Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Management fees, how it's worked out, help.

Options
  • 30-08-2009 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know about the process involved in working out what the management company charge each unit?

I have their budget proposal here in front of me and was wondering if they under-count the amount of my type of properties in the development does that mean I am being charged too much or too little?

i.e., they use that number to multiply or divide by?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

It varies from building to building. Some base their fees on square footage, others do a more basic: 1 bedrooms pay this much, 2 beds pay this much.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 9,304 ✭✭✭markpb

Check your lease agreement, it has to tell you how your share is calculated. There are three main ways:

- a quantity surveyor will determine your percentage liability. You pay that percentage of the total budgeted costs of the year

- you pay a percentage based on floor size or the number of bedrooms in your apartment

- you pay a share based on the type of apartment (apartment in block, own door, duplex, etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

podge018 wrote: »
    I have their budget proposal here in front of me and was wondering if they under-count the amount of my type of properties in the development does that mean I am being charged too much or too little?
    It would, in theory, result in an overcharge. You need them to confirm their figures.

It may be down to the builder not having sold some of the properties and therefore isn't paying or is paying a reduced rate.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

markpb wrote: »
    Check your lease agreement, it has to tell you how your share is calculated. There are three main ways:

- a quantity surveyor will determine your percentage liability. You pay that percentage of the total budgeted costs of the year

- you pay a percentage based on floor size or the number of bedrooms in your apartment

- you pay a share based on the type of apartment (apartment in block, own door, duplex, etc)

also add thinks like lifts usage etc

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

In some developments- there is no diffrentiation between the different unit types- so an apartment may be the same as a duplex, and those with parking may be the same as those without.

You need to get a copy of your original lease and check exactly how its calculated in your own case- we are only playing guessing games here.......

• Advertisement
Advertisement