Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaving.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Shaving.ie

Michael G wrote: »
    When will it be back?
    Michael G, I just checked and there is one available in 100ml...

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Michael G

Shaving.ie wrote: »
    Michael G, I just checked and there is one available in 100ml...
    Thanks; which one?

Thanks; which one?
    Only the Limes in 100ml was out of stock. There is one of those available now and plenty of the other varients. Thanks, Chris.

Only the Limes in 100ml was out of stock. There is one of those available now and plenty of the other varients. Thanks, Chris.
    Thank you; order on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 convex02l

Hi Chris, when will you have the Floid again?

thanks,

• Advertisement

convex02l wrote: »
    Hi Chris, when will you have the Floid again?

thanks,
    The next batch should be arriving at the end of the week or early next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Any plans to carry Floid Suave or Vigoroso?

I don't want them at the moment but it would be nice to know you had them when my Suave needs replacing.

hitemfrank wrote: »
    Any plans to carry Floid Suave or Vigoroso?
    I would like to but it is not possible to obtain it at the moment...:(

I would like to but it is not possible to obtain it at the moment...:(

Bugger.

Hopefully the situation will have changed by whenever I need a replacement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I have taylors of bond street lemon & lime shaving cream. I'm looking for an aftershave to match that, which has a fresh summer smell.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: ended up buying Taylor of Old Bond Street No 74 Victorian Limes Aftershave as I realised I need blades soon then i though

• Advertisement

I have taylors of bond street lemon & lime shaving cream. I'm looking for an aftershave to match that, which has a fresh summer smell.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: ended up buying Taylor of Old Bond Street No 74 Victorian Limes Aftershave as I realised I need blades soon then i though

I would have recommended TOBS Victorian Limes to you. It's really nice stuff.

Got it today with a load of blades. As usual shaving.ie is super quick.

God I forgot how good a proper wet shave is with a DE razer. I have been using an electric one for a few weeks due to time in the mornings. The aftershave is a great end to the shave. Lovely smell :D

Just wondering from some of the shaving.ie customers whether some of Barber style colognes e.g. Dr Harris has replaced the more mainstream fragrances like Hugh Boss as your chosen scent?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Hey Chris, I'm just about running short of blades & soap and looking to put an order in, as usaul a few other bits and pieces are catching my eye, any idea when you'll have Speick Eau de Cologne back on stock? :)
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Chris has the Edwin Jagger Barley DE89BA11 in stock.

http://www.shaving.ie/products/Edwin-Jagger-Barley-DE89BA11.html

Lovely handle.

ejbarley5.jpg

Badger & Blade member xillion has some very lush photos and comparisons with some of the other Jagger razors available. (handling and heft)

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=202697

A positive review.

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Speick Eau de Cologne back on stock?
    I think it will be the end of next month before the EDC is available... I should have got more with my last order.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭nathansredarmy

alri lads im in the market for a safety razor obviously off shaving.ie:Dim a newbie to this so just wondering what yous would reccomend any suggestions would be great.
    would really love to give myself a hot towel shave or show the other half how to do it for me:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

alri lads im in the market for a safety razor obviously off shaving.ie:Dim a newbie to this so just wondering what yous would reccomend any suggestions would be great.
    would really love to give myself a hot towel shave or show the other half how to do it for me:D

there's no hope in hell I'd let my missus give me a hot towel shave!! My life assurance plan is too attractive to her:D

Welcome to the wonderful world of DE shaving.
    As a beginner I highly recommend the Edwin Jagger DE89L razor and get a sample pack of blades. Throw in some Proraso shave cream and a Muhle Badger brush and off you go...enjoy!

Be warned, it's a highly enjoyable and addictive habit, but hey, you will save money on blades ;)

ye i think il have a rethink myself:Dcheers for all that advice will be putting my order in quite soon fed up of these gilette gimmick shavers 5 blades on them they just crowd each other out and have a party on your face:D

any recommendations on a nice aftershave with a summer scent:D

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I love the Speick products, they have a citrussy herbal scent. Might not be everyone's cuppa.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭source

any recommendations on a nice aftershave with a summer scent:D

Goe F Trumper's extract of limes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

oscarBravo wrote: »
    I love the Speick products, they have a citrussy herbal scent. Might not be everyone's cuppa.

Yup, I love the stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭pavb2

I bought a merkur 34c and very happy with it,the blade that came with it lasted about one month shaving every day.

I also bought a pack of Merkur blades but on first go the blade didn't seem anywhere near as sharp as the one that came with the razor so not too impressed.

Anyhow have read the threads and been on shaving .ie web page will buy a sample pack of blades but which sample pack would people recommend?

pavb2 wrote: »
    I bought a merkur 34c and very happy with it,the blade that came with it lasted about one month shaving every day.

I also bought a pack of Merkur blades but on first go the blade didn't seem anywhere near as sharp as the one that came with the razor so not too impressed.

Anyhow have read the threads and been on shaving .ie web page will buy a sample pack of blades but which sample pack would people recommend?

one blade for a month with daily usage...wow, must be a record!
    I use a blade about 4 times and it's definitely done by then.

I would recommend the the 50 blade sampler here

I like to give a new blade brand time to perfect my technique with it before I make a decision to buy more of the same or move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭source

^^^ +1 on above, that pack will last you the best part of a year.

Using the same blade for a month is unbelievable. I get about three days from a blade before it starts to hurt.

I did try a sample pack but found that several didn't suit me so I ended up with a lot of redundant blades.

Using the same blade for a month is unbelievable. I get about three days from a blade before it starts to hurt.

I did try a sample pack but found that several didn't suit me so I ended up with a lot of redundant blades.

that's a pity, now many blades of the same brand did you try before you realised they weren't for you?
    I wasn't too mad on the Personna and Derby but I could still use them for once or twice before they start to irritate.

thanks for all the advice on the aftershave lads.any recommendations on which muhle brush to get the best badger one or the pure badger black shave?

• Advertisement

thanks for all the advice on the aftershave lads.any recommendations on which muhle brush to get the best badger one or the pure badger black shave?

I use this one, can't fault it.

Advertisement