Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Level of inspection for SEI grants

• 30-08-2009 1:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,268 ✭✭✭✭

With regards to the grants for upgrading the heating controls and insulation etc does anyone know if all jobs are inspected or is it just randomly?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

It would be randomly muffler unless you have got a BER assessment done, then the assessor will (should) check it at the end of the job. I put in a wood pellet boiler on the greener homes scheme a few years ago and wasn't inspected by anyone but myself!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭BERmad

I have heard of a few people getting checked. One fella told me that he has a list as long as your arm for things he has to change e.g he had only one thermostat and its a two story house, he had TRVs on the rads and was told he had to take them off. He didnt mention the rest of the stuff. The plumbers fault hes told him he make every thing right.

Does anyone know if the plumber will get in trouble?
    Or will all his work be checked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,268 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The reason I ask is that I got insulation and heating upgrades done and a few weeks later the work was inspected by some guy from Belfast :eek: (as if there wasn't enough qualified people here to do it)

The guy picked up on a lot of stuff that needs to be changed/upgraded further/unfinished work etc etc. I was asking him if he checked every house that had the works done and he was being serious when he said he didnt know. He gets a list from the SEI and he doesnt know if that is a full list or just random houses here and there.

He told me there was a similar scheme in operation in N.I. and what they did there was to random check for the insulation but check all houses in relation to the heating/boiler upgrades.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

So who do we apply to to inspect the scheme in the north!!, sure the milage would pay for a days shopping for the boss!!! Isn't it nice to see that SEI are employing people from belfast to do it, its not like there are any assessors who having paid a lot of money for training and registration & insurance etc etc wouldn't be able to inspect it for them. Who is inspecting the scheme in cork thats what I want to know!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭SilverBER

This was a point I made to John Gormley and Eamonn Ryan in an email about the SEI scheme. They have spent a lot of time and taken a lot of money from naive assessors to create the actual infrastructure for these inspections. All they had to do was state that a before and after BER was compulsory for all grant work and that would solve the inspection problem and would also mean that EVERY installation was fully inspected when complete. Idiots!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,268 ✭✭✭✭muffler

SilverBER wrote: »
    They have spent a lot of time and taken a lot of money from naive assessors................Idiots!
    You dont speak too highly of these noob assessors :D

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭r-i-tect

SilverBER wrote: »
    All they had to do was state that a before and after BER was compulsory for all grant work and that would solve the inspection problem and would also mean that EVERY installation was fully inspected when complete. Idiots!

Why is it the simple things just don't happen :rolleyes:

Advertisement