Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaving.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

Hi Chris,

Looking to order more stuff today :D {seeing as how i've been a good boy:cool:}
    I take it the Floid Amber is still out of stock?
    If its back ,drop us a PM and i'll change the order-if not sure no worries.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭seosamh

Hi Chris,
    Now that we are almost a shave past Xmas what is the code for the sale. There is probably a bunch of us holding off for the 10% off sale. Any chance of getting the sale started soon. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,357 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I've already picked out what I want to order once January and the sale kicks in. I've been looking to order from this place for a while and the reviews on here are all pretty glowing!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Ministerofwar

Hey all!Looking to buy a straight razor,just wondering has anyone got any good advice or tips?Thanks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Michael G

There's plenty of advice on the web, but the Dovo range that Chris stocks at shaving.ie would be considered among the best.

However I bought a straight over a year ago and have hardly used it. I find myself picking up the old Merkur Progress every time. A perfect shave and much less hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Big thanks to Chris for putting in a good few free samples with my last order, really liked the Trumper skinfood, will def need to add this to the next order http://www.shaving.ie/products/Geo-F-Trumper-Sandalwood-Skin-Food.html:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

You were lucky...

My GF bought me the Feather All Stainless Razor (the deluxe version with stand) for Xmas and there were no freebies.

(in fact someone, maybe herself, forgot to put the town on the address so lucky to get it at all.Full marks to An Post)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Shaving.ie

@seosamh & 8-10: Just FYI the January sale will kick off in the first few days of Jan. Just keep an eye out on twitter/newsletter/homepage for the code.

@ Cabaal: Glad you are liking the Skin Food. Its a nice product to have in the rotation.

@ CrowdedHouse: Sorry no samples but I think I upgraded the shipping from standard to Express for that order to make sure Santa did not arrive late with the new toy! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭pawrick

hope to pick up a few bits in the Jan sale - cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Master Yoda

Damn you and your Jan sale :D,bought my Progress and other stuff a month ago, now I'm courios about the slant, and here you come with the sale. Need to buy a good brush too but will probably buy elsewhere (Kent BK4 is 69.95EUR, at the shaving shack is 46.49 pounds) stupid suppliers and their recommended price for Ireland.

P.S. Did the price of TOBS creams go up? How long will the sale last (im still going through my blade sample pack and havent decided which I will order in bulk).

• Advertisement

Kent BK4 is 69.95EUR.
    Yes, the RRP for Ireland is a whopping €77.50. I think the Muhle classic silvertip is a much better buy all round. Great for creams.
    How long will the sale last ?
    Around 2 weeks.. with the possibility of being extended depending on stock ect..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Sale is on.....

...order placed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Sale is on.....

Ditto.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

Sale is on.....

damn! no tobs sandalwood cream bowls left!

nialldinho wrote: »
    damn! no tobs sandalwood cream bowls left!
    There should be some left so I have made them available. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

Thanks a million, Chris!

Just placed my order. Would love to have bought more - there's so much interesting stuff on the site!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

Any idea if you'll be getting any Mitchell's soap refills in soon Chris?

penguin88 wrote: »
    Any idea if you'll be getting any Mitchell's soap refills in soon Chris?
    They are back in stock.. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Placed my order last night. I have a beard at the moment but I'm thinking of shaving it off...I guess placing the order made my mind up for me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

Have to say a big thanks to Chris. Ordered a starter kit for christmas for myself and it arrived in double quick time The one small problem with the package was sorted extremely promptly - brilliant customer service - and I've just placed an order for another few bits and pieces. Think I've been bitten by the safety razor bug!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Michael G

penguin88 wrote: »
    Have to say a big thanks to Chris. Ordered a starter kit for christmas for myself and it arrived in double quick time The one small problem with the package was sorted extremely promptly - brilliant customer service - and I've just placed an order for another few bits and pieces. Think I've been bitten by the safety razor bug!
    I have never yet seen anyone unhappy with the service Chris gives. I am planning my next order. It will probably involve Taylor's Wool Fat and some Feather blades, along with some West Indian Limes Skin Food. But not for a few weeks yet.

just placed an order for a few bits and pieces - thanks for putting up the discount

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Markjsca1

Hi Chris,

Do you know when you'll be getting the Floid back in stock?

Buying a Tesla? Get free credits using my referral link https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/mark65212

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Thanks Chris, got home from work today and my package was there waiting for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Thanks Chris. Got my order today. As usual it was packed ridiculously well.

I waited too long and when I decided to get myself a Merkur 39c SlantBar they weren't any more in stock :P.

I waited too long and when I decided to get myself a Merkur 39c SlantBar they weren't any more in stock :P.
    I have a feeling there is one left but I won't know till tomorrow morning.
    Markjsca1 wrote:
    Do you know when you'll be getting the Floid back in stock?
    Next batch is due soon... tomorrow or Monday I think.

package received this morning - very quick delivery, thanks

Shaving.ie wrote: »
    I have a feeling there is one left but I won't know till tomorrow morning.

Hope that if it is that nobody will buy it till 16:00 CET when i comehome after work :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭foxirl

Just received my package from Chris after ordering on Wednesday aftrenoon. Great service.

1 x Proraso Sensitive Shaving Soap with Aloe and Green Tree
    1 x Proraso Pre and Post Shave Cream with Aloe
    1 x 50 Blade Premium Selection Sampler
    1 x Alum Block Natural Stone
    1 x Muhle R106 Safety Razor & Silvertip Set

Looking forward to trying it out later.

Thanks again and highly reccomend shaving.ie

Advertisement