Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Music did you Listen to Before that you're Ashamed of?

2»

Comments

I am disappoint.:(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

For me the claim to shame had to be Status Quo.I grew up with them,had everything on vinyl and must have seen them live at least 5/6 times from the age of 9 to 15/16.

I couldnt listen to anything by them these days.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    For me the claim to shame had to be Status Quo.I grew up with them,had everything on vinyl and must have seen them live at least 5/6 times from the age of 9 to 15/16.

I couldnt listen to anything by them these days.
    All their songs sound the same to me, same chords anyway:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

not so much what bands I listened to, but for a a few years at the start, I listened to ONLY metal, mainly Metallica/Megadeth, and would have dismissed the likes of Sonic Youth or Pavement and the likes (no guitar solos).

To me, this was wrong wrong wrong. Now I would rarely listen to metal, but still crank it out, especially if I'm, out jogging. I suppose I would listen to everything and anything, so wouldn't devote as much time to any one genre of music..

So, just listening to one genre of music, to me, is something I would be a wee bit ashamed of. best thing to come out of it was my guitar chops \m/ and rhythm timing...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I went to see Destiny's Child years ago and I really enjoyed them when there were 4 people in the band. I also obsessed over 5ive, and still maintain they were slightly better than Boyzone/Take That were :rolleyes:

I used to be a li'l skanger back in the day, and loved the music to go with it. Tbh, I still love the music now though (we're talkin Paul Van Dyke, Mauro Picotto, odd bit of Tiesto, and any other randomly named one-hit wonders from 2000)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭LightofDarkness

Goo Goo Dolls and Matchbox 20. Yep. Still keep a cyanide pill underneath my tongue should this dark secret become known.

Advertisement