Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cameras at Electric Picnic

• 30-08-2009 4:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭

Ever year I think I'm going to bring my DSLR and then wuss out, and every year I see people with theirs all round the place so I think I'll do it this year. Has anyone brought theirs before and any troubles with security etc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

I brought a canon eos 1 with power booster last year, got stopped going in by security for a drugs search in a special room, the guy didnt say anything about the camera. got in eventually and missed my friends gig, the main reason why I brought the slr.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

I emailed the press office saying: "I'm attending Electric Picnic using a normal camping ticket, and I'm just wondering if there are there any restrictions on photography at the event?"

Their reply in full was "You may not use long lense cameras within the arena".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,158 ✭✭✭dinneenp

There'll be no problem.
    If a security guard stops you with it (which they won't; they're just checking for tinnies and drugs), just go in another entrance or wait 5 minutes. They're busy checking the floods of people coming in/out so won't be concerned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Nisio

or put a can of bulmers into your camera bag for them to discover instead of your camera...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Their reply in full was "You may not use long lense cameras within the arena".
    What's their definition of a long lens though?

I can't for the life of me think of whether it was at EP last year in which I got told to stop taking pics at the front of New Young Pony Club. All I had was a Canon SX100, if it was at this last year then I wouldn't fancy getting too close to the front of the crowd with my DSLR.
    I brought one to Oxegen in 2007 and had no real trouble so I reckon it's more worth it to try at EP. Worse case scenario I'll store it in a locker if I get told off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

How much do they charge for tickets to these festivals and yet they officially put restrictions in place on what kind of photography you can practice.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

How much do they charge for tickets to these festivals and yet they officially put restrictions in place on what kind of photography you can practice.

its more an issue bands have not the promotors, some bands especially older ones request no photography, due to whatver reasons, usually aging skin. and as a result the promotors needs to blanket bans photography unless they can control who you photo, ie. acced.

mcd on the ep bandwagon now so i expect things to tighten up greatly

mcd on the ep bandwagon now so i expect things to tighten up greatly

Crap, I totally forgot about that. I'll bring both camera's so and at least if I wuss out I can use the regular camera. Maybe use the SLR for around non-arena activites and goings on, possibly bring it in for certain bands.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

You just quoted melekalikimaka as me.

Don't know how that happened, I just pressed the quote button.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

i think the 'long lense' quote was 1 inch as mentioned in the U2 thread.

I think its the judgement of the security going in and then once youre in be a bit diligent. i.e. dont stand next to a bouncer and pull out your 70-200 2.8.

hide it in your bag and seperate the lens from the body. you can say the lens is only small, will they know its not attached?
    Theyre looking for naggins not nikons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭duffarama

I haven't had a problem but then I tend to leave the DSLR and the longer lenses at home and bring a Contax G2 rangefinder. Security take very little notice at gigs indoor if you turn off the screen on the back too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭jjoconnor

Anyone here taking photos at EP this year?

Advertisement