Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online groceryshopping from up north

Options
  • 30-08-2009 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭branners69

Am also interested in this, I used recessionbustours a few times and was very impressed with the deals available from ASDA!

I am not sure if Dealhunters.ie deliver groceries, I tried to contact them but they never replied.

Any other options out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

i have used dealhunter.ie a few times for asda deliveries, without a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mam2t1andt2

have tried contacting this guy to start using the service by email & ext but no reply to either which has put me off using same. how did you get started on same?

I have tried emailing them a couple of times but didnt get a reply. I thought they might be too busy to take on other customers!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vicadd

Dealhunter is gone as well. I used him a few times for groceries from Asda.
    The last I heard from him, he was leaving the business but his drivers were going to take over, but I never heard any more after that - that was early August.
    I think he may have gone the same way as recessionbustours - bought out by supermarket chain here to make it harder to buy up north!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭JohnOwonga

branners69 wrote: »
    I have tried emailing them a couple of times but didnt get a reply. I thought they might be too busy to take on other customers!

>>>>>

Re:Dealhunter.ie Closed?What Alternatives are there?
    I want to purchase goods online from a Uk Mainland Store?that only deliver to the UK I need a Northern Ireland address to do this.
    I too tried contacting Dealhunter but there was no reply?

John

Once it is not food and drink you are ordering then www.recessionbustours.ie still delivery to the Republic.

Once it is not food and drink you are ordering then www.recessionbustours.ie still delivery to the Republic.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Thanks for that link Are they reliable? How long have they been going?
    in operation?
    One Important Question you know when you are ordering online from say here in Dublin,Ireland with an Irish IP address ordering goods that the retailer will ONLY deliver To Addresses in the United Kingdom How do you manage to pay for same goods? with a Credit Card that has a Republic of Ireland Address?

Is it possible to get your Credit Card Company to give you a secondary UK Delivery Address ? it seems complicated,what if the goods go missing
    what safeguards if any can you take?
    Or is it just Pot Luck at the end of day I am referring to the situation of having a dispute with the UK Online Retailer and involving disputes etc.

Also a Northern Irish U.K telephone number is required too I don't see one listed
    John

JohnOwonga wrote: »
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Thanks for that link Are they reliable? How long have they been going?
    in operation?

I only ever used them to deliver food and I had no problems. Other have used them for Argos and had problems, furniture was damaged on delivery.
    One Important Question you know when you are ordering online from say here in Dublin,Ireland with an Irish IP address ordering goods that the retailer will ONLY deliver To Addresses in the United Kingdom How do you manage to pay for same goods? with a Credit Card that has a Republic of Ireland Address?

I have never had an online order be stopped because of my ip address, it has always been my home address!
    Is it possible to get your Credit Card Company to give you a secondary UK Delivery Address ? it seems complicated,what if the goods go missing
    what safeguards if any can you take?
    Or is it just Pot Luck at the end of day I am referring to the situation of having a dispute with the UK Online Retailer and involving disputes etc.

Best talk to your credit card company!
    Also a Northern Irish U.K telephone number is required too I don't see one listed
    John

They have never had a phone number on their website!

I only ever used them to deliver food and I had no problems. Other have used them for Argos and had problems, furniture was damaged on delivery.
    >>>>>>
    I guess thats to be expected but nothing gone missing?.

I have never had an online order be stopped because of my ip address, it has always been my home address!
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>
    A standard UK address has a UK Landline telephone Number and UK Postcode.

>>>>>>>>>
    In the current economic circumstances Banks just like to say No
    I will try and see what happens though.

>>>>>
    There is a Rep Of Ireland Meteor Mobile Phone Number 085 on there no landline though.

John

• Advertisement

How long have "RecessionBustours" been in business?

John

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭blobert

Dealhunter is "changing management" at the moment. Does anyone know of anywhere else actually delivering groceries at the moment? Thanks

blobert wrote: »
    Dealhunter is "changing management" at the moment. Does anyone know of anywhere else actually delivering groceries at the moment? Thanks
    >>>
    Yes there is www.recessionbustours.ie he does not answer email but he does answer the mobile phone other people here have done business with him on this board and say he provides a good service I do not know how long hes been trading for but compared to www.dealhunter.ie no email answers at all no mobile phone response after you leave a message I guess time will tell:) with the management change.

Question how do you manage to pay for your UK online purchases do you find it problematic at all especially given that they will be delivering to a UK Northern Ireland forwarding address?.

Oh yes there is www.borderbargains.ie aswell let me know how you get on I would appreciate it!

Best Of Luck

John

www.recessiontours.ie no longer deliver groceries, has anyone used www.borderbargains.ie to deliver groceries? How much do they charge?

Thanks,

Branners

www.recessiontours.ie no longer deliver groceries, has anyone used www.borderbargains.ie to deliver groceries? How much do they charge?

Thanks,

Branners

Groceries ? I thought Tesco had adopted One Price One Island i.e Northern Prices down South on Groceries in particular?

John

Groceries ? I thought Tesco had adopted One Price One Island i.e Northern Prices down South on Groceries in particular?

John

Tesco's prices dont come close to the ASDA prices on groceries!!

The price of drink in particular and baby items such as nappies are particularly hard to pay for now after buying from ASDA for a couple of months!

Tesco's prices dont come close to the ASDA prices on groceries!!

The price of drink in particular and baby items such as nappies are particularly hard to pay for now after buying from ASDA for a couple of months!

>>>>>>>>>
    Yes I was thinking about ASDA they are Walmart in another guise aren't they
    Well Drink you could always have your own microbrewery essentially HomeBrew there was a website in the UK that did kits for Spirits etc

John

Looks like Deal Hunter is back online for grocery deliveries from the North!

I got the email below today:
    Hello

I would just like to say apologies to all our customers who have been trying
    to contact us over the past few weeks. There has been a change in ownership
    / management and unfortunately we had some technical difficulties with our
    emails. Nevertheless I would like to introduce myself and let everyone know
    we are back up and running and ready to take your orders.

We are in the middle of updating our website so please check back over the
    next week or so to view the latest offers and information. www.dealhunter.ie

In the mean time please note the following:
    1 - We are commencing ALL orders this week - with regards to ASDA/Grocery
    shops, please order your goods to be delivered this thursday Oct 22nd
    between the
    hours of 10am - 12pm. For now our grocery deliveries will be weekly on a
    thursday - just in time to stock up for the weekend.

2 - Our delivery address is: "Your name"
    c/o Dealhunter
    102 Duncrue Street
    Belfast
    BT3 9AR
    Tel: 028-90-351313

3 - When ordering online please use the above add. for delivery purposes
    only and the telephone no. as a contact no. in case they need directions to
    our
    depot.

4 - As a guide to our delivery costs work on 10% of the total value of your
    order(rounded off to the nearest €5) with a minimum delivery fee of €20. for
    example if your goods total £335.00 then 10% = £33.50 so therefore
    delivery will be €35(rounded off to the nearest €5). For large bulky or very
    heavy
    items as well as rural deliveries there may be an added premium anything
    from €20 - €50 depending on the item. Please contact us or check online
    www.dealhunter.ie for further information.

5 - Once you have made your order please do not forget to forward a copy to
    us at save@dealhunter.ie so we may process and confirm your delivery - also
    please state the best time to deliver your goods & your delivery add. -
    a work add. may also be used if more convenient & practical.

Thank you for your custom - I am available on 085-7051470(office hours only)
    to answer any of your questions.

Regards

Alistair Smith
    Managing Director
    Dealhunter.ie

Looks like Deal Hunter is back online for grocery deliveries from the North!

I got the email below today:

>>>>>>>>>>>
    Hello,

Well I checked with my credit card company they only allow one delivery address(A Northern Ireland is not permitted),therefore you have no purchase protection if the goods do not arrive,damaged or the wrong items are shipped.

Dealhunter is not a Company? Whats with the Managing Director:) Are the goods ordered covered by anysort of tracking or transit insurance? the same goes with Recessionbusters

Or do you just have to chance it paying by cheque/sterling draft you have very little comeback should things go wrong............

John

For the sake of a €200 shop order if it doesnt arrive, it is hardly the end of the world! But why wouldnt it arrive?

Should it not arrive I just wouldnt use them again! It would be different if I was to order a €2k tv or laptop but for a €200 shop I'll take my chances!

• Advertisement

For the sake of a €200 shop order if it doesnt arrive, it is hardly the end of the world! But why wouldnt it arrive?

Should it not arrive I just wouldnt use them again! It would be different if I was to order a €2k tv or laptop but for a €200 shop I'll take my chances!
    >>>>>>>>>>>>
    Branners I was recently looking at a Mail/Parcel Forwarding Business in the United States that ship worldwide as you probably know a lot of USA based companies will not sell to customers outside the USA they will not even accept non Usa issued credit cards
    The Mail/Parcel Forwarding company use their company credit card to make the purchases the customer thereby gets peace of mind and is more confident when making large purchases I only wish "Mr Smith" the Managing Director of Dealhunter would copy/emulate that business model UK to Republic of Ireland "Dealhunter" transactions :)

€200.00 Euros would be a lot of money to lose then life is a gamble :)

John

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

I contacted Border Bargains yesterday about delivering an item from Argos to the south. They have gone out of business and told me that there wasn't enough demand for their service...pity

tweety76 wrote: »
    I contacted Border Bargains yesterday about delivering an item from Argos to the south. They have gone out of business and told me that there wasn't enough demand for their service...pity
    >>>>
    They emailed me recently saying they no longer did redelivery to the South nodemand they said, they could source products from their wholesalers however they were not able to source the products I required now they are now gone bust :(

Dealhunter went bust no replies too until it was transferred to new ownership.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭EZeeBOS

Hi Guys, My name is Barry and I work for BorderBargains.ie.

We havn't gone out of business but we have stopped taking deliveries to our NI warehouse, we would still collect from ASDA if there was enough demand e.g. 20 orders.

We still source other goods in NI e.g. Video Games but it didn't pay us to keep the warehouse.

So once again, BorderBargains is still 100% in Business

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭banchang

"As a guide to our delivery costs work on 10% of the total value of your
    order(rounded off to the nearest €5) with a minimum delivery fee of €20. for
    example if your goods total £335.00 then 10% = £33.50 so therefore
    delivery will be €35(rounded off to the nearest €5).

Seems a strange pricing structure. If I want to buy some relatively high value low mass items, I would be paying much more than someone who fills the truck with masses of Sainsburys 19p water & nappies. Doesn't seems right.

What has the value of what I buy (1 tiny digital camcorder?) got to do with the shipping cost from Newry to Dublin ?

Auctioneers used to do this & they got their comeuppance.

Dealhunter can you pls put together a more sensible pricing structure & you'll win over & keep a lot more customers.

For what it is worth I received my first ASDA delivery from Dealhunters yesterday and am very happy with the service and the massive savings I made!

I spent £250 and was charged €25 which I am well happy with, saves me wasting a Saturday heading up to Newry!

Advertisement