Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sexiest voice in music?

Options
  • 30-08-2009 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭

Was just thinking bout this (prompted by the sexiest voice on radio thread)...

I would have to go for Kim Deal from the Pixies. When she sings the intro to Gigantic I nearly jizz in my pants!

What dya think? It can be a guy or women obviously! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

yer wan from Mazzy Star?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

goldfrapp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

Lisa Hannigan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Liz Fraser of the Cocteau Twins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Barry White of course. Ask your Ma! (or Joe Dolan)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

OP are you talking about todays music or over the decades ? I could think of 25 female singers who could fit into title of sexiest voice in music .Mama Cass Elliot , Barbra Streisand , Karen Carpenter spring to mind while in more recent years Whitney Hueston Mariah Carey Christina Agularia and Beyonce's could fit the bill .As for Males , John Miles is a very underated singer but has a voice that could easy be called 'Sexy '

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You just listed a bunch of bellowers! :p

Julie London would melt your heart or give you a hard on. Depending.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭population

David Coverdale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭loveissucide

Male:Matt Beringer of The National
    Female:Liz Fraser of Cocteau Twins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Latchy wrote: »
    OP are you talking about todays music or over the decades ? I could think of 25 female singers who could fit into title of sexiest voice in music .Mama Cass Elliot , Barbra Streisand , Karen Carpenter spring to mind while in more recent years Whitney Hueston Mariah Carey Christina Agularia and Beyonce's could fit the bill .As for Males , John Miles is a very underated singer but has a voice that could easy be called 'Sexy '

I was thinking contemporary singers but whatever floats your boat!:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Stevie Nicks.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Beth Gibbons from Portishead (in particular during All Mine on the Roseland live album) and Allison Goldfrapp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

madonna- especially in justify my love or any other husky sounding song of hers!
    britney- its britney beeatch! lol and maybe toxic
    shakira- most of her earlier stuff
    amy lee - all her stuff

I was thinking contemporary singers but whatever floats your boat!:cool:
    Wel Mike's Sexy Julie London fits
    into comtempory to so I'm in good company :p

Actually you can add Carly Simon , Yvonne Elliman and the two ABBA girls to the list ,all sexy on the eyes as much as the ears :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

Imelda May has an incredibly sexy voice, and Kelly Jones from the Stereophonics.
    He is yum!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,247 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Róisín Murphy. ;)

And Shirley Bassey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Rod Stewart

Caleb from Kings of Leon

Jon Bon Jovi

Kim Carnes

Sinead O Connor

Akon

And Shirley Bassey.
    + 1.... love her version of send in the clowns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

population wrote: »
    David Coverdale

Spot On!!! Absolutely true!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

Sade. Without doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Latchy wrote: »

Good lord!!!! Really? Jayney mac, they're just bawlers. I mean........ Barbara Streisand? As many have said, Liz Fraiser and Laurie Anderson in Diva from Jean-Michel Jarre. Listen with headphones to this:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I've always found Janet Jackson's voice very sexy, which is a bit weird, cause she sounds quite similar to her brother.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

mazzy star girl/avril

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Zooey Deschanel (She and Him), Jenny Lewis (Rilo Kiley), Emily Haines (Metric) and Feist.

They're all 'lovely girls' too, but Jenny is my favourite,

From the old-schoolers, nice to see Julie London on the first page. A lot of the female singers from that era had such superb voices, but hers really stands out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

leonard cohen without question and im a straight bloke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Male: Leonard Cohen, Jeff Buckley, Duke Special (his accent really does it for me)

Female: Laura Izibor, Amy Winehouse (don't like her but love her music!)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Mark Lanegan *swoooooon*

(Also, doesn't the intro sound a bit "Rabbit Fur Coat, Private Eye?')

Good lord!!!! Really? Jayney mac, they're just bawlers. I mean........ Barbara Streisand? As many have said, Liz Fraiser and Laurie Anderson in Diva from Jean-Michel Jarre.
    Thing is our choices are subjective in that your choice is as valued as mine or anybodys in the thread .I wouldn't say Karen Carpeter or Carly Siomon are bawlers and I like Juilie London to but you listen to Streisend singing Evergreen and like Julie it's easy on the ears .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

mazzy star girl/avril
    Her name is Hope Sandoval, even sexier.

Advertisement