Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Festival of World Cultures 2010 - why is it being moved?

Options
  • 30-08-2009 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭

I keep seeing signs up at events this weekend saying that next year's festival will be at the end of July instead of the end of august... Does anyone know why this is happening? I personally think it's a terrible idea, almost everyone will be away during it!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

almost everyone will be away during it!

I don't know why, perhaps its to do with the development of the harbour. But regardless do you not think this comment is a bit hysterical? Almost everyone will not be away and if you want to go you have plenty of warning to arrange your holidays around it.
    BTW had a great time there this a/n. Loved the carousel and the French cod reggae outfit were class as was the bratwurst

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

so it doesn't interfere with back to school / roadworks planned for next august / weather / clashes with another festival / public request & response...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

It's definitely a good idea having it a month earlier.

Imagine how good the weather might be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Ron DMC wrote: »
    Imagine how good the weather might be.

lol. An Irishism.

Advertisement