Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaving.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Shaving.ie

gaza123 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what length razor the 9.95 leather razor case on shaving.ie is limited to? This one:

http://http://www.shaving.ie/products/Leather-Case-For-Safety-Razor.html

Waiting on my 90R which is 10.8 cm, a little on the long side. So wondering would it fit in the case?
    Yes it will fit Parker razors.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭gaza123

Cheers chris, was emailing you earlier. Imagine you guessed as much. I'll wait till you've got the brush tube and a couple other things back in before ordering. I'll send you another email.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Big thumbs up for shaving.ie.

I put in an order on Monday and there was no sign of it by Thursday, unusual as anyone who has dealt with them, delivery is normally next day or day after.

Anywho, I dropped an email and it turned out there was possibly a few gremlins at play!! Never fear, I was asked what was on my order and was told it would be shipped yesterday.
    Came in from work today and there it was with some extra blades & samples.

Excellent customer service & really appreciate the express shipping & extra bits & bobs :)
    Cheers!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭jkb_dub

Shaving.ie wrote: »
    Its due in tomorrow.

@ jkb_dub:
    I expect to get more stock in the next 2-3 weeks if available from the manufacturer.

Ordered it thanks, hope it's worth the wait :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Hi Chris,

Just wondering if you will be getting this stand back in stock & will a Merkur Progress long handle fit in it?

Cheers,
    Joe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Erm...
    Product Description
    A very well designed integrated brush and razor stand. Chrome plated and very sturdy this stand is a must have. This stand will fit a large range of brushes and most safety razors including the Merkur HD line and Muhle range. Please note this will not fit the Progress, Futur or razors with a bulbus end piece.

Out of luck there then...

<insert gratutious facepalm pic here>

Doh, should have gone to specsavers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Just ordered Proraso Sensitive Shaving Soap and a 100 pack of derby extra, worked out at about 20 euro. Thinking back, a small packet of Gillette razors would have cost me that much back when I used to use them. :D While these should last me around a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Corkfeen wrote: »
    Just ordered Proraso Sensitive Shaving Soap and a 100 pack of derby extra, worked out at about 20 euro. Thinking back, a small packet of Gillette razors would have cost me that much back when I used to use them. :D While these should last me around a year.

yep, there sure is great value in bulk packs. I bought 200 7o'Clock (Greens) and I'm still good for another year I'd say. That's because every now and then I like to mix things up and buy a few single packs of blades I've never tried.
    Off the blades in my stash I've yet to try: Croma, Shark & the infamous Feather.

Just ordered this lot. My first DE. Can't wait to get going.

1 x Proraso Pre and Post Shaving Cream
    1 x Feather Hi Stainless Platinum Razor Blades
    1 x Proraso Shaving Cream
    1 x Muhle R106 Traditional Razor
    1 x Muhle Selection of Shaving Brush Holders
    (Select Color: Black)
    1 x Muhle Best Badger Shaving Brush
    1 x Personna Platinum 10 Pack

• Advertisement

snollup wrote: »
    Just ordered this lot. My first DE. Can't wait to get going.

1 x Proraso Pre and Post Shaving Cream
    1 x Feather Hi Stainless Platinum Razor Blades
    1 x Proraso Shaving Cream
    1 x Muhle R106 Traditional Razor
    1 x Muhle Selection of Shaving Brush Holders
    (Select Color: Black)
    1 x Muhle Best Badger Shaving Brush
    1 x Personna Platinum 10 Pack

Arrived today. Great service. Will post later on how first DE shave goes.

So, first shave with the R106 went ok. No nicks! Used a Personna blade. Thought it would be closer. Might try the Derby that came with the razor tomorrow. The brush is fantastic. Had been using a ManU brush up to now. No comparison. Like the Proraso, great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

This morning I received
    100 pack of Personna Israeli Red blades
    Proraso Pre & Post cream
    and Semogue 1800 (my first boar brush) and stand all from Shaving.ie, ordered on thurdsday night, shipped friday morning :)

Also received a 10 pack of SE blades from elsewhere (couldn't get them on shaving.ie :()

Only problem is I shaved last night so I'll have to wait to test it all now!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bifl

Hi Chris,

Just wondering if you will be getting back in stock the Semogue 1305 any time soon ?

bifl wrote: »
    Hi Chris,

Just wondering if you will be getting back in stock the Semogue 1305 any time soon ?
    They actually arrived in Dublin today so they should be with me tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bifl

Excellent I well put it on my order so. Thanks for the quick update and reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tiffin3665

Hi,

Any idea when the Feather Stainless will be available again?

tiffin3665 wrote: »
    Hi,

Any idea when the Feather Stainless will be available again?

Production of these razors was affected by the tsunami in Japan. Their aim is to get them back to production by September so they may be available towards the end of Sept/Oct...

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭EAFC_rdfl

Just wondering will these be back in stock soon:
    http://www.shaving.ie/products/Wilkinson-Sword-100-Double-Edge-Blades-Full-Box.html

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭applejam

Delighted I found this thread :)
    Trying to think of something different to buy my husband for his birthday ( 40th )
    Has anyone any idea what would be a good gift for him ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Giant Kiwi

applejam wrote: »
    Trying to think of something different to buy my husband for his birthday ( 40th )

Does your husband use a Double Edge or Straight razor?

If not a starter kit would be my choice to start with.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tiffin3665

Production of these razors was affected by the tsunami in Japan. Their aim is to get them back to production by September so they may be available towards the end of Sept/Oct...

Many thanks - I'll keep an eye out...

EAFC_rdfl wrote: »
    Just wondering will these be back in stock soon:
    http://www.shaving.ie/products/Wilkinson-Sword-100-Double-Edge-Blades-Full-Box.html

Cheers!
    Yes, They are on the way and will arrive Friday or Monday.

applejam wrote: »

If it is a gift I think it is nice to get a matching set. I have a Edwin Jagger DE89L shaving set but it is not yet on the site. The DE89l is a very good beginners razor and won't break the bank if you are thinking of going down that route. The set contains a razor, shave cream, brush. I will be adding a few products including that one tomorrow so you will have a better idea of what I am talking about :pac:

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

+1 on the DE89L. Loving that razor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

I'm thinking of buying my first one of these razors.

Can anybody recommend me a good (and reasonable priced) beginners:
    • Razor
    • Brand of blades
    • Brush
    • Shaving cream

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭applejam

If it is a gift I think it is nice to get a matching set. I have a Edwin Jagger DE89L shaving set but it is not yet on the site. The DE89l is a very good beginners razor and won't break the bank if you are thinking of going down that route. The set contains a razor, shave cream, brush. I will be adding a few products including that one tomorrow so you will have a better idea of what I am talking about :pac:

Thank you so much, he mentioned today about buying a brush and proper razor to try out ( I'll feckin kill him if he ruins my surprise by buying before I do )
    That kits sounds perfect, i will have a look on the site tomorrow
    AJ

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

• Razor
    • Brand of blades
    • Brush
    • Shaving cream

Thanks in advance

Anybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Anybody?
    pow

• Advertisement

• Razor
    • Brand of blades
    • Brush
    • Shaving cream
    Thanks in advance
    Sorry only noticed this today.

For the razor the most popular are Mühle R89, Edwin Jagger DE89L, 34c, Merkur Progress.

Blades - its best to get a sample pack and work through a few different brands to see what works for you.

Brush - Badger brushes work especially well for creams. I have would have no problem starting off with the cheapest one you can find. If you like it you can make an investment further down the line.

Creams - Taylor of old bond st have a good range and are great performers. Otherwise Proraso is probably the best value.

hope that helps!

Advertisement