Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Galway town needs a bypass?

Options
  • 30-08-2009 10:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm going to be starting a college engineering project in the next few weeks and hope to design a bypass for a town. What town in Galway needs a bypass do you think?

(Mods sorry for posting this in county and city, but please leave both for a few days as I need to decide v soon!)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

gary82 wrote: »
    What town in Galway needs a bypass do you think?
    From the driving I do I find Gort to be painful as is the narrow stretch of road on the Ennis side of Crusheen before you get onto the bypass.

I don't experience it much but I'm sure others can tell you horror stories about Claregalway as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Claregalway definately, Tuam (fastest town in ireland) could do with one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

Bear in mind that bypass of just about everything in Galway are 'planned' already, whatever that means in Ireland. (Moycullen bypass has been planned for years but not built). So its gonna be tough to find one that hasnt at least been thought of before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Gort - and it will be ready this time next year.

Booyah!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭ArraMusha

The city needs a bypass! Incompetent politicians only interested in lining their own pockets have left the city turned into a car park.
    And then ya hear the tweeks to monegeeshia and the majik roundabout as if that'll solve it!

:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The Balllinsloe Tuam Gort Claregalway and Galway bypasses are all designed already with 2 nearing completion in 2010 .

Gort probably needs a NORTHERN bypass to the N66 from the Motorway junction to its north so how about designing that ??? The fewer roundabouts the better I say :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Does it have to be in Galway??

Cos Ballinrobe can be a right pain in the hole coming from Galway sometimes.

Clarinbridge maybe?

Milltown?

They aren't actual towns but they really can get badly backed up at peak times.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Claregalway needs one bad, especially since they've only gone and made the traffic situation worse with their pointless bus lanes. Galway city badly needs some sort of ring road to get traffic from east to west. Tuam badly needs one because it's basically a major road going north and as with all small town has an infestation of traffic lights slowing everything down.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Galway outer by-pass all the way to Spiddal
    Claregalway
    Athenry and Tuam need ring roads.

• Advertisement
Advertisement