Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plastic butter dishes

Options
  • 30-08-2009 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

This might sound like a strange request, but I have been looking for a plastic butter dish for the last few weeks,but all I can find is ceramic ones.Have tried a good few shops in the city with no success.
    Does anyone know were I would find one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Michael Guineys has them I think..... I know this because no more than 1 week ago I had a pal looking for butter dishes also and they bought theirs in Guineys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

There is a discount shop on North Main Street that is normally good for things like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Spudzz

D-Generate wrote: »
    Michael Guineys has them I think..... I know this because no more than 1 week ago I had a pal looking for butter dishes also and they bought theirs in Guineys.
    Thanks will give them a try

Miaireland wrote: »
    There is a discount shop on North Main Street that is normally good for things like that.
    Was in there,no luck,thanks all the same:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

I'm a bit off topic but do you keep the butter dish in the fridge or do you leave it in the press?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

if you can make it out to Mahon, try HomeStore & More, they seem to have a dish/container for almost every object known to man!

Or try Brennan's on the Bus station end of Oliver Plunket street, they are pricey but they may have what you are looking for.

murphym7 wrote: »
    I'm a bit off topic but do you keep the butter dish in the fridge or do you leave it in the press?
    In the press

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Gunth

I have been looking for one of these for a long time myself. Looking for a small one as I don't want one that can hold 454g of butter. Even tried shops in the States but to no avail. Hopefully one will appear in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Or try the Tupperware Catalogue - check out the following website -
    www.tupperware.ie (I think the distributors are based in Dublin - so they could probably advise you of local agent). J

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Yep page 42 of catalogue shows a butter dish - which you can view throught the link I just sent. J

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭up them Schteps

This has to be one of the most random threads on boards!

Thanks for that Judes. It probably is too big compared to the one I had in mind. Ideally one that would be suitable for 100g would be fantastic. It also has to look okay and not be something tacky. I apologise for being pedantic. This is a quite a quirky thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Fairdues

Michael Guineys has almost everything!

Would just like to thank you all for the feedback.

Just an update on this quest.

Sent an E Mail to Tupperware Ire last night and got some info on were to purchase one.
    E Mail received:

Hi,

You can order direct for our office here - we accept payment by credit card & cheque. Butter dish is 5.60 plus €2 postage.

Alternatively we have a kiosk in Blackpool shopping centre (opposite Meteor Store) until Sunday 6th where they will have butter dishes for you to purhase direct.

So will head out there tomorrow to have a look:D

Just to let you know that I checked out Michael Guiney's yesterday and they don't have any. Meadows and Byrne have the large ones. They are a clear gass lid on a ceramic base.
    Spudzz could you do me a massive favour please? If you are checking out that stand in Blackpool could you find out if they have any small size ones. Don't worry if you don't read this in time.

Hi Gunth,
    Was in Blackpool this morning and picked one up,just the small size I wanted.
    "Just the size to take a pound of butter"
    They are in Douglas Court next week if that is any good for you.

Quest has ended :(

Advertisement