Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question regarding Major/Minor Arts.

• 30-08-2009 1:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

A couple of months ago I was asking about Single Honours History or Major/Minor History and English and how people found both paths.

I have decided to pursue the Major/Minor option, with History as my Major and English as the Minor. My reason for this is because I want to do more History and less English, but still retain the option to teach English at Secondary Level. After this was verified by the numerous departments I now face the question about choosing my modules for History in Second Year.

Obviously, I have to complete 40 Credits in History and 20 in English. On the History Department Website, one can see the list of modules available for Second Year.

History students do one core module (7.5 credits) and one option per semester. However, this only applies to Double Honours Students. So, can someone kindly explain what I have to do or how I go about ensuring I have 20 credits per semester or 40 in total for the year?

I will earn 7.5 Credits for my Core and my option is also worth 7.5, which makes 15 out of 20 needed. When registering do I simply just tick one of the 5 credit modules as well, or are there other modules available to me?

Would greatly appreciate any help with this!

Advertisement