Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irelands cheapest drinks, in ethanol per Euro, feel free to add it to it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Ronseal Varnish. Does exactly what it says on the tin.
    Well, it does more than it says on the tin in some cases, doesn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

wudangclan wrote: »
    i was in aldi in amsterdam this weekend and saw cans of some beer for 39 cents per can.
    now if only i drank.....

In amsterdam for the weekend and you go to lidl...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

ABEasy wrote: »
    In amsterdam for the weekend and you go to lidl...

I'm fairly sure he went to aldi

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭sudzy

Ha! Did that once in Dunnes.. Spent half an hour calculating what would be the best value, think biere de france won!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

1) Get in car
    2) Drive to Enniskillen/Newry/Other border towns
    3) Fill your fridge.

My house looks like an off licence at the minute, cheap and cheerful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

If you don't mind paying for **** quality, then fire away at the list.

Urggghh

• Registered Users Posts: 32 MarcusTheCarcus

bump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

bump

Why?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,542 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Come back when you can drink pioneers

Mmmmm, pie and ears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I do agree with you though! When I'm in Cork, I drink bottled water. The tap water is contaminated with sewage and chemicals!

:(

I've been drinking tap water in Cork all my life and there's nothing wrong with me!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

I've been drinking tap water in Cork all my life and there's nothing wrong with me!!!

Are you sure? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

The frostie jacks mentioned without the numbers:

60ml/euro is appears
    3000ml (3 litres), 7.5% alcohol = 225ml ethanol / 3.75 = 60ml.

Just posting how I worked it out in case I made some stupid mistake, seems a bit hard to believe it's twice as good value for getting pissed. (But I'm sure the taste makes up for that)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

TheZohan wrote: »
    I hope you're not drinking Irish bottled water.

Can't have as many germs as that filthy Holy water stuff!

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Do you live in a tiny, crap village that's made up of farms, sewage water and unpasturised milk? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

If only tramps could see this thread... they'd be delighted :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Personally I only drink booze that has been filtered through the purest eh.... diamond studded eh... filters and then funneled through a high-grade stainless steel funnel into a bottle of pure gold and rubies and then sold in a teak box lined with velvet with a certificate of authenticity so this thread doesn't really hold any relevance for me.

But still..... Jaysus 1 euro a can for Hollandia. That's savage value altogether!

Okay, i sense a new quest... Where can I get me some frosty jacks? I mean really.... Anyone with information please tell....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Glens Vodka: 37.5%, 5.50 a naggin.

Will our Hospitals be able to cope in years to come?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭Duff

Okay, i sense a new quest... Where can I get me some frosty jacks? I mean really.... Anyone with information please tell....

I've only ever seen it for sale up North. I don't give a fluck though cus i'm on the border. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

greendom wrote: »
    If only tramps could see this thread... they'd be delighted :D

Most tramps are well aware of the best value advailable

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Last time I checked, it was onsale in Spar on the Ballymun Road. As the shop's offy is the main offy for all DCU students, it has a sizeable range of cheap beers.

And yes, Hollandia is stocked there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I'm pretty sure I bought some frosty jacks in Redmonds in Ranelagh(Dublin 6).
    If you're going there,I think you should call first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Yes, but you're surrounded by other people from Cork so you'd have a hard time noticing if there was

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

Tesco 3 litre cider bottles... unreal

3 litres, 5.2% (around) ==>> 3.59!! Something like 43ml per euro!!

But the problem is they're so cheap that there sold out almost all the time. When they do get them in they're gone by the end of the day

Schooner Wine (found in Tesco also) - 700ml, 15%, €4.50, 23ml per euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Tesco 3 litre cider bottles... unreal

3 litres, 5.2% (around) ==>> 3.59!! Something like 43ml per euro!!

The first time I had one of those it was great, didn't even have a hangover.

The second time I had a hangover for 6 weeks and about 7 tests done in Hospital.

Do not buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

As a student I fully endorse this thread. Good job OP :).

Nice to see that tesco vodka actually stands up well against other drinks.
    And no, I have no reason to believe it's ****e. It is filtered, maybe not as much as the posh vodkas, but the fact that it's clear says something about it's purity. I would trust it over any unfiltered drink like beer/wine/cider/whiskey ect.

For maximum scabbage you should work out a dosage for yourself in mls of ethanol.

For starters, a naggin of 37.5% vodka has 75 mls of ethanol. A 500ml can of 4% beer has 20 mls of ethanol. A 500ml can of 6% cider has 30 mls of ethanol ect.
    This way you'll never drink more than you need to. This has benifits both monetary and non-monetary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Alexl

I know its not in ireland but in serbia you can get a litre of 45% plum spirits for €3, thats 150ml/€, but it does make you gag when you try and drink it.

And how much is a Ryanair ticket to Serbia? Cause that sounds pretty damn good if y'ask me...

Ooh here's one: Portuguese absinthe: 5E a naggin, 80%. Alcohol per euro: 32ml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

'Was drinking PINTS of Zlaty Bazant in Slovakia for 80cent last summer. 'Not sure it makes up for the surroundings though.

What's Hollandia like? I've never had the (dis)pleasure..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

Got a bottle of 96 (yeah it's 96%) in Cyprus for €7.50.
    Works out 44.8 ml of alcohol per euro.

Anyway, after a few sips and shots, 4 people got sick all over a gaf and 2 people were ko'd.

Fun times

Advertisement