Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What to wear...

• 30-08-2009 5:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭

I'm graduating from my undergrad Degree soon and just wondering if anybody has any idea of what I should wear!

Pictures, links would be great...

I'm thinking I don't want a dress to the floor as it would be a bit too formal for during the day...

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I wore a black suit along with most people when I graduated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

I wore a black suit with white stillitoes (sp?), it looked great in the pics with the black gowan. I had seen a girl the previous year wearing it and thought it looked great :) Haven't worn the shoes since though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

They're fairly dressy now, most of the girls wear cocktail type dresses, haven't seen suits on any women in a few years. The gown will keep you fairly covered anyway so not much will be on show. I'd go for black or white though even if you can wear any colour. It looks so much better in the photos!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

Sorry my advice is old fashioned :(
    We had a formal do that night so got to dress up for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

For my undergrad, I wore a knee length summer dress with a cardigan with the gown over. Just took off the cardigan at the celebrations afterwards.

For my postgrad, I wore a black shift dress - very classic style. Smart black courts.

Keep it simple for the ceremony. You can always change afterwards and some colleges have rules in place about attire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I plan to wear a black trouser suit for mine, though that may change depending on what I can find closer to the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

Looking at past graduation photos from the college most girls seem to have worn dresses. I would like to wear a suit though, just not sure how popular it is... Don't want to stand out. Just want to grab the thing and run :D

Thanks for the advice, I am now thinking a black and white dress, fitted, just above the knee.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jclare56

heya,

I wore a charcoal grey suit (skirt not trousers) with a light grey pinstrip and white shirt for mine - it had to be black grey or white for my college so it was quite limiting... most people wore all black but there were a lot of dresses too :) Id go with whatever feels comfortable as there is lots of standing around and photos

have a great day!
    j

Advertisement