Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Music did you Listen to Before that you're Ashamed of?

• 30-08-2009 8:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭

I'm sure everyone out there knows what I'm talking about. Did you ever really get into any bands that you thought were the dog's bollocks when you were younger, but just absolutely cringe at the thought of now? :p

Few of mine:

Green Day
    Maroon 5
    Story of the Year
    Gwen Stefani

:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Spice Girls

Worst part when I was 9 I got my old man to buy me their album (back around 1996). Oh dear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Max_Damage wrote: »
    Spice Girls

Worst part when I was 9 I got my old man to buy me their album (back around 1996). Oh dear!

That's a fairly dire situation alright. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Nothing really.I was a Meatloaf fan when I was a young fella but nothing as cringey as the Spice Girls.

As Ive gotten older my tolerance for most music has grown.

Some days I feel like listening to Watchmaker or Aborym,some days its Rufus Wainwright or Coldplay.Thats the beauty of music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

anyone remember lolly or daphne and celeste?! lol
    some of the worst iv ever actually liked about 10years ago!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xikMcCJBf68

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPI3hJvbeVo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

candy-gal1 wrote: »

• Advertisement

candy-gal1 wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xikMcCJBf68

I've got something too:

^^^ Beat me to it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

They earned a lot of respect from me with that vid.

"DIE! Yes I will!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I'm not ashamed of anything I listened to as a child. I was raised listening to, and liking Black Sabbath, Thin Lizzy, Rolling Stones etc but I also listened to a lot of eurodance stuff and was particularly fond of cheesy 80's stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Think I was lucky as my first real exposure to music as a kid was Queen in 1980, and the likes of Thin Lizzy, Alice Cooper and the Beatles were what popped up a lot through family friends and relatives.

My first album was Iron Maiden's The Number Of The Beast and I was hooked from there on.

If anything my more cringeworthy stuff, if it gets called that, would be from the 90's onwards, when I expanded my tastes more and more.

I don't think I am ashamed of anything I listened to though, if I liked it at the time, then it served it's purpose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I was a huge Take That fan when I was younger. *blush*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Honestly, I wouldn't be ashamed of anything I listened to as a kid. I would've watched Spice Girls videos when they were on TV, and all the other pop music there was, nothing wrong with it. That was all part of growing up really, wasn't it?

Sure, I grew up on Queen and the likes, but used to watch all the pop video shows on TV, and frankly, loved a lot of cheesy **** at the time. Prime example, was this:

Wouldn't listen to it now, but I wouldn't be ashamed that I liked it when I was young either.

I thought the Scatman was awesome:

And you know what? I still think he's awesome now. The guy was a legend:

I thought the Scatman was awesome:

And you know what? I still think he's awesome now. The guy was a legend:

Yep, nothing wrong with Scatman! That guy had talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

pretty shameful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyXqqfijQUc

also kinda went through a limp bizkit phase and liked the way it is, the 1998 song.

also got billy idols greatest hits on and that was only 2 years ago :(:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

I used to listen to my older brothers music when I was growing up, I was weaned on the likes of Def Leppard and Van Halen.

I'm not really a fan of that stuff these days (except the odd bit of edam :o) but I suppose I'm not really ashamed of it either. I listened to the charts aswell same as any kid.

/tosses hair :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭cypharius

I once liked one of Slipknots songs(Before we Forget, something like that). But that was a long time ago. The most embarrassing thing I listened to was Gorilaz.

Gorillaz are pretty good. Clint Eastwood was a great song.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Ah yes, how could I forget The Saw Doctors. I still like them though and I'm not at all ashamed of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

A-ha were the first band i really got in to. Used to have all their stuff on vinyl and seen them in concert. Gotta admit that they're probably the best pop band i've ever heard and i'm not ashamed to have their greatest hits on my ipod.

Honestly folks, stop being ashamed of good music. Both Blur and Gorillaz are terrific! Damon Albarn is a genius tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

all dance music

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I was rather fond of Robbie Williams :)

Still think Let Me Entertain You is a cracking song

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Honestly folks, stop being ashamed of good music. Both Blur and Gorillaz are terrific! Damon Albarn is a genius tbh.

And lets not forget his work with Michael Nyman on the Ravenous soundtrack.

Anyone that hasnt seen this movie,get your asses out there and rent or buy it.

Definitely agreed with you on that Ned, terrific soundtrack, and the film is great too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭Six of One

Was a boyzone and take that fan. Saw Boyzone in the Grand Bingo Hall Cabra as a kid. Sure feck it I knew no better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

The Lightning Seeds. In the early-mid 90's I absolutely loved them, I had their T-shirts, cassettes, I even saw them live. Now I look back and think WTF???!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭lala stone

David Gray,, why was he so popular here?!

Oh and a Blazing Squad cd... ccccccccccrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnngggggggeeeeeeeeee :o

I hate you all for having childhoods filled with the likes of Sabbath and Lizzy. I didn't get into music until I was like 14. :mad:

I liked Limp Bizkit and linkin park, cant stand them at all now:o

• Advertisement

I liked Limp Bizkit and linkin park, cant stand them at all now:o

Keep ROLLIN' ROLLIN' ROLLIN' ROLLIN'!

Advertisement