Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to the Caribbean!!

Options
  • 30-08-2009 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭

I'll be accepting a job and moving to the Caribbean at the end of September (Antigua to be precise). Will be there for maybe 6 months at least then off to Manila in the medium term.
    I'm very excited but the logistics of shifting over there are annoying me! Re-location will be paid for but I can only fly from London so will getting from Dublin to London with my life on my back and then on to Antigua. Struggling to find any firms that move goods to Antigua as it's out of the way and rare for someone Irish (or even British) to move there.

Figured I'd just post half in the optimistic hope that somebody may have some advice to offer and half just to put it out there generally!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 superreds12

Hi,

I actually lived in Antigua for around 8 months some years back, its a really nice place although it is quite a small island with a population of around 55 thousand so can get pretty boring after a while. With regards to moving your stuff I would imagine if you contact any of the large international movers in Ireland they would be able to help you. As far as I can remember we had no problem at all moving stuff out there. I presume you are in the gaming industry going by the two locations you shall be working? Anyway if I can help you in anyway please feel free to ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 wilpat

hi, i am just about to move home to North Carolina and after lots of investigation work here i discovered that the biggest movers are all the one company !! i am working with a small independent company who are professional and courteous. they said that the can move to anywere so you could give them a try. don't have any numbers to hand but they are called aim moving. hope that helps. W.

Advertisement