Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eamonn Dorans closed

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

aye sneaking into Jim Rose Circus cause it was over 21s only and I was a young young boy at that time...with curious eyes, red ruby lips...ooops wrong forum....LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

According to a post I read on metalireland.com the owner of the building brought Dermot Doran to court and has evicted him for non-payment of rent. However the full license has been re-applied for so possibly the owner will give it a go himself.

My sister walked by there recently and said there was a skip truck backed in and they were throwing a lot of stuff out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

Dord wrote: »
    According to a post I read on metalireland.com the owner of the building brought Dermot Doran to court and has evicted him for non-payment of rent. However the full license has been re-applied for so possibly the owner will give it a go himself.

My sister walked by there recently and said there was a skip truck backed in and they were throwing a lot of stuff out.
    Yeah i saw the skip too.
    Friend of mine is good friends with the owner, I will ask him if he knows anything and post back shortly!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

DigiGal wrote: »
    Yeah i saw the skip too.
    Friend of mine is good friends with the owner, I will ask him if he knows anything and post back shortly!
    Please do. I still have to find a replacement venue for the 6th, minus the deposit I gave dorans :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Dord wrote: »

Oh if only I'd known, I would have tried to yoink the Thin Lizzy light

• Advertisement

Just saw that it has reopened with a fresh lick of paint and is now called "3 Crown Alley". I didn't venture inside though.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Opened already? I walked past it the other day and they looked like they were doing a good bit of building work to it.

Hmm.. wonder what it's like inside.. ?

Larianne wrote: »
    Opened already? I walked past it the other day and they looked like they were doing a good bit of building work to it.

Hmm.. wonder what it's like inside.. ?

It looked a lot brighter than before. The walls inside are cream or white rather than the black and red of before. I might wander in tomorrow if I get a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

As long as it doesn't smell of damp anymore downstairs and pints aren't over a fiver it will be better than what it was.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭boosh_fan

I remember paying 13 something in there for 2 pint bottles of bulmers - a disgrace! And a guy wearing a hawaiian shirt djing..... NEVER again - no matter what they rename the place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Mr. Razzcocks

Is it still gonna be the same just with a different look??

Please god let the toilets be different!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

It's one big toilet tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

I heard that they're dropping the rock/alternative vibe and going for temple bar irish music/ballads 7 nights a week. : /

(A friend of mine who plays in an irish trad band was invited to go in next week and have a meeting with the management about the possibility of having a residency)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

1968 wrote: »
    I heard that they're dropping the rock/alternative vibe and going for temple bar irish music/ballads 7 nights a week. : /

(A friend of mine who plays in an irish trad band was invited to go in next week and have a meeting with the management about the possibility of having a residency)

Really? It was one place I kind of liked in Temple Bar even if it was smelly and dirty, the last time i was in there I did feel kind of ancient and I'm only 27 so that wasn't fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

They are talking about it on the Rock and Metal forum too:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055256320

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

I was in town the other waiting for someone so I called in to scope it out. €4.80 for a pint of Smithwicks is pushing it. The decor is gone all Sex and the Shitty. The Thin Lizzy sign is gone. The jacks have been redone (in the upstairs bit) and are kinda pleasant. There's a bottle of Red Breast and some other Jamesons behind the counter - I dare not ask how much a measure is though :(.

There's no posters for gigs or anything. Looks like there's new staff as well. DiFontanes is still there but it's sectioned off now and the shutters are down.

I think it's more than just a licence issue and a refit to be honest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

Did Eamonn Dorans reopen ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Nope. Its now some generic Irish bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

No. Its now called 4 Dame Lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

7ofBrian wrote: »
    No. Its now called 4 Dame Lane.

???

Pretty sure 4 dame lane is on, well, Dame Lane.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

ceegee wrote: »

???

Pretty sure 4 dame lane is on, well, Dame Lane.

They mean crown alley. This thread is 3 years old so I'm closing it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement