Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

idiotic parking in Tescos Ardkeen

• 30-08-2009 7:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭

Ok I know it's probably a small issue in the grand scheme of things to get annoyed about, but does the completely haphazard parking in Tescos Ardkeen really get on any one else's nerves? WTF is going on in people's minds when they abandon their cars in stupid places in what is such a large carpark?

People park up in the "taxi pick up" space, often parking up there even when there's no actual room left, meaning the rear of their car is sticking out across 1 entire lane (WTF like!), and then other gimps park up on the white hatched spots at the "end" of the rows of parking spaces, ie close to the supermarket, even when there's plenty of other empty spaces directly nearby, and an absolute abundance of spaces if you are prepared to walk circa 50 yards to the door. When there's cars parked on those white hatches, only 1 lane of traffic can get by at a time, meaning holdups as people try to maneouver past these idiots.

Others will just stop dead just outside the main tesco doors, or double park up behind the cars that are actually parked correctly in front of Next etc, and stick the hazards on :confused:

Not only is it annoying being held up by inconsiderate idiotic people abandoning their cars everywhere, but it's bloody dangerous with people and children especially (given they're usually not tall enough for you to see over the roof/through the windows of a parked car) having to walk out from behind these cars right into the "road" part when they exit the store and are waiting for a gap in the stream of cars to cross over the main through-road, I would have thought that would have been a safety issue tesco/next/homebase would be concerned about.

I know it's not like anyone is bombing around at 50 mph in the carpark, but even motoring slowly at 5 mph and a child suddenly steps out from behind a car parked up in a non-designated space could result in a nasty accident.

Surely between the 3 stores they could afford some sort of a parking lot attendant who sorts the traffic and parking out (many of the other supermarkets have them even though parking is free so they're not hired to monitor tickets etc)?

In an ideal world, people would have enough cop-on to be able to resist the urge to abandon their car, and not think themselves far more important than the other plebs who take a second extra out of their valuable time to park their car in the hundreds of spots designated for such, but given there are so many clowns who think they are above such trivialities, a parking attendant wouldn't go astray (and would create extra jobs too ;)).

I know it's a trivial enough issue but it really makes me see red when moronic able-bodied gits would try to park in the bloody foyer if they could just to avoid having to walk their fat arses more than 5 yards from their car to the doors. It's a massive carpark FFS (even if it's busier than usual lately after the re-opening), can people not just park in the designated spots? :mad:

*mutter mutter ranty rant mcrant* Oh and if any of you indulge in these parking practices, in the future you may expect to be approached by a wild-eyed lunatic woman who will roar incoherently at you for being such a gimp :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭well butty

Well said!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

A pic says a thousand words and would have saved you typing. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

Lazines my friend, pure and utter laziness. It's the same with people driving to work or college. They want to drive right to the desk or office. It's all down to laziness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Welcome to Ireland!

or

Its mainly wimmins who use supermarket carparks

/runs

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

To be honest its always lazy ***** that do this, its anoying but these people are clueless feckers and most likely could do with some excercise.

Yes they are annoying :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Echosound, I completely agree with all you've written. The lazy f**kers who park on the hatching really grate with me.

One other thing that p*sses me off in that car park is the disregard for the family spaces. Cars with young kids in them need the extra width so that they can comfortably put a child in their seat, or remove the seat. I couldn't get one of these spaces one time, but noticed that a taxi was parked in one of them. Later, I saw the fat taxi driver and his fat wife return to their car with their shopping and drive off. Another one a couple of weeks ago where a woman actually took the time to reverse into the family space outside Homebase (where there are always plenty of normal spaces) and get out of the car to do her shopping. No kid with her either...

I swear the next time this happens, I'm going to tell the person that they've left their child behind. 'Oh, I don't have a child'. 'No, you f**king don't, do you!!'

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭j walsh

Well said Echosound and gscully I'm in 100% agreement, It drives me f**KING mental.
    Did you ever see people getting back into their cars after being in B&Q then driving down to Harvey norman and going in there, WTF pure laziness.
    And yes i am a weirdo who notices these things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I get it from both sides, when I'm in work customers come in to ask us to remove ordinary parkers from disabled/family etc spaces. You'd want to have a deathwish.

On one of the few occasions I did approach customer when I was a customer too, I asked what ailment she had that meant she had to park closer to the door than a wheelchair user.

She threw me a dirty look and complained to customer services!

I say post pictures of the most stupid parkers here an see if they have any shame. I could probably supply 4 pictures per day.

gscully wrote: »
    Echosound, I completely agree with all you've written. The lazy f**kers who park on the hatching really grate with me.

:mad:

When new advertising boards were put in recently, a pillar board was put on the tow hatched areas as they are in every other car park in the country. Within 3 hours they had been hit by cars and moved out of the way so lazy people could park in Ardkeen!

A word of wisdom, you have a much higher chance of having your car scratched the closer to the door you park!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

mike65 wrote: »
    Welcome to Ireland!

or

/runs

But it's mainly the men that park right outside the entrance or on the lines at the end of the rows :rolleyes:

wmpdd3 you'd easily get more than 4 pictures a day.

• Advertisement

I only pass through the car park 4 times a day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Ah shure Jaysis. There's only one thin' worse than the lazy ****ers tryin' to park in Tescos and that's trying to deal with the thick wans' working in the place. Whole place is a nightmare. Y'know like?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭whitey21

A childless woman pulled into the parent and child spot near me in her landrover jeep or somethin like that, and i couldnt help but point this very obvious fact out to her.
    Me: those spots are people with a young family?
    Her: the regular spots arent big enough for MY car so i NEED to use these spots
    Me:confused::eek::o:(:rolleyes:
    It was unreal! she was well genuine!

Wait until there is an accident there, and they'll get someone to clamp the cars that are abandoned all over the shop and they should fine 'em loads to remove them too:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

im not sure if this pic uploaded dcorrectly but if it did, check out the parking !!

lol...ok it didnt....how do i insert an image here ??

either attach it using the posting system, or upload it to a site like http://www.imageshack.us and paste the text it provides you into a post.

AdMMM wrote: »
    Ah shure Jaysis. There's only one thin' worse than the lazy ****ers tryin' to park in Tescos and that's trying to deal with the thick wans' working in the place. Whole place is a nightmare. Y'know like?

Are you for real?

How exactly are you judging my intelligence?

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

thats a fair rant but i totally agree

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

AdMMM wrote: »

In fairness AdMMM, knowing that wmpdd3 works for Tesco's your only posting this to get a reaction.

Have you nothing better to do?

Oh dear, that clearly didn't work as it was intended. If I was posting to get any reaction, it was from CantGetNoSleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

I was a member in Kingfisher last year, used to see people parking in the wheelchair spaces then walk into the gym, they really don't need to be using these spaces if they can use a gym now do they? The treadmills overlooked the carpark, in an hour you could see some pretty amazing parking and fighting for spaces. trying to park that close to the door of a gym just makes no sense at all. what the hell are they going to the gym for??

• Advertisement

I was a member in Kingfisher last year, used to see people parking in the wheelchair spaces then walk into the gym, they really don't need to be using these spaces if they can use a gym now do they? The treadmills overlooked the carpark, in an hour you could see some pretty amazing parking and fighting for spaces. trying to park that close to the door of a gym just makes no sense at all. what the hell are they going to the gym for??

Yeah always found that hilarious, they'd park up on the path next to the door yet they'd be a shed load of spaces near the pool windows still empty

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

You should print off a couple of forms from this website and leave them on the windscreen of the offenders car:D http://youparklikeanasshole.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭racram

My friend and I complained to a manager in Tesco's a while ago about some bad F*****s parking and we were told that the stores don't have ownership of the car park and therefore they have no responsibility. :confused:

racram wrote: »
    My friend and I complained to a manager in Tesco's a while ago about some bad F*****s parking and we were told that the stores don't have ownership of the car park and therefore they have no responsibility. :confused:

Thats interesting, so do they pay rent on all the tesco sign-age they have up in the carpark they don't own then? :D

...seems unlikely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

mike65 wrote: »

/runs

run my friend and keep running

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Paid a visit to the newly reopened Tesco Poleberry
    tescocar.jpg
    A car parked right outside the door. A small car which manages to block half the road and park in the trolley bay :D

Kahless wrote: »
    Paid a visit to the newly reopened Tesco Poleberry
    tescocar.jpg
    A car parked right outside the door. A small car which manages to block half the road and park in the trolley bay :D

This makes for an interesting thread/site, posting photos of idiots parking in Tesco's in waterford :pac:

Frisby own and maintain the car park as far as I know. I'd go as far as announcing the reg of the offending car in the supermarket and asking them to move their car, but really you'd want to have a death wish to approach these guys with out back up.

It's just not worth it.

If someone did complain, I'd help them with their shopping rather than confront the offender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Frisby own and maintain the car park as far as I know. I'd go as far as announcing the reg of the offending car in the supermarket and asking them to move their car, but really you'd want to have a death wish to approach these guys with out back up.

It's just not worth it.

If someone did complain, I'd help them with their shopping rather than confront the offender.

very true and D.I.D building and grounds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

racram wrote: »

Same here and when I've had someone's reg announced for blocking me in it was ignored.

I just leave this

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm225/Deisemum/MickeyMouse-1.jpg

Advertisement