Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Society Start Up

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Irishtrekkie

Thing is, takes way longer to set up a new account than it takes to click the ban buttons.

Still though, time that couldn't possibly be better spent talking to a girl or anything.

WHAT ? multiple accounts like , i don't think thats aloud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Assmaster_Kronk

icbinb wrote: »
    there is literally nothing i can say to make your posting entertaining

Your trolling really knows no bounds:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 icbinb

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional or disciplinary response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

hitler was right imo

• Advertisement

Hitler ? i am guessing your talking about the two netsoc servers called hitler and Stalin right ?

Hitler ? i am guessing your talking about the two netsoc servers called hitler and Stalin right ?

are they still called that?
    I thought they all got renamed to Futurama robots?

are they still called that?
    I thought they all got renamed to Futurama robots?

maybe your right , what Futurama robots did they call them ?

maybe your right , right Futurama robots did they call them ?

Bender Calculon Flexo etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭MikeyCyrus

hitler was right imo

he had the right idea :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Bender Calculon Flexo etc

Can whoever is running netsoc this year come up with better names maybe.
    They could have named them after Robot Mafia from futurama
    you know the Donbot , Joey Mousepad and Clamps

MikeyCyrus wrote: »
    he had the right idea :rolleyes:
    its a shame Icbinb is never right, thats why i hate him so.
    Oh and hi Mike

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

No.

random- getting a fair few complaints here, if you want to remain an active user on this forum, maybe rethink your attitude to posters here, trolling and unhelpful comments are not welcome, you will recive a ban until to your teen angst phase has passed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 itsnotbutter

random- getting a fair few complaints here, if you want to remain an active user on this forum, maybe rethink your attitude to posters here, trolling and unhelpful comments are not welcome, you will recive a ban until to your teen angst phase has passed.

it's ok I heard through the grapevine that guy was so angry he left the forums for ever! I think he actually broke his computer he got so angry about boards dot ie!

edit: There is a Clamps server iirc

edit2: How are you going to ban anyone anyway? Unless you want to ban the whole DIT subnet? IIRC random works in DIT.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

goddamnit!! who derailed my mario kart thread!! how did hitler come in to it!?

well, I know there is a gamesoc, but like, maybe some people dont want the whole game package, and it wouldnt be informal mario karting! this is serious ****...

I was thinking, you could have teams of racers in competitions...

teams of four. 2 vs 2 competitons.

as well as a singles divivsion.

run a singles league- and a teams cup sort of idea.

goddamnit!! who derailed my mario kart thread!! how did hitler come in to it!?

well, I know there is a gamesoc, but like, maybe some people dont want the whole game package, and it wouldnt be informal mario karting! this is serious ****...

I was thinking, you could have teams of racers in competitions...

teams of four. 2 vs 2 competitons.

as well as a singles divivsion.

run a singles league- and a teams cup sort of idea.

OR! we could all become plumers, grow mustaches, die some demin overalls, buy a green dragon and a few mushrooms and then go out karting! but out of all them.... id doubt you'll find and overalls these days :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

MikeyCyrus wrote: »
    OR! we could all become plumers, grow mustaches, die some demin overalls, buy a green dragon and a few mushrooms and then go out karting! but out of all them.... id doubt you'll find and overalls these days :P
    Now we have to do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Gizmocity

there's an "actual" karting club too...

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

Gizmocity wrote: »
    there's an "actual" karting club too...

Mario Kart > Real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭ditpaintball

Back on Topic..

The Paintball Socitiey is always a safe bet. Shoot your mates and then drink with them afterwards.

• Advertisement

so any luck with setting it up yet? :L

who do i get in touch with!?

i dont know :(

well... im gonna email dit tomorrow and sort this out.

this is happening. youll see me around!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭campuslife

Hi Diesel Queen,

To set up a new society, you need the following (from the societies website: http://www.socs.dit.ie/about.php

"1. A good idea (within the law) and filling in a registration form for a stall on Clubs/Societies day.

2. Recruiting interested members, at least 15 students’ names with fully paid membership

3. Following this, you will fill in a budget form, accompanied by completed membership forms ,membership fees, the aims and objectives of Society and a copy of the societies constitution( all available on online).

Training is provided and must be attended for those who wish to run or be involved in the running of a society. Areas such as public speaking, sponsorship and event management are covered. "

To find out about getting a stall for Clubs/Societies Festival contact James on 4023172 or Anita on 4027123.

Best of luck,

Brian

Any help needed with mario kart soc I'm down :p

same :P

I would also be willing to lend the expertise i gained from co-running Gigsoc last year (I did nothing) to this prestigious project

the committee is coming together so... haha

• Advertisement

Can we play the occasional bit of super smash bros to mix it up?:p

Advertisement