Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaving.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Shaving.ie

titan18 wrote: »
    Chris, is there any chance you'd be selling D R Harris Pink Aftershave, any of the Penhaligons' colognes, Floris No.89, Truefitt and Hill 1805(or any of their stuff) or Knize Ten cologne?
    I was just too late getting the Harris Pink aftershave into the latest shipment but I can get that in next time around. I will look into the others... thanks for the suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Shaving.ie wrote: »
    I was just too late getting the Harris Pink aftershave into the latest shipment but I can get that in next time around. I will look into the others... thanks for the suggestions.

Thanks.Just basically any colognes or aftershaves.I need more for some reason :o and I'd rather order off you as it's been great so far

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

hi folks, are there anyboardsies deals from shaving.ie?
    folks anniversary and was gonna get something for himself?

thanks.:)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

thebullkf wrote: »
    hi folks, are there anyboardsies deals from shaving.ie?
    folks anniversary and was gonna get something for himself?

thanks.:)

I did suggest the boardsdeals thing to Chris, the target market could be rather small but sure I guess we'l know in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

Cabaal wrote: »
    I did suggest the boardsdeals thing to Chris, the target market could be rather small but sure I guess we'l know in the future.

thanks Cabaal.

its just there are some smashing deals out there @ the moment-it'd be nice to support a local though:)

bit like the local bike shop-you wanna support them but the prices can be excessive.:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I think it'd be pretty good :) Something like a discount on the starter kit would be cool. It'd hopefully get more people interested in safety razors. Good for Chris and good for people who want to buy shaving related gifts or get a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

*slips credit card back in pocket.............awaiting deals* ;) :pac: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

just wanted to post up a quick review of my first experience using shaving.ie...

ordered late Tuesday night (around 10pm), chose the 50 blade sample pack, created a/c very easily, paid using paypal, chose an post cheapest shipping and received my blades this morning, all individually packed, delivered in a jiffy bag. Absolutely excellent service, cannot rate highly enough, will use again once all the blades are used up!

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Michael G

tw0nk wrote: »
    just wanted to post up a quick review of my first experience using shaving.ie...
    He always does that. His site is completely reliable and the service is, to use a worn-out word literally, outstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I'd just like to say thanks to Chris.
    Today I finished my first tube of Prorazo that I got in one of his excellent starter kits.
    It's been a really great experience for me so far and I can see it continuing on into the future.
    Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Just out of interest, how long did it take you to get through the Proraso?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

hitemfrank wrote: »
    Just out of interest, how long did it take you to get through the Proraso?

I shave once every 2/3 days.
    Got it in April for my birthday.

I had some help.

Just a point you might want to put to your shipping department (or maybe IT).

I bought a brush off your site and had it shipped by reg. post. I got a confirmation email to say it was shipped and they gave the registered number as "cn123456ie". (not actual number)

I've worked with reg. post before and realised straight away that this wasn't a valid number, but put it into the track + trace section of An Post's website anyway, but to no avail.

I didn't do anything about it as i had a feeling it would be delivered today anyway, and it was. The actual number is cn000123456ie, so it might be a case of a database not recognising the 000 part of the number the way MS Excel doesn't unless you specify that it does.

Hope that makes sense.

Other than that, excellent service.

Thanks $hifty.. Dropping the first set of zero's should work. I would say the problem was the tracking number had not yet registered on the An Post system. I just tried a few and they seem to be ok.

Apologies, you're dead right. Mustn't have been logged on their system when i checked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Chris shipped this out to me this morning. A fine way to enhance your Floïd experience.

floidatomiser001.jpg

floidatomiser002.jpg

floidatomiser003.jpg

The inserted tube is much longer than the bottle and snakes around at the bottom.

floidatomiser004.jpg

floidatomiser005.jpg

The spray is fine, but not the same character as a push button atomiser. A lot of push and air behind it, perfect for its intended use.

Very nice, I meant to buy one for a good while. Grabbed the chance once back in stock.

http://www.shaving.ie/products/Barber-Style-Atomiser-for-Floid-Aftershave-Bottles.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Smart Guy

Went to purchase some goods on the Shaving.ie web site this morning and when I went to checkout I noticed they are on holidays until October 29th. This gives me more time to think about my purchase. I need a new shaving brush as the old badger is loosing hair. I am looking at a boar as a change because of price and there are so many I dont know what to choose. Any help appreciated. Also I like the fresh menthol kick in an aftershave and a shaving cream. Currently enjoying the prorasso but would like any other recommendations

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Dord wrote: »
    I think it'd be pretty good :) Something like a discount on the starter kit would be cool. It'd hopefully get more people interested in safety razors. Good for Chris and good for people who want to buy shaving related gifts or get a start.

Coming up to Christmas either vouchers for the site or a starter kit might make some great gift ideas for people

• Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I have been using the Proraso Shaving Soap(white tub) and am very happy with it.its out of stock atm and I am wondering what other soap would people recommend for a change.

yabadabado wrote: »
    I have been using the Proraso Shaving Soap(white tub) and am very happy with it.its out of stock atm and I am wondering what other soap would people recommend for a change.

Fantastic stuff if you have sensitive skin, I tried loads of other stuff and this is what I've been using this past year without any problems

http://www.shaving.ie/products/Mitchells-Wool-Fat-Shaving-Soap-and-Dish.html

• Advertisement

Cabaal wrote: »
    Coming up to Christmas either vouchers for the site or a starter kit might make some great gift ideas for people

Exactly! a discount on a starter kit would be perfect. It'd be a nice christmas gift for someone. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Master Yoda

When will you have Proraso pre-post shaving cream 100ml in stock ?
    Is there going to be some sort of christmas discount, becouse im starting with DE shaving and getting for a little more than 100 EUR worth of stuff. Im just starting my first job so not exactly a wealthy man so a discount would be extremelly helpfull.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I'd also like to find out when the proraso soaps will be back in stock?

I have a list of items to get and over the past week I've yet to see all items on the list in stock at any one time.

I was too eager and ordered yesterday with the Proraso with Aloe. I come home today and see that the price is 1 euro cheaper today and that the regular one is back in stock and send a question if they can send me the regular one instead (Order status was still awaiting fullfilment) and the moment I click send i get an email saying that the order has shipped :P.

Oh well, maybe it will teach me to wait next time.

I'd also like to find out when the proraso soaps will be back in stock?

I have a list of items to get and over the past week I've yet to see all items on the list in stock at any one time.
    More Proraso will be back in about 2 weeks.
    Oh well, maybe it will teach me to wait next time.
    Don't worry I sorted that out for you just in the nick of time!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

The Omega soap in a bowl is pretty similar to the Proraso menthol soap/cream.

Shaving.ie wrote: »
    More Proraso will be back in about 2 weeks.

Don't worry I sorted that out for you just in the nick of time!:)

Thank you ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

has anyone used this shavette?whats the verdict?
    http://www.shaving.ie/products/Dovo-Matt-Stainless-Steel-Shavette.html

Please keep on topic. This thread is related to Shaving.ie.
    For general posts about Safety Razors (aka Double Edge razors) please use the Safety Razor thread.

Previous off topic posts have been moved from this thread to the Safety Razor thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Got the basic (cheapest) starter kit off shaving.ie can't fault the service or the product, ordered on Sunday night, shipped on Monday morning, received on Tuesday morning. I was a bit surprised by how small the handle is but it does the job perfectly.

Instant convert to safety razors I'll never go back to disposables and I know what I'll be getting people for Christmas now.

Advertisement