Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

20% off R4 and R4i cards and DS accessories

• 30-08-2009 1:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 264 ✭✭

20% off R4 and R4i cards and DS accessories
    from french site
    or UK site
    use code eteindien20 or latesummer20
    Free delivery to ireland.
    R4 card and 2g micro memory with reduction 15.30Euro
    R4i and 2G micromemory with reduction 18.70.
    Pajoe:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

2GB kingston microsd is £5.99 delivered here
    http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Micro-SD/Kingston/Kingston-2GB-Micro-SD

I have a DSTT and have a class 4 8GB, which was £9.99 delivered a month or so ago. I think some R4s cannot use SDHC so might are limited to 2GB

They are £11.99 now http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Micro-SDHC/Lexar/Lexar-8GB-Micro-SD-Card-(SDHC)---Class-4

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.15613

Do not get a DSTTi though, get the acekard one, the DSTTi is already obsolete, nintendo released firmware V1.4 and it does not work on it, acekard does though, and the R4i works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 264 ✭✭pajoemccracken

I posted this as I found them easy to deal with and delivered within a week when I was in france for summer.
    I have bought some R4 SDHC off them and worked great.
    Got a DS car charger to keep the kids happy over the long journeys for 3.90Euro delivered free.
    I have found dealextreme to take forever for delivery and some of their products to be of very poor quality.
    pajoe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

The reason that they are on offer is because they dont work with DSi firmware version 1.4. Which is upgraded when you connect to the internet.

EDIT: should of read Rubadubs post..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Which one would work with the dsi?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,092 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

cork45 wrote: »

These ones Just look for the dsi compatability.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭-osborne-

i've heard alot of bad reviews about http://www.r4i.co.uk/ i just bought a R4 + 2gb kingston memory card from memorycardzoo.com ordered it friday arrived here today for £23 incl shipping

cork45 wrote: »

This one does apparently, suposed to be one of the best there at the moment too.
    Read the comments down the bottom and it will tell you how to upgrade the firmware of the card.
    Its in "ACEKARD and DSi 1.4"

greenfly wrote: »
    This one does apparently, suposed to be one of the best there at the moment too.
    Yes, I have that one, and ordered another for a mate, it is better build quality than the DSTT and super fast scrolling through games. Its the best selling unit on DX at the moment, which is a good sign. A quick read of review sites showed me it was the most recommended one. Dunno why there are so many R4 ones!

rubadub wrote: »
    Dunno why there are so many R4 ones!

Because R4 is the name everyone knows and goes to, even though they are no longer a company and everything a clone.. Names sell, hence a load of fakes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

r4.co.uk sells them both, and I found opposite opinions on Internet about r4 or Acekard. Now I'm confused, and dunno which one to go for.
    Yes, I have that one, and ordered another for a mate, it is better build quality than the DSTT and super fast scrolling through games. Its the best selling unit on DX at the moment, which is a good sign. A quick read of review sites showed me it was the most recommended one. Dunno why there are so many R4 ones!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 264 ✭✭pajoemccracken

Here is an article comparing the different cards.
    Pajoe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Here is an article comparing the different cards.
    Pajoe

Nice article, thanks mate. After all I think I will go ahead with Acekard too.

Because R4 is the name everyone knows and goes to,
    Now its the name people know to avoid. I was impressed with the Acekards build quailty, I suppose we will have loads of acekard fakes soon enough!

I suppose we will have loads of acekard fakes soon enough!

I doubt it, R4 got sued by Nintendo and released the name R4 and the plans before it happened so have no copyright on either. Where as Acekard afaik still have copyright on the name. Not that that never stoped anyone before mind you...

Where as Acekard afaik still have copyright on the name. Not that that never stoped anyone before mind you...
    I think there might be fakes since on their site they have ways to tell you if it is genuine. http://www.acekard.com/news.php

I just got 2 acekards today from DX, sent registered post (at no extra cost to me). These were ordered 26/08 and confirmed shipped on 29/08, so just 8 days from ordering, not bad at all.

A separate order was shipped 22/08 and arrived 29/08, not registered.

Seems you have to get the V1.4 software from another site, it is meant to have copyrighted code in it so it now on the acekard website, it seems to be a .nds file that you simply run like it was a game, but you must run it before upgrading to V1.4. I would wait for an official release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I just got 2 acekards today from DX, sent registered post (at no extra cost to me). These were ordered 26/08 and confirmed shipped on 29/08, so just 8 days from ordering, not bad at all.

A separate order was shipped 22/08 and arrived 29/08, not registered.

You're luckier than I am - I ordered on the 20/9 and the status hasn't changed since. Opened a ticket, which pretty much said "Oh, do you actually want it?". I said yes. Still no movement. A week later nothing's happened and I can't open another ticket on the same order. *sigh*

But I'm sure it will be great when it arrives, yes?

Thoie wrote: »
    You're luckier than I am - I ordered on the 20/9 and the status hasn't changed since......

But I'm sure it will be great when it arrives, yes?
    Should be fine, I am not using them but the people who have them are well pleased. It is a national Chinese holiday at the moment, pretty big one, and when they do holidays in China the entire nation pretty much close up shop. I deal with China and know 1 company we deal with is open tomorrow, dunno if it means the holidays are open. It is "moon holiday" or something.

I am waiting on stuff too, I went against the advice I give myself -that is to order stuff from DX separately, several of the same item is fine, but do not order 2 different things. If one is out of stock they wait until they are all in so they can post together. I also have my suspicions that they send from different warehouse/factories. So even if it is in stock, it could be in 2 locations and they must deliver to another factory and then post both together. This is just a theory of mine, but whenever I order 2+ items I have long waits.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

sosay06 wrote: »
    Theres a shop on the main street in dundalk sellin r4 and r4i cartridges over the counter.Its called "the ink wizard"

Seriously!? Any idea what price they are going for? What else are the selling there?

Seriously!? Any idea what price they are going for? What else are the selling there?
    The cards are prefectly legal, just like you can buy rizlas, hash pipes, blank dvds/cds, mp3 players etc. Sure they do have illegal uses, but they have legal uses too!

I am not sure about that shop but I heard others in ireland are charging about €20-25

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

The cards are prefectly legal, just like you can buy rizlas, hash pipes, blank dvds/cds, mp3 players etc. Sure they do have illegal uses, but they have legal uses too!

I am not sure about that shop but I heard others in ireland are charging about €20-25

Oh I know, I'm just surprised and pleased to hear this new shop in Dundalk. Bit OT maybe, sorry..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭shazba

15 euros for r4 card with 2gb memory card and software installed seems good value ! http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/games/1003856

Oh I know, I'm just surprised and pleased to hear this new shop in Dundalk. Bit OT maybe, sorry..
    Ah, I get you now, I also find it strange to see new shops opening which I thought would not do well in todays climate. But I expect cards like these would sell well to people looking save a few euro ;)
    shazba wrote: »
    15 euros for r4 card with 2gb memory card and software installed seems good value ! http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/games/1003856
    It does, I was going to say they should offer a bigger card, but I presume that is one of the R4's which cannot take SDHC, so is limited to 2GB max.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Was gonna order one of these tonight for my DS. Just to double check, which one is the best to go for ? I already have a 2GB memory card so dont need one bundled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

I just got 2 acekards today from DX, sent registered post (at no extra cost to me).

I recieved an item(Cost $12.75) from DX on friday 9th of Oct which was posted on 26th of Sept. The mad thing was it was delivered as registered post even though I selected free shipping and paid nothing for delivery. Beats me how they can make money on a transaction like this. I'm not complaining though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 kale

I recieved an item(Cost $12.75) from DX on friday 9th of Oct which was posted on 26th of Sept. The mad thing was it was delivered as registered post even though I selected free shipping and paid nothing for delivery. Beats me how they can make money on a transaction like this. I'm not complaining though.
    compared with you I was luck.last Nov I sent 5pcs r4i card to my Ireland customer.It arrived Ireland at 7,Jan.sent by registered post.

Advertisement