Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung LED 7 series 42 inch

• 30-08-2009 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I have bought one of these tvs.

Waiting for Sky HD, but the general picture for the plain digital broadcasting is disappointing. Any tips on how to get rid of some of the bluriness. It wasn't there on the standard sports channels in the shop, and it was not on digital. Basically close shots look good, distance shots like a football match look blurry.

Have tried the Playstation on HD and the picture is incredible.

When I connect to HD on the television should it improve all?

Also can you use one HDMI cable between digibox, Playstation and Blue Ray DVD player without having to change slots? Do Sky give you a cable?

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Sky wont give you a cable, and you'll need a HDMI slot for each device you want to plug in (unless you use a switch) - but the 7 series (I think) has 4 HDMI slots / connections, so you should be fine.

How are you currently connecting the signal that is blurry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭maciek87

olazabal wrote: »
    I have bought one of these tvs.

Waiting for Sky HD, but the general picture for the plain digital broadcasting is disappointing. Any tips on how to get rid of some of the bluriness. It wasn't there on the standard sports channels in the shop, and it was not on digital. Basically close shots look good, distance shots like a football match look blurry.

Have tried the Playstation on HD and the picture is incredible.

When I connect to HD on the television should it improve all?

Also can you use one HDMI cable between digibox, Playstation and Blue Ray DVD player without having to change slots? Do Sky give you a cable?

Thanks

First of all, there is no such thing as 42 inch LED Samsung. Its either 40 or 46.

Secondly, wait for SkyHD+, as you can`t really do anything with standard Sky box quality (especially when you compare PS3 HD to it).

With regards to connecting multiple HD Ready devices to it, as said - 7 series has 4 slots.

And Sky did not give me a HD cable (with HD box... fooking idjots..), but you can get it on ebay for couple of quit (look for oxygen free one).

Advertisement