Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Completed Fallout 3 main game - which DLC next?

Options
  • 30-08-2009 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

Just completed the (slightly underwhelming) last quest in Fallout 3.

Which dlc should I go for next?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

i found the dlc poor enough compared to the main game but broken steel would be the high point for me

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Its supposed to go...Operation Anchorage, The Pitt, Broken Steel, Point Lookout and then Mothership Zeta.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I'd go for broken steel. Some of the missions in that are pretty epic, and it raises the level cap to 30. Plus you can keep playing after the main story ends for as long as you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

I'd agree with Broken Steel, you can have the level cap raised for the rest of the dlc then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

I lost my Fallout disc, if i buy the dlc's do i need the main disc?
    Kiith wrote: »
    Its supposed to go...Operation Anchorage, The Pitt, Broken Steel, Point Lookout and then Mothership Zeta.

Should they be played in this order yes?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Should they be played in this order yes?
    Not really no. Broken Steel should be gotten first i think, as it raises the level cap to 30. It only actually starts after the main quest though. You can do the other ones whenever you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

id go with point lookout & BS. I havent palyed bs yet but it will upgrade the level cap, and point lookout is definitely the most fun dlc. Youl lget a good few hours play and alot of varied quests

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    I lost my Fallout disc, if i buy the dlc's do i need the main disc?

Yes, you access the dlc by playing the game as normal. It basically unlocks parts of the worlds/characters will mention it to you etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I found the rewards for completing Anchorage to be the most fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Nevore wrote: »
    I found the rewards for completing Anchorage to be the most fun.

Yes, I guess the reward would want to be good after the torture of playing that crap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Downloaded Broken Steel last night and playing away again with the level 30 cap. Might not even touch the additional content for a while as I think I have a good few side quests to complete after flying through the main quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Anyone know if there are any plans of releasing all of them together as a "full addon pack" dont really fancy buying each one...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

There's 2 packs out at retail, one with Broken Steel and Point Lookout, and the other with The Pitt and Operation: Anchorage.

A Game Of The Year edition is on the way which will include all five, but it'll have the main game too, which mightn't be what you're looking for.

Advertisement