Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaving.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Shaving.ie

thebullkf wrote: »
    i have asked Shaving .ie about sample kits but have yet to hear back:(

cheers.

There must have been some misunderstanding.. I thought I was waiting to hear back from you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Any chance of adding some Geo F Trumper after shave to the site anytime in the future?

hitemfrank wrote: »
    Any chance of adding some Geo F Trumper after shave to the site anytime in the future?
    Yes, Did you have one in mind?

The Extract of Limes was what I was thinking - mainly because I got the lime cream, skin food and cologne from you eearlier in the week.

Also would you be able to get the Trumpers GFT cologne?

• Advertisement

hitemfrank wrote: »
    The Extract of Limes was what I was thinking - mainly because I got the lime cream, skin food and cologne from you eearlier in the week.

Also would you be able to get the Trumpers GFT cologne?

I do have the GFT I will try to get it online in the next day or two. I will look into the aftershave also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

big thanks to the lads at shaving.ie, the missus ordered my Christmas present (how organised is that;)) on Wednesday, arrived the following day..now that's prompt..now all I need to do is not find it until Christmas :D

Good stuff. I'll keep an eye out for them so. Thanks man.

Shaving.ie wrote: »
    There must have been some misunderstanding.. I thought I was waiting to hear back from you :)

Was i supp. to contact you :eek::eek:
    Here i am waiting/thinking you were organising/waiting on samples:o:o

sorry about that-

• Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Chris,
    do you know when you will have the feather blades back in stock?Need to order a few things and want to buy it altogether.

• Advertisement

yabadabado wrote: »
    Chris,
    do you know when you will have the feather blades back in stock?Need to order a few things and want to buy it altogether.
    I expect them in by sometime around Friday or else early next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Chris, any plans to stock some quirky central European scents like Alt-Innsbruck or Pitralon?

Amalgam wrote: »
    Chris, any plans to stock some quirky central European scents like Alt-Innsbruck or Pitralon?
    I have had a couple of requests for those and both are being looked at. It might be a while but if I can get them I will bring some in. :)

Got my stuff this morning. Thanks for the samples too.

The Dr. Harris Marlborough cologne sample smells quite nice. Not a fan of the wipe though - they would be better off using something similar to what Trumper use for their cologne samples.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Chris,
    Feathers arrived back today...

cheers chris.are you doing any boards offer for xmas like last year?

More than likely there will be a something in January.

OK, I ordered the 50 blade sample pack from shaving.ie and everything arrived no problem. Now, I've yet to try them (I'm watching mantic59 a lot first!) but in relation to the blades, can anyone help me in ranking the blades in terms of forgiveness! You know, what's ideal for beginners and what should be left for more seasoned users!

I know the feather are very sharp so I'm not going near them for some time!
    The list is below, are they already ordered according to severity?

Blades are here

1. Personna Platinum 10 Pack
    2. Astra Platinum 5 Pack
    3. Derby 5 Pack
    4. Timor 10 Pack
    5. Super Iridium 10 Pack
    6. Feather 10 Pack

You can pretty much start from the order you have listed. Feather, Timor, Astra and Iridiums are at the sharper end of the scale while Personna and Derby should be more forgiving. It might take a little while to perfect you technique before you can judge what suits best but just go slow with a light touch untill you get the feel for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Hi All

Just looking for a pointer in the right direction. I'm looking at getting a safety razor for Christmas, for myself, from herself.

I'm currently using the King of Shaves Azor, and find it better than the Mach 3 Super Fuzion Loud Noises Football Platinum (orwhatever the latest one is) However, I'm finding the prices are starting to get silly. I also feel the idea of a safety razor (and a straight edge) to be more manly.

But I don't know what or where to start.

I know Merkur to be a good brand, or so I've read, but apart from that...

I suppose it would help if I mentioned my skin type? It would be dry. I use Yonka face wash, toner, and anti aging moisturiser, some of the best I've tried for my skin.

I also have a goatee. Would that make a difference?

So recommend something for me, and I'll see if I can talk her into buying it for me. Budget? I don't know. Probably at the lower end of the scale.

