexors.[/font]
    Wednesday Basketball Strength Training Exercises

Abs workout - Legs-in-the-Air Sit-Ups, Bench Crunch, Side Sit-ups.[/font]
    Incline Bench Press (10-8-6) - Shoulders, chest, triceps, and upper back.[/font]
    Seated Lat Row (3 x 10) - Latissimus dorsi, biceps, and brachioradialis.[/font]
    Lateral DB Raises (10-8-6) - Deltoid and trapezius.[/font]
    Tricep Press Downs (3 x 10) - Triceps.[/font]
    Dumbbell Curls (3 x 10) - Biceps, and forearms.[/font]
    Squats/ Leg Press (12-10-8-6) - Hips, hamstrings, quadriceps, groin, and lower back.[/font]
    High Pull (10-8-6) - Legs, hips, lower back, upper back, and shoulders.[/font]
    Calve Raises (3 x 30) - Ankles and calves.[/font]

Advertisement