Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

??

Options
  • 30-08-2009 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hey, just looking at the timetables, and my course has alot of big gaps concerning one particular subject, (3-4 hours till the next one) who can we approach to get this changed, other than the teacher?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

You can talk to your teacher and your year head about it, also everybody should voice their concern to your class rep to bring up at the next meeting etc, but don't expect that to make one bit of difference. We tried it in first year when we had a 4hr gap every tuesday and we were constantly fobbed off saying they were looking into it but before you knew it it was the end of the year with no change.
    Same sort of situation in 2nd year. We had a double class on a thursday morning (10 - 12) which was the only class that day, tried to get it moved to another day but apparently policy says we couldnt have a day off. They did meet us half way though by moving a friday class (which got rid of a 2hr break) to the thursday straight after the double class.
    This is in the school of computing btw, you might have more luck in whichever course your in

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Leane00 wrote: »
    Hey, just looking at the timetables, and my course has alot of big gaps concerning one particular subject, (3-4 hours till the next one) who can we approach to get this changed, other than the teacher?

Don't take that timetable as gospel yet. You're likely to have a change, maybe even two in the first few weeks of the year as they work out the kinks.

All timetables are calculated by the lecturers' time, class time and class allocation, so sometimes a course is kind of forced to have a big gap. I would also imagine 3rd/4th years are given timetable priority.

If you're jumping into 1st or 2nd year I wouldn't worry too much. It gives you time to study... or go to the cinema!

Advertisement