Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

4,000 at illegal rave, officer hurt

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

mental alright. any1 at the one in castleknock, think it might have been phoenix park the gards disperssed that one around 3am supposedly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Sounds amazing, you cant beat these type of Raves full on no holds barred:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭welcomeinjam

jonny68 wrote: »
    Sounds amazing, you cant beat these type of Raves full on no holds barred:)

I've never experienced one..........maybe someday (sigh)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

yeah you'll love it mate far better than clubs.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭AntoSRFC

Ye something like that would be lethal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Blue Ashes

Woah that must have been mad.. 4,000:eek:? Unbelievable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭ArraMusha

You haven't lived to you've been to the read deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Had the chance to go to something similar on the northern skirts of the city, but the commute was gonna be a bitch. Next time deffo though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

I'd love to go to one like this, but I don't know how people hear about them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

copeyhagen wrote: »
    mental alright. any1 at the one in castleknock, think it might have been phoenix park the gards disperssed that one around 3am supposedly
    The Phoenix Park? Bleedin retards.
    Garda HQ is in the Phoenix Park!

What next? A Love Ulster March down O'Connell Street?.......oh wait........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭crushproof

there was a great one in certain southside spot last weekend. Heard it was fantastic, kept on going till 10am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

there was one near templeogue a while back, could hear the bass pumping at 9am in work, was jealous :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

crushproof wrote: »
    there was a great one in certain southside spot last weekend. Heard it was fantastic, kept on going till 10am

Was at it myself. My friend set it up. Great craic and the music was top notch too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Yeah was there myself was good craic alright and a savage little spot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I was at a crowded rave in a Glasgow warehouse, savage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Everyone appears to be missing a small, but very important detail from the linked article:

The police spokesman's name is Coxhead!! Jesus, someone must have had a hard time in school...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

FruitLover wrote: »
    Everyone appears to be missing a small, but very important detail from the linked article:

The police spokesman's name is Coxhead!! Jesus, someone must have had a hard time in school...

There was a gu in my year called Patrick Ennis. Abreviated to P. ennis. say no more :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Managed to get to 2 raves in Ireland back a few years ago. One was after a great techno night in Switch in Temple Bar. Outside there were rumours of a rave being organised somewhere. There was even buses organised to bring the clubbers to it.
    Me and my mate decided to go, buses were full so we found out that it was on the keys up near the point but on the opposite side. We wlaked up and eventually could hear the music, then we came across an abandoned warehouse with rubble everywhere and holes in the roof. The whole place was lit up and there was savage techno pumping out of the place. It looked amazing, then inside the DJ was up on scaffolding and there was army camoflage neting everywhere.
    The Gardai eventually turned up but they weren't prepared for it. There was only 7 of them and there was well over a 1000 people at the rave. A Garda ended up climbing up the scaffolding and getting a mic off the DJ. The said that they were gonna let party go on until 9am and then they'd come back and everyone would have to disperse. Fair play to them they came back at about 9.30am and everyone left peacefully. It was surreal, great night.
    Only other party I was at was in Donabate beach in the sand dunes. Loads of people at that too, well over a 1000 again I'd say. That went on till about 12 on the sunday. All the golfers playing the course beside us were none too happy but the Gardai didn't turn up for ages.

Advertisement