Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaving.ie

Options

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Shaving.ie wrote: »
    Yes, there are more available now..:)
    D'oh! Curse my impetuous order-placing...! :)

Package arrived this morning, including a pleasant surprise - which worked out nicely, because I dropped my old alum block into the empty sink this morning, and it shattered completely.

Allow me to state for the record that shaving.ie is, by a wide margin, the best online store I've ever done business with.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Michael G

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Allow me to state for the record that shaving.ie is, by a wide margin, the best online store I've ever done business with.
    I agree fully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Chris, is the Feather DE on pre-order the version that comes with the stainless steel stand and all nicely packaged in a wooden box? They're getting great reviews elsewhere but am debating whether or not I'd find them a tad too mild....

(must resist temptation...)

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭another world

I´ve just had a weak moment and bought some (too much) stuff on shaving.ie :o Looking forward to trying out wool fat for the first time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭catthinkin

i bought tend skin off them cant get it any where else

I´ve just had a weak moment and bought some (too much) stuff on shaving.ie :o Looking forward to trying out wool fat for the first time
    Wool fat is really nice - rich and creamy.

I'm looking forward to trying out my new EJ in the morning. I don't usually shave on a Saturday, but I think I'll make an exception :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Got my order this morning, cheers lads. Lovin it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Shaving.ie

Chris, is the Feather DE on pre-order the version that comes with the stainless steel stand and all nicely packaged in a wooden box? They're getting great reviews elsewhere but am debating whether or not I'd find them a tad too mild....

(must resist temptation...)

There are 2 versions AS-D1 and TAS-DS. The AS-D1 comes is a wooden presentation box with the razor and feather blades and the TAS-D1 comes with deluxe packaging and a nice little stand. The AS-D1 is the one I am expecting to arrive. Looking forward to getting one for myself :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Lovely item. The blade gap on the Feather looks quite slim, reminds me of a Gillette Tech. Price for this in the US seems a bit higher, people expecting an RRP of about $300. Domestic (Japan) price is $300 and above.

300g weight, ouch!

• Advertisement

Amalgam wrote: »
    300g weight, ouch!
    Thats the full postage weight including packaging :)

I think the razor weighs in at 90g.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

any coupon codes available?

[edit] nm, found the 'shaveme' one that gives 5% off.

The basic (no plastic case) Bakelite Merkur Safety Razor is in stock, just ordered one.

bakmerkshavingie.jpg

That's a nice price for an unusual Merkur. I'll post up a handling\unboxing video when I receive it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Tigger7

I've been looking at shaving.ie last night after reading hundreds of pages of posts yesterday...am spending a fortune on gillette fusions as i only get about 3/4 shaves per blade so am about to make the plunge ...i was looking at the new merkur Futur...any one any views on this one?? i know a lot of ye recommending merkur progress and HD and muhle R89...Any feedback greatly appreciated...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Tigger7 wrote: »
    I've been looking at shaving.ie last night after reading hundreds of pages of posts yesterday...am spending a fortune on gillette fusions as i only get about 3/4 shaves per blade so am about to make the plunge ...i was looking at the new merkur Futur...any one any views on this one?? i know a lot of ye recommending merkur progress and HD and muhle R89...Any feedback greatly appreciated...

Im not a fan of adjustables so its not something i would recommend. The EJDE89L is only €19.95 and that is an absolute bargain for a fantastic razor. The rest you could splash out on a nice brush but to be honest for the remaining € you could get a good brush, cream, blades that will last you donkeys.

padi89 wrote: »
    The EJDE89L is only €19.95 and that is an absolute bargain for a fantastic razor.
    Agreed - I'm really enjoying mine. I can't be doing with all this adjustable kerfuffle. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Thanks again Chris, excellent service, got the delivery today. There was a hole in the box, I'm sure it happened in transit, but all was packed well.

Cheers Chris, many thanks for the Edwin sample.

shavingdotie070710.jpg

Photos of the Bakelite Merkur will be in the main Safety Razor thread.

I'll be interested to see how you get on with the bakelite - I would have thought it would be very light.

oscarBravo wrote: »
    I'll be interested to see how you get on with the bakelite - I would have thought it would be very light.

Very very light. Disposable bic light.

• Advertisement

shavingdotiejoindate.gif

Nice one Chris, feels longer than that.

1yearshavingdotie.jpg

I thought no one would remember. I hope you did not go through too much trouble making that cake. :P

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Another extremely fast delivery by shaving.ie, thanks chris :)
    Much appreciated, why can't all Irish companies deliver so fast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

So I'm going taking the step to traditional shaving.
    Going to order
    Merkur Progress long handle
    Taylors of Old bond Shaving cream (avocado)
    Proraso pre and post shaving cream
    Muhle pure badger black shave brush

And three types of blades
    derby, merkur and gillette 7 o'clock super stainless

Do I need anything else??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

plonk wrote: »
    So I'm going taking the step to traditional shaving.
    Going to order
    Merkur Progress long handle
    Taylors of Old bond Shaving cream (avocado)
    Proraso pre and post shaving cream
    Muhle pure badger black shave brush

And three types of blades
    derby, merkur and gillette 7 o'clock super stainless

Do I need anything else??

You've pretty much all you need. I'd swap the Merkur blades for some Gillette Bleue or Thai super thins and maybe pick up some balm (Speick is pretty good). The Prorasso preshave is a nice to have as opposed to a must have. Add a styptic pencil too.

Cheers for that the pencil should come in handy ;)
    Now has anyone a coupon code before I make the plunge

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭OhThePenguin

plonk wrote: »
    Cheers for that the pencil should come in handy ;)
    Now has anyone a coupon code before I make the plunge

"shaveme" gives 5% off I think

Just ordered it, "shaveme" didnt work.

Now I have something to look forward to.

Thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

Not sure if this was posted already but stumbled across this article:

http://www.barryhand.ie/blog/shaving-ie-irish-website-getting-it-right/

• Advertisement

:D You interact with that person almost every day or so on boards.ie. ;)

Advertisement