Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transfer Window Countdown Tuesday..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

2m (if it's true) for Krancjar is a bargain!

Talk on one Spurs site the deal is done for £2m.

I've ignored most of the rumours during the summer, so I'll believe this when I see him holding a Spurs scarf for the cameras.

apparently deal is close to happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Also, and this is a weird one:

Martin Petrov to Spurs, David Bentley to City (loan or transfer, both are rumoured)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Krancjar for 2 million is unbelievable. Man United could do alot worse than looking at him imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

if Krancjar is available for 2m, i'm going to kill myself because we can't afford that.

heard Bentley was going to Everton myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Kranjcar to Spurs definitely seems quite likely.......dont know about 2 mil (I know thats whats being said, Im just not sure how accurate it is), would be a great signing imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Can Kranjcar play on the left?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Can Kranjcar play on the left?

He sure can. His wiki entry has already incorrectly been updated as a spurs player. jumping the gun a bit :)

"Croatian footballer who currently plays as a midfielder for English Premier League club Tottenham Hotspur and the Croatian national team."

"His move to Spurs was greeted by Harry Redknapp by saying Kranjcar would be a 'triffic' signing."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

:

Martin Petrov to Spurs,

Looks like Harry took my advice ;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=61870041&postcount=17

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Well, that appears to have been rather anti climactic.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭podge018

what does?

Well, that appears to have been rather anti climactic.:(

You do know Tuesday is the last day?

Midnight was for international transfers though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Midnight was for international transfers though.

are you sure about that

England had a bank holiday monday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Am I the only one here hoping that their club holds on to a player instead of signing one? Jermaine Beckford I hope will be in a Leeds shirt to put a hat-trick past the Pool in the Carling Cup:D I 've a different kind of wait, please no-one bid for Becks

• Advertisement

Juventus have signed Fabio Grosso from Lyon, and Eidur Gudjohnsen looks set to leave Barca for Monaco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I'm pretty sure an english club can still buy players from abroad but a team like real madrid can't because they cant register the player to play in the league or europe until January but english teams can still register the players because of the long weekend there

Headshot wrote: »
    are you sure about that

England had a bank holiday monday

Not sure, but I saw someone saying it on redcafe, sure they're all british.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Not sure, but I saw someone saying it on redcafe, sure they're all british.

lol :D

Headshot wrote: »
    lol :D

I know, but they're so good at appearing to be on the edge of believable all the time.

At least it leaves more time to make up rumors for sky sports.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭glanman

Can someone comfirm now so that Real cant sign Ribery now, as it is only British clubs who can sign players?

I lumped €150(max bet) on him at 1/4 to stay at Bayern on the back of this. Got him at 6/1 earlier in the summer too.

Got Dunne at 25/1 too:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,462 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

glanman wrote: »
    Can someone comfirm now so that Real cant sign Ribery now, as it is only British clubs who can sign players?

I lumped €150(max bet) on him at 1/4 to stay at Bayern on the back of this. Got him at 6/1 earlier in the summer too.

Got Dunne at 25/1 too:)

Real can't sign him to play for them now - but they could sign him to join in Jan or next summer. If he doesn't move to an English club though, he will def be at Bayern until Jan at least.

Thats fine so, as long as Bayern are his club by the end of today it don't matter if he signs pre contract. It is now 1/7 anyway...

I also had Sol Campbell at 14/1 to go to Notts county. Got Beckford at 25/1 to join any premier league club, would be great if that came off.

Here are the odds on other transfers, nothing else appealing to me at the moment

http://www.skybet.com/skybet?action=GoEvType&id=10003041

Dunne having a medical as we speak. Shorey probably going to Portsmouth on loan, and he was just beginning to play well for us. I presume it means that Bouma is gonna be back playing in the near future though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

The German Transfer List has been closed, and he is not on it. So he is def. staying at Bayern for at least another 5 months.

http://www.bundesliga.de/media/native/dfl/transferlisten/71-09-10.pdf

Well if anyone has a skybet account it is easy money. He is 1/10 but at least it will increase your bank/max bet by 10%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭pablodunlop

DubDani wrote: »
    The German Transfer List has been closed, and he is not on it. So he is def. staying at Bayern for at least another 5 months.

http://www.bundesliga.de/media/native/dfl/transferlisten/71-09-10.pdf

No - he could still sign for an English club. the window has not closed for English clubs.

I cant see any english club signing him TBH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

No - he could still sign for an English club. the window has not closed for English clubs.

And he's been quoted in L'Equipe as saying he doesn't feel close to Van Gaal and the rumour mongers are out in force saying he's been seen around London. If true that could only mean Chelsea, no ?

This is what SSN was invented for, they are so excited god bless them!!

Its good TV though, I remember watching the deadline in January and the guy at Eastlands getting pelted with snowballs, hilarious!

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    And he's been quoted in L'Equipe as saying he doesn't feel close to Van Gaal and the rumour mongers are out in force saying he's been seen around London. If true that could only mean Chelsea, no ?
    I doubt it very much, but 33/1 at the moment if you are interested!

The bet has been removed completely now

glanman wrote: »
    I doubt it very much, but 33/1 at the moment if you are interested!

The bet has been removed completely now

Oh that's a shame - would have loved to see him ply his trade in the premiership.

So they allow gambling on transfers - how do they overcome insider knowledge ?

latest from the BBC
    Now, I have more digging to do to firm up what I've just been told by my high-profile man-in-the-know, but here's a teaser, to be taken with a pinch of salt for now: a big-money transfer will happen in the north-west today, with Everton and Liverpool, as well as Man City, ready to splash the cash; Arsenal hope to do a late deal for a midfielder; and Portsmouth are in the process of negotiating 427 incoming signings, of which maybe three will come off. I may have exaggerated the last one, but you get the idea."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/8227622.stm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Liverpool are skint, only massive deal we could be involved in would be if a club would be willing to accept a collection of Tom Hicks Liverpool mugs as payment.

United really need to buy, but it won't happen. Been a very, very poor summer for United. gutted with how it has turned out to be honest.

greendom wrote: »
    Oh that's a shame - would have loved to see him ply his trade in the premiership.

So they allow gambling on transfers - how do they overcome insider knowledge ?

I dont know really. they all have a certain level, betfair have to stay or go markets, ie Fabregas to stay at Arsenal, yes or no. Paddypower had a small few too.

Skybet seemed to have the most bets and they were a little slow to change odds when rumours and news came out. I just kept an eye on rumours and took a few punts. Dunne at 25/1 a few months ago, Huntaleer at 14s to AC too.

As for inside knowledge, I would love some of that:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Are Liverpool are going to make a major loan signing today, using money raised by selling Lauri Dalle Valle to Fulham for 5 million? Hmmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,281 ✭✭✭slingerz

mike65 wrote: »
    Are Liverpool are going to make a major loan signing today, using money raised by selling Lauri Dalle Valle to Fulham for 5 million? Hmmmmm.

Would be terrible business for Liverpool to let Lauri Dalle Valle go.

Thats as maybe and discussed on the other thread :) I'm interested in what if Rafa suddenly has 5 million to spend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,281 ✭✭✭slingerz

Thats as maybe and discussed on the other thread :) I'm interested in what if Rafa suddenly has 5 million to spend.

He'd probably but 37 youngsters for the academey that will never make it to the reserves.

looks like benjani to notts county could be on, odds shortening. Also Bentlay is now odds on to stay with spurs. Loans dont count as transfers on sky so maybe he will only go on loan, or is the deal off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Benjani moving to Notts? I lol'd.

Turned down a move to hull, where he would have been playing, due to wages.6/4 to join notts county on loan, 1/2 to join pompey. Notts county paying Campbell 50k+ for 5 years, they can afford him too! I would be a little surprised but the link is so crazy that it could just be true...

Plus, I think loans can take place outside of the window to non premier league teams, so mgiht go through another day

hot off the press-

Ipswich are about to sign Grant Leadbitter (£2.6m) and Carlos Edwards (£1.35m) from Sunderland. Edwards, oddly, seems to be one of those players who is far too good for the Championship and nowhere near good enough for the Premier League.

Keano raiding his old club, hardly a surprise.

I watched the Damned United the other night (very good film, must get the book). Keane seems to be similar to Clough, sign players that he has worked with in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

hot off the press-

Ipswich are about to sign Grant Leadbitter (£2.6m) and Carlos Edwards (£1.35m) from Sunderland. Edwards, oddly, seems to be one of those players who is far too good for the Championship and nowhere near good enough for the Premier League.

Keano raiding his old club, hardly a surprise.

Ipswich badly need new players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Latest from 606 Comments on bbc.co.uk

comment by Come On Fergie!!!(aka COF)**RIP Sir Bobby** (U4469307)

posted Just Now

Arteta to United and Anderson and 7million going the other way. YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!

They can go get lost if they think that's happening :(

12.37pm Portsmouth have confirmed the signing of Tal Ben-Haim from Manchester City on a four-year deal.

Pompeys fax could be a busy machine this afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Johnny Heitinga at Everton's Finch Farm training ground :)

Good signing for everton. Banega could be very good too if it goes through. NOt sure about 10 million for russian guy...

• Advertisement
Advertisement