Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carpet Cleaning in Galway

Options
  • 30-08-2009 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a carpet cleaning serving in galway and also how much do they usually charge?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I've used these guys a long time ago, was about 50 or so for the front room/hallway if I recall correctly (don't quote me on that ;))
    http://www.cleaningdoctor.ie/galway.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

thanks. ill give them a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭BJohnson

Don't know if you've already solved this problem, but I was in B&Q today in Knocknacarra and saw they have steam cleaners that you can rent to clean your own carpets. The price was €30 for one day, or €39 for two days. You also have to buy the soap, and they have different sized bottles for different house sizes. I think the soap prices ranged from €8 to €16.

You also need to have proof of ID, and a bill from the last 6 months showing your address.

Hope that helps.

Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Hi I have used the cleaning doctor before as well but did not find them good. said they used some special stuff that the carpet would dry in 2 hours (or something like that) but it took near enough a day for it to be dry. it cost €50 for the stairs and small landing last year. didnt make much difference at all. would not recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I've never had great results with any of these carpet cleaning places tbh. I gave up and just replaced any dirty carpets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

+1 for "never had great results".

Add the fact that it's just a messy job, and you have to go get the gear, and afterwards clean it and take it back ... it usually seems easier to get a pro to do it.

No idea who's a pro here, though, sorry.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement