Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

st marys national school ballygunner

• 30-08-2009 1:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows when this school re opens not sure if its monday or tuesday. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

It opens on Tuesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭mick111112

Great thanks a lot

New principal has a great reputation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭anon11

deisemum wrote: »
    New principal has a great reputation.

I went to nursery school with his mam:) Nice fella:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 halfords

I have previously worked with your new principal .and he is an absolutely brilliant principal to have in any school. I wish him all the best and he will be missesd for his kindness and fairness that he has shown in the years that I have worked with him, he will also be missed for the sport.

• Advertisement

Well he's an extremely welcome replacement to the school and parents are more than delighted to get such a well respected principal.

My son and his friends who are sport mad are delighted that he's going to see about starting a soccer league on top of all the other sport that they play in the school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I'll be forever in that man's debt if he somehow manages to get the parents to park their cars down in the church car park and walk the whole 100 yards to the school with their children, rather thank parking as close as is physically possible with no regard for the traffic on what is a dangerous junction at the best of times. I cannot understand the mentality that makes people do this!

nkay1985 wrote: »
    I'll be forever in that man's debt if he somehow manages to get the parents to park their cars down in the church car park and walk the whole 100 yards to the school with their children, rather thank parking as close as is physically possible with no regard for the traffic on what is a dangerous junction at the best of times. I cannot understand the mentality that makes people do this!

That's the gaelscoil and they too have a new principal.

St. Mary's is the other one opposite the retirement home and fortunately parents are allowed park in there in the mornings and afternoons.

Fortunately mine get the school bus which is great so I rarely have to do the school run.

deisemum wrote: »
    That's the gaelscoil and they too have a new principal.

St. Mary's is the other one opposite the retirement home and fortunately parents are allowed park in there in the mornings and afternoons.

Fortunately mine get the school bus which is great so I rarely have to do the school run.

Ah right I knew I heard something about that school having a new principal. My point stands anyway. The behaviour of some of the parents is just ridiculous. You'd swear they were going to die if they walked 100 yards!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

The behaviour of some of the parents is just ridiculous. You'd swear they were going to die if they walked 100 yards!

Agreed. Some of the gaelscoil parents seem to think it's perfectly ok to park blocking up resident's driveways too :mad: What kind of ignorant moron does that?:confused:

FFS if you're so worried about your child having to walk down through dangerous traffic and dangerously parked cars (ironic that it is the "concerned" parents that are causing this danger in the first place :rolleyes:) to get to your car, then get your fat arse out of the car and walk up to meet them at the gates of the school, don't just bloody contribute to the problem in the first place.

Having said that, this particular problem is not confined solely to the gaelscoil, it's almost every bloody school around the country that has this problem. I know of a rural school that had to call the guards to supervise the parental (lack of) parking in order to ensure the safety of the parent's own children, until the parents finally got the message and started parking in a sane manner.

echosound wrote: »
    Having said that, this particular problem is not confined solely to the gaelscoil, it's almost every bloody school around the country that has this problem. I know of a rural school that had to call the guards to supervise the parental (lack of) parking in order to ensure the safety of the parent's own children, until the parents finally got the message and started parking in a sane manner.

Ah yeah I know but I happen to drive past this insane scene in the morning after an 8- or 11-hour shift so that's why it's foremost in my mind.

I remember when I was in St. Stephen's N.S. in town the carry on of the parents parking along Patrick Street. My mother always parked on the Mayor's Walk or Ballybricken and it never did any of us any harm to stroll up the road!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

Ah yeah I know but I happen to drive past this insane scene in the morning after an 8- or 11-hour shift so that's why it's foremost in my mind.

I remember when I was in St. Stephen's N.S. in town the carry on of the parents parking along Patrick Street. My mother always parked on the Mayor's Walk or Ballybricken and it never did any of us any harm to stroll up the road!

It's foremost in my mind too as we have relatives living on the road there and we are constantly getting blocked in if we park in their drive when visiting around school let-out time :mad:
    Insane inconsiderate parking going on there at times.

And when I was a nipper, I had a mile long walk along dangerous narrow country roads to get to the school bus stop, never mind the actual school :p that was another 5 mile bus journey away (the joys of living in deepest darkest countryside). Kids today eh, grumble grumble etcetera etcetera ;)

Advertisement