Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changing ISP

• 30-08-2009 1:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭

I am going to change my internet provider, Eircom as they want to control what sites I visit. How mich hassle is involved in moving, and what adsl provider do people recommend. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I am going to change my internet provider, Eircom as they want to control what sites I visit. How mich hassle is involved in moving, and what adsl provider do people recommend. Thanks.

Depends heavily on what exchange you're on if you want to stay on ADSL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

My local exchange has all the major providers. One good thing I have to say about Eircon is outages were very rare and I would like my new provider to be the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

take into account that some providers actually get their internet from Eircom so you could still be in trouble if you switch. BT do a 24 meg which is worth looking into

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

I will never touch BT again, regular outages then one day I was cut off, my bill was paid up to date, they kept trying to charge me for months afterwards for a service I wasn't getting.

Advertisement