Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free-time

Options
  • 30-08-2009 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I'm starting vet med this week and was wondering something about my timetable. I have a load of gaps everywhere, im off on fridays and most of tuesdays. Ive registered all my modules and electives but will they give me other things to go to in these slots or is it just for me to study where ever i want.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

There are other threads on this in the forum about this,use the search function. If you don't have anything on you're timetable, you're free for that time

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Ado86

Hi,

Im going into 4th Vet med. You will most likely have Fridays off for semester one, most years thats the way it works for first years. And then to be honest if you have free gaps it probably means you're free. Unless they havent got labs timetabled for you yet, but if you have your anatomy lab scheduled etc, then I'd say you're free for those gaps.
    There generally is quite a bit of free time in the 1st semester of first year, enjoy it while you can because it doesn't last that long ! Sorry to be blunt but timetable gets progressively busier every year !! Im looking forward to five 8am starts a week this semester! Yes, such a thing as 8am lectures!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Ado86 wrote: »
    Im looking forward to five 8am starts a week this semester! Yes, such a thing as 8am lectures!

I was sure they were only an urban myth.:eek::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17 acm

lol sounds good thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

acm wrote: »
    I'm starting vet med this week and was wondering something about my timetable. I have a load of gaps everywhere, im off on fridays and most of tuesdays. Ive registered all my modules and electives but will they give me other things to go to in these slots or is it just for me to study where ever i want.

thanks

Just a quick thing to note, if you're using the weekly timetable on the SISweb it doesn't show if the lectures/labs are doubles of triples so it may look like you have a gap when you don't

• Advertisement

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    I was sure they were only an urban myth.:eek::pac:

Oh I wish they were an urban myth....but unfort 5 a week will be very real soon enough, only had 3 a week last year and thought that was bad! :(

Oh I wish they were an urban myth....but unfort 5 a week will be very real soon enough, only had 3 a week last year and thought that was bad! :(

You're one poor unfortunate divel! What course is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Bannana

Poor guy! I always find if you have only one early start (two max) you can focus your energy on making it in for those but anymore and you don't make it in for any....my experience anyway:D

4th year veterinary ! Yeah its inhuman alright, but apparently its to get us used to unsociable hours for when we're qualified and out there in the world of sleepless nights, being on call and then still having to work your normal day...without sleep...
    So we've been told.....as well as the fact the day isnt long enough to schedule all our practicals and lectures....

4th year veterinary ! Yeah its inhuman alright, but apparently its to get us used to unsociable hours for when we're qualified and out there in the world of sleepless nights, being on call and then still having to work your normal day...without sleep...
    So we've been told.....as well as the fact the day isnt long enough to schedule all our practicals and lectures....

Good luck with that so!:pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement