Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eamonn Dorans closed

Options
  • 30-08-2009 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭

I just heard from my brother that it's closed now... anyone know what's up??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Closed as in shut down / out of business?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

According to my mate, whos Dad knows the owner, it's just being done up completely, thank God as I couldn't hack that horrible smell of damp.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

According to a mate of mine who was supposed to play a very important gig there last night Dorans was hit with a week long closure order because of underage drinking there. Should be open again on Wednesday.

*Please bear in mind that this is a rumor and I have not heard anything concrete about it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Hopefully they're fixing the place up. I love going there but it's an absolute dive! Toilets downstairs should only be undertaken by the brave/drunk and desperate.

• Advertisement

Twee. wrote: »
    Hopefully they're fixing the place up. I love going there but it's an absolute dive! Toilets downstairs should only be undertaken by the brave/drunk and desperate....and nobody taller than a midget.

FYP! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

pithater1 wrote: »
    According to a mate of mine who was supposed to play a very important gig there last night Dorans was hit with a week long closure order because of underage drinking there. Should be open again on Wednesday.

*Please bear in mind that this is a rumor and I have not heard anything concrete about it.

That's the tale I heard myself.

The jukebox needs a going over, not enough metal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Overpriced smelly shíthole tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Ahhhh! I was out on Thursday night and saw that Dorans was closed, was wondering what was going on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

now where will i get a crap pint?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

On another note, does anybody know why every Saturday there's a massive queue of teenage emos outside Eamonn Dorans. Every Saturday they're there and I've always wonder why!

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭smog

From what i heard .. MCD took it over and its getting a complete revamp

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I think they do underage gigs sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭GlasnevinRed

http://www.hotpress.com/Eamonn%20Dorans/news/Dorans%20hope%20to%20reopen%20this%20week/5762491.html
    Dorans hope to reopen this week

Famous Dublin pub and venue "dealing with licensing issues" Rumours that Eammon Doran's, one of Dublin's best-known rock'n'roll venues, had closed over the weekend were clarified by owner Dermot Doran, who spoke to Hot Press this morning. While the doors of the venue have been shut since Friday, Doran explained that the problem was a temporary one. The premises was experiencing "licence trouble", he said, but they were in the process of rectifying the problem.
    "We hope to open again later in the week, all going according to plan," Dermot told Hot Press. "We are behind with taxes, and you need a tax clearance certificate to have your license renewed, but I'm hoping to sort things out over the next couple of days. Technically I could trade at the moment but it's better to take this route for the moment. It has nothing to do with any issue other than license trouble."
    Eammon Doran's has been one of Dublin's most celebrated venues for many years, with a constant flow of bands playing the downstairs venue in Temple Bar, since Doran took over. The venue and pub has a reputation as a place where young Dublin bands often got their first gigs. Its roll of 'past pupils' includes Radiohead, who played their first ever Irish show there in 1993.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Black Thorn

I think most played their 'first gig' there. pity they aren't doing the place up as would have booked a few dates if they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Maybe they're planning on expanding their current offering of 2 different beers on tap.
    Biggest fúcking hole of a place around.
    I hope it never re-opens.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

F*ck

They've a deposit from me for a gig I'm running in November, bringing a band down from the north and from England too.. Tried ringing the bloke who I booked the venue from, no answer. Convenient >:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭craiginireland

Is it still closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

I actually like the place despite their crap over priced pints. How the hell are they behind on their tax bill considering all the dough that place pulls in. Really makes you wonder.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

ED has in fact always operated under an incomplete licence. Connections etc. mean it has been overlooked by authorities until now. Really the only right punishment is to shut it down*

* the above may or may not be true

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Ah but Dorans is just one of those spots though.
    Everyone will tell you they hate it and it smells bad but you just can't help but end up there...

When no where else is open.:rolleyes:

If I won the lottery I'd buy straight off. You heard it hear first!

edit/ I have not won the lotto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

I believe the Hot Press story to be untrue. So now..

Well, it's still closed... so... yeah. I doubt that story is true!

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whiterob81

Mate of mine was in eamon dorans one night and went down to the jacks. In the cubicle he went to someone had put a pint glass in the toilet bowl and had crapped right into it.

That's skill that is

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Hahahahaha, that is actually excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭craiginireland

Is it still closed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

was still closed when I walked by it earlier this week....ah memories of when it was the Rock Garden... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Ph3n0m wrote: »
    was still closed when I walked by it earlier this week....ah memories of when it was the Rock Garden... :)

It was brilliant as the Rock Garden,remember seeing Kerbdog there('94?) and the Jim Rose Circus Sideshow . Great times!:cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement