Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW2 Models

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭arnhem44

Here one of my own,one of the limited edition 1/16 Forces of Valor King Tiger's which comes in the immation ammo box underneath

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

Wow, I love that, especially with the case. I only ever saw a sherman in that size, the sherman might have been bigger even, cant remember the scale now but it dident look as cool as that. I only have a few of the smaller scale models, I love the way you can move the forces of valor tracks, guns and doors, way better than the Dragon models which are fairly static but their details are excellent.
    I love the Dragon soilders, I have several sets of them, they can be picked up pretty cheap on ebay.
    I have had my eye on this diorama set for a while now, its somewhere near the top of a very long wish list.
    Is that your collection or is it a shop display?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭arnhem44

Thats one from my own collection,I missed out on the original Tiger when they came out first which was limited to 500,I currently have about 100 kits of mostly German 1/35 and 1/72 to make,haven't done any now in a while,actually none in along time come to think of it,heres another few from the armour side of the collection,Minichamp 1/35,Dragon 1/43 and Corgi which is a really great brand in 1/50.,The whole sets with the soldiers and accessories now make up some great diorama's if you have the room(which I don't sadly).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

Some really cool stuff there, it puts my little collection to shame. Unfortunately I had to stop buying anything about 3 years ago when I went back to college and now the recession is putting a stop to any more purchases. I have one or two of the smaller dragon armour tanks you have. I have a few corgi planes aswell plus a 50th anniversary Messerschmitt.
    I'm torn between adding to my collection of models or saving to add to my even smaller collection of militaria. I got a black wound badge a few months ago as it was the cheapest bit of decent militaria I could find, I want to get an Iron Cross when I get some money together.
    I love putting little dioramas together, I have them on the top 2 shelves of my book case but my kids have got big enough now to reach them so now when I take a look at them I find all the guys guns knocked off and the tiger commander wearing a strawberry shortcake hat, there has been a tiny teddy bear sitting in my Sd.Kfz for months now and a plastic cream cake sitting on the turret of my Panzer 4. I need a glass case like yours!!!

Advertisement