Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

idiotic parking in Tescos Ardkeen

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Ive seen a few carparks in Dublin where they simply stick this huge sticker on the window informing people who park illegally not to park there, it stands out like a sore thumb on the car and is a complete b*st*rd to get off, takes ages to do so..

In the end the embarrassement of them being caught and the hassle of getting sticker off is enough to teach em a lesson..

Might be worth doing..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    stick this huge sticker on the window informing people who park illegally not to park there, it stands out like a sore thumb on the car and is a complete b*st*rd to get off, takes ages to do so..

Could this be considered vandalism though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

On the subject of parking , any one see the job done on the front bit of glass by the entrance.It looks like some idiot crashed into a pole and smashed it into the window.No doubt speeding out of a handicap spot, on their mobile and reading Mein Kampf.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

Meatwad wrote: »
    On the subject of parking , any one see the job done on the front bit of glass by the entrance.It looks like some idiot crashed into a pole and smashed it into the window.No doubt speeding out of a handicap spot, on their mobile and reading Mein Kampf.

ya I saw that yesterday when I was in Tesco. I just thought to myself at the time... how could you be that stupid. The person definatly had to be going a decent speed to bend the pole that much:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Ive seen a few carparks in Dublin where they simply stick this huge sticker on the window informing people who park illegally not to park there, it stands out like a sore thumb on the car and is a complete b*st*rd to get off, takes ages to do so..

In the end the embarrassement of them being caught and the hassle of getting sticker off is enough to teach em a lesson..

Might be worth doing..

The WRH use a sticker its not terribly large though, never got done so dunno how hard they are to remove.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Just found out today the hatched area between the disabled parking and the door is for emergency vehicles.

Had a close one last week when there was a 4x4 parked to my left when I was turning right just at the pedestrian crossing at the entrance to Tesco. I looked both ways twice and went to go when a child had to cross in front of my car because the 4x4 was blocking the end of the crossing.

I think clamping is the worst thing invented but now I can see why car parks use it.
    I love the stickers they use in WRH, great idea.

That window in the porch has been broken at least twice in the past year. Could be waiting a while to get the money back to pay O Drisscols for the glass!

mike65 wrote: »
    The WRH use a sticker its not terribly large though, never got done so dunno how hard they are to remove.

IMO, it's vandalism. The stickers they use are so sticky! I don't know what they use - but it's near impossible to remove without lots of elbow grease, detergent and repeat washes.

Rather like trying to remove graffiti, which is, of course, vandalism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Of course, the cars shouldn't be there in the first place, whereas the same can't be said for the walls. If people want to park like idiots and inconvenience others, what's wrong with inconveniencing them back?

Kahless wrote: »
    Of course, the cars shouldn't be there in the first place, whereas the same can't be said for the walls.

Interesting point. Even so, I fail to see how intentionally causing damage to someone's property can be considered lawful - yes, even if that person is parked where he shouldn't be.

If you steal my wallet it doesn't entitle me to steal yours, or make my doing so legal.

If people want to park like idiots and inconvenience others, what's wrong with inconveniencing them back?

Ah, now I agree with you. Inconvenience, yes (clamping / fining). Causing damage (to windows), no.

• Advertisement

It comes off. It's not damaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

The effort required to remove the sticker is your punishment for parking somewhere where you are not allowed to park

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

daftdave wrote: »
    im not sure if this pic uploaded dcorrectly but if it did, check out the parking !!

lol...ok it didnt....how do i insert an image here ??
    I made a walkthough while back: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055559510
    Paid a visit to the newly reopened Tesco Poleberry

A car parked right outside the door. A small car which manages to block half the road and park in the trolley bay :D
    I hope many trollies hit of the car... :D
    benifa wrote: »
    Could this be considered vandalism though?
    It is, and the people who put the sticker can be fined. Also, most of the sticky stuff that they use doesn't come off: I've seen it happen to a few people.

If someone did it to my car, it'd result in them getting hurt.

It comes off. It's not damaged.

Most of it comes off, eventually. But it leaves a residue and, sometimes, can leave the glass damaged (scratched) as you have to scrub so hard to get it off.

I know because where I work some people (me included) park in the spaces belonging to the unit next door, if ours are all full and if they're closed and hence their spaces are all empty and unneeded for the whole day. But some git who works for them comes over 'specially, just to plaster these pointless stickers on our cars.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

benifa wrote: »
    Most of it comes off, eventually. But it leaves a residue and, sometimes, can leave the glass damaged (scratched) as you have to scrub so hard to get it off..

But that means the person removing the sticker caused the damage by not removing it properly ;)

Cabaal wrote: »
    But that means the person removing the sticker caused the damage by not removing it properly ;)

Yes it does, but who placed the sticker there which ultimately cause the damage?

Btw, if you know how to remove them without leaving any damage or residue - please let on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

used to work in a decal place for a few years, was going to say how to get them off cause its actually very easy, but decided not to, in case anyone who has one stuck on decides to have a scan through boards and reads how.If they're ignorant or stupid enough to park where you shouldn't and get a sticker then I think you deserve it.Imo they deserve much worse, only today nearly saw a kid get knocked down in Tescos cause of idiotic parking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

So did someone say Frisby is responsible for maintaining the car parks? And do the tennants have no say in anything related to them?

I despise anyone who parks in those hatched spaces at the end of the row. The amount of times I've seen a big jeep parked there with a fella inside, obviously waiting for his wife to come back out or something. I make no bones about saying what kind of a stupid di*khead they are, mouthed very clearly. But the fcukers are usually so in their own world the don't even notice.

I'm all for the use of those stickers (or a key down the side of the offending car). I got one in work once (when I had a garage car while mine was being fixed!) and they're tough enough to get off. But you only get them if you're in the wrong so I don't think anybody can have any compaints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Wish the car parking spaces were bigger, got a dent from a van door that was opened against my car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

The taxi/set down area in Tesco has always been ignored and just used as car parking spaces. Taxis would have never used them and always pull up beside the door. In Tramore, thats where the setdown/taxi area is - beside the door.

The whole parking in disabled/parent spaces when you have no entitlement is just ignorance. Everything else is just stupid driving, which we have a lot of :/

Of course, "they" can do whatever they want. :rolleyes:

To be fair, I did see them selling 4 donuts for €1. Probably had the blues and twos on to get there before they ran out ;)

Advertisement