Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaving.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭NavyandBlue

*Stupid Question Alert*