• Advertisement

hi Sofiztikated, I did the exact same thing with my missus for xmas, I picked out the stuff and she bought..a nice arrangement :D

Anyway, I went for a Merkur Progress (long handle) mainly due to all the good reports I've read about it and the fact that it's adjustable makes it better again. I can adjust the shaving angle/blade severity as I get better for an even closer shave.

I went for a badger hair brush and some Taylor of Old Bond Street Shaving Soap and Proraso Sensitive shave soap.
    Finally, I went for the sampler 50 pack of blades, different types of blades to play around with to see which suit me best.
    Go up a few posts and you will see me talking about them.

I bought everything from shaving.ie - great service (I'm in no way affiliated).

I'm new to all of this DE shaving but like you, I'm fed up with the million blade cartridge marketing machine and I wanted to see how my grandfather used to do it..the proper way (funnily enough I tried to copy him once when I was about 5 and sliced the bejesus out of my face...another story;) )

good luck.

another excellent experience ordering from shaving.ie.made my order sunday evening and it arrived in the post this morning.top notch.plenty of other retailers could take a leaf outta their book.

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to relay my experience with Chris,and Shaving.ie.

I must say firstly he has an excellent variety of well priced products {trust me i shop around,and i also have a vast array of mens scents}.
    I also think its great that we can support local industry.

Now, i only ordered yesterday morning and received the pack today.
    You can't beat that for service,everything well wrapped,all accounted for
    and in prompt fashion @ a reasonable price.
    I must clarify that i don't know Chris,or anyone@ shaving.ie and i rarely give glowing references for anything.
    But as i thought the service was exceptional,i feel such a reference is justified.

Cheers
    thebullkf

thebullkf wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Just wanted to relay my experience with Chris,and Shaving.ie.

I must say firstly he has an excellent variety of well priced products {trust me i shop around,and i also have a vast array of mens scents}.
    I also think its great that we can support local industry.

Now, i only ordered yesterday morning and received the pack today.
    You can't beat that for service,everything well wrapped,all accounted for
    and in prompt fashion @ a reasonable price.
    I must clarify that i don't know Chris,or anyone@ shaving.ie and i rarely give glowing references for anything.
    But as i thought the service was exceptional,i feel such a reference is justified.

Cheers
    thebullkf

that's how they roll, and also why they have a thread dedicated to praises etc...great to have an Irish online retailer with such dedication and commitment to customer service & quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭TheRiddler

Chris do you know when you will have the Norton 4000/8000 water stone in stock again?

TheRiddler wrote: »
    Chris do you know when you will have the Norton 4000/8000 water stone in stock again?

I'm looking to get them in again but it wont be untill after Christmas. Is it for a straight razor or tool?

I might get some Naniwa combo stones which might be a better option for a straight. The feedback is much better for straight razors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭TheRiddler

Shaving.ie wrote: »
    I'm looking to get them in again but it wont be untill after Christmas. Is it for a straight razor or tool?

I might get some Naniwa combo stones which might be a better option for a straight. The feedback is much better for straight razors.

Was looking to get a straight and some gear sometime in the future so I could wait until you get them in. I'd just rather buy a combo stone then two separate ones, but I'm not looking for any in particular.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I used to have that Wilkinson Sword DE razor. I'm glad I did, because it sold me on the concept of DE shaving, but there's just no comparison with a good quality razor. I think you'll be pleased with your purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Hi all,
    Just thought I'd share my positive experience with shaving.ie.
    Himself has recently got into all this stuff, and asked for a few bits for Xmas.
    I was trying to pick up a few tips from this forum, but it was all going over my head. So I e-mailed info@shaving.ie yesterday afternoon and had a reply with some suggestions to suit my limited budget within two hours.
    Placed my order this afternoon. :)
    I'm sure we'll be regular visitors to the site from now on. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Scarlet42 wrote: »
    <Snip>

Scarlet42, I edited your post to improve readability. It was just one big mash of text that was completely unreadable. I would suggest in future that you use paragraphs. I did not add or remove any text. It'll be easier for people to respond to your posts that way. :)

Advertisement