Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gold Spammers..

Options
  • 30-08-2009 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Dont you just hate them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Fano

Yea they are quite possible the most annoying thing about the game.....and you cant stop them...also they have started this new trend of whispering you while your off minding your own business which i hate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

get spam sentry addon, lvl 1's cant whisper you. SORTED.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

Didnt get them much on my old low pop server, but since ive played on outland/stormscale i get ALOT of the dopes whispering. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

not to mention the muliple (like 300)level 1 death advertisements in front of the AH in org, first time i seen it it was hilarious, but its just annoying to see it every single time you set foot in orgrimmar, am guessing the alliance have a similar one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Yea we do, in SW and IF mainly. Load of balls, there are things blizzard can do about this, but don't. One of them would be to disable speach for people lower than level 10 unless you have that person on your friends list. It takes about an hour for somebody to get to level 10. That would cut it out I would think...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

TechnoPool wrote: »
    get spam sentry addon, lvl 1's cant whisper you. SORTED.

yup i use spam me not addon, no one under lvl 80 can whisper me unless their on my friends list or in guild. Great for when your runnning through stormwind bowflexing yo gearz and all the nabs are asking for:

"OMGZ YEW HAZ EPIXXX, CAN I HAS BEWST !"

It also blocks out all the trade/lfg/local and /yell spam too and auto reports them too. But i think any of these addons do the same thing really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

I had a dk gold spammer whisp me the other day, made a change from the level ones :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Been getting a lot of these recently, so started to screw with them:

-asked the first was the gold farmed organically and is the packaging recycleable

-asked another was the gold "chocolate gold"....unfortunately it wasnt :(

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Magaa

yeah im going to get that addon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Installed it yesterday, it works a treat, I just get a little notification when someone is reported.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Kurn

Spam and gold selling can be so easily but I think blizzard don't want to stop it because it keeps players interested... How hard is it to make it so level 1s can't message you, or to stop players getting huge amounts of money from level 1s...?

What about the players who whisper can I have 30 gold please... i find that very annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 dubhdara3

I don't know about other realms,
    but on azuremyst the gold spammers have started to get a bit more intelligent. Last night I noticed they have started to level up to level 2 and start whispering people to beat the add-on's which block level 1 whisper's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

dubhdara3 wrote: »
    I don't know about other realms,
    but on azuremyst the gold spammers have started to get a bit more intelligent. Last night I noticed they have started to level up to level 2 and start whispering people to beat the add-on's which block level 1 whisper's

That's not very intelligent. Just click on your spam blocker and put it up to lvl's 2. Anyone who went to the trouble of installing them will surly set it to the new required lvl.

One funny thing happened to me last night. A lvl one was spaming items he wanted to sell. I wanted to buy one of them so whispered him and stood beside him. After about 1min of waiting he logged off. Only then i remembered about my spam blocker (it stops whispers). Oh well my loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

i like them ive come friendly with one which when hes bored in china and has nothing else to do starts chatting to me about whats going on and asking about music that he might like

he says he is a girl but we all know they dont exist on the net . its funny when hes powerleveling charactors tho . because for 50 % of the time hes not actually leveling hes just trying to get adverts out .

he says he dosnt hack peoples accounts as it causes to much trouble and is to easily traced but you just cant trust em.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Magaa

elexes wrote: »
    i like them ive come friendly with one which when hes bored in china and has nothing else to do starts chatting to me about whats going on and asking about music that he might like

he says he is a girl but we all know they dont exist on the net . its funny when hes powerleveling charactors tho . because for 50 % of the time hes not actually leveling hes just trying to get adverts out .

he says he dosnt hack peoples accounts as it causes to much trouble and is to easily traced but you just cant trust em.

The thing that annoys me is that they never reply!
    (If i ever would buy wow gold. )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

20090907.jpg

Advertisement