Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transfer Window Countdown Tuesday..

• 30-08-2009 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭

So what time does the transfer window close at on Tuesday. Have to say I love watching Sky Sports in the hours leading up to the window closing.

Will we have a busy Tuesday? Are the Big 4 more or less finished their business? Which clubs will be busy on Tuesday? Mods any chance we can get a countdown clock set up on Boards :D.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Do SSN still have the guy with 4 or 5 mobiles on the desk in front of him gettig all the inside information from all his premiership footballer mates :)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

5pm it closes.

My prediction - nothing major happens.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Ronaldo signs for Hull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Stekelly wrote: »
    Do SSN still have the guy with 4 or 5 mobiles on the desk in front of him gettig all the inside information from all his premiership footballer mates :)?

That's Andy Burton :D He seems to have been moved into actually covering sports events, he did the post-match interviews after United-Arsenal yesterday.

SSN do have a guy doing what he did last year though, but its a different guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Stekelly wrote: »

I bet none of them work :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

I may or may not have booked Tuesday off from work for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

That's Andy Burton :D He seems to have been moved into actually covering sports events, he did the post-match interviews after United-Arsenal yesterday.

SSN do have a guy doing what he did last year though, but its a different guy.
    I thought it was Brian Swanson with his massive jaw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I saw Sky actually advertising this as a show to watch. Awful stuff.

Nothing major will happen exept a few panic buys from promoted clubs, maybe Harry will take a few more ex-Spurs back to WHL.

Preferred the midnight deadline that they used to have. Not sure Arsenal are going to do any business but I will have hope right up until the deadline.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I saw Sky actually advertising this as a show to watch. Awful stuff.

Nothing major will happen exept a few panic buys from promoted clubs, maybe Harry will take a few more ex-Spurs back to WHL.

Sources indicate that Glen Hoddle has been seen near WHL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Aidric wrote: »
    I thought it was Brian Swanson with his massive jaw.

Nah he's the "Chief Sports Reporter".

I thought someone around here had a signature with the fella who does the transfer stuff in it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I forsee the quietest summer deadline day in years.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Ronaldo signs for Hull.

if by Ronaldo you mean Benjani then you may be onto something

Feel a bit sorry for the reporters they send to the grounds, particularly if it is a late late transfer and goes beyond the deadline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Feel a bit sorry for the reporters they send to the grounds, particularly if it is a late late transfer and goes beyond the deadline.

I'll feel sorry for the one who ends up at utd

Someone on another site suggested texting in plausible yet completely wrong sightings early in the day so SKY have to check it out...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Heh, I like it. If a couple of people texted in the same thing then they'd go check it out.

Diaby on his way to man utd

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Lucas On His Way To Bohs :cool::P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,804 ✭✭✭✭kippy

One of my mates reckons this is the most exciting day in English football.
    Shows you how far the average quality of football has gone down/how much Sky have messed the whole thing up.

• Advertisement

With Modric out for several months, Spurs will be looking to bring in someone I bet, 'arry loves a deal after all. So who would be a decent name to send in? How about an ex ELP player who would like to return and is cheap and could play left side like Harry Kewell?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

mike65 wrote: »
    Someone on another site suggested texting in plausible yet completely wrong sightings early in the day so SKY have to check it out...

just link every big name player in their mid 30s to Notts County :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Bentley to villa,
    Harewood to anyone, please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

David Villa to Liverpool. Its going to be really exciting. Silva is still a doubt though. Ah good times....or very sad times really :(

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Lucas On His Way To Bohs :cool::P.
    Would be a sub par replacement for Deegan ;)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

It'll never be as good as last year's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Texting is so much hassle, this is much easier, if one were to partake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

mike65 wrote: »
    With Modric out for several months, Spurs will be looking to bring in someone I bet, 'arry loves a deal after all. So who would be a decent name to send in? How about an ex ELP player who would like to return and is cheap and could play left side like Harry Kewell?

Krankjar from Portsmouth maybe?

Given everyone seems to be desperate to leave Fratton Park combined with the fact that he is probably available relatively cheaply along with 'Arry's previous links, I think it's a go-er.

I'm quite surprised he's still there, has he been injured?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

I'm quite surprised he's still there, has he been injured?

Doest seem to be - has played every minute in the league so far.

Very odd he's still there when so many clubs have sniffed around him previously and he said something about wanting a move last season.

Very odd he's still there when so many clubs have sniffed around him previously and he said something about wanting a move last season.
    And the fact that Portsmouth are flogging eveything/one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

i think we'll see quite a few deals going through between now and the closure

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Is there really a deadline today for international transfers, and is the one for transfers between english clubs tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Is there really a deadline today for international transfers, and is the one for transfers between english clubs tomorrow?

I'm not sure what way its workin either,whats the 5pm tomorrow? Is that all deals or just foreign?

Benjani's move to Hull breaks down over personal terms. Dammit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Xavi6 wrote: »

How many is that now? They must offer poor wages, by PL standards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

wish we could bring in a player or two :(

silly americans destroying our club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Xavi6 wrote: »

Dammit is right Xavi,was looking forward to seeing the back of him!

Mr Alan wrote: »
    wish we could bring in a player or two :(

silly americans destroying our club

Ah now, you've wasted enough money this summer :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

I've Offically Signed Lads :D

Arsenal.com is pleased to announce that the Irish International Redzer7 has signed a four year deal with Arsenal. The €20 deal has recently been announced on Skysports News, and is sure to delight Gunners supporters in a summer where transfer speculation promised little. The 23 year old will join as a right midfielder, possibly replacing the recently departed Eboue in the position.
    Although the move has not long been predicted, Arsenal can be only too delighted to officially announce the signing, and I expect that this will be unveiled tomorrow, or possibly this evening.
    The question remains as to whether he will fill the vacant Number 27 shirt for the coming season, as previously announced here.

What I wanna know now is.... How many of you is gonna put me in
    yer Fantasy Football Teams? :P

• Advertisement

really? three players in, one is a 4th choice CB for less than 2m who looks capable, and the only other one that has played looks like the buy of the summer.

Mr Alan, don't rise to the bait :)

Blackburn and Bolton looking at Bolo Zenden apparenlty

20 euro too much

Gillington wrote: »
    Dammit is right Xavi,was looking forward to seeing the back of him!

He was quite awful, but we should still take a moment to reflect -

_44417145_benjani2_afp416.jpg

:D

really? three players in, one is a 4th choice CB for less than 2m who looks capable, and the only other one that has played looks like the buy of the summer.

Do you blame the americans for buying an injured player?

hooked-real-motion-fishing-rod-attachment.jpg

nope, Aquilani could turn out to be an excellent signing. i'll wait & see before judging him.

I do however blame the americans for putting zero money, ZERO money into transfers in the last 2 seasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

Given everyone seems to be desperate to leave Fratton Park combined with the fact that he is probably available relatively cheaply along with 'Arry's previous links, I think it's a go-er.

he said he wont sign a new contract (runs out next summer) because pompy havnt strengthened as he would like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

mink_man wrote: »
    he said he wont sign a new contract (runs out next summer) because pompy havnt strengthened as he would like!

First I've heard of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Talk on one Spurs site the deal is done for £2m.

I've ignored most of the rumours during the summer, so I'll believe this when I see him holding a Spurs scarf for the cameras.

• Advertisement
Advertisement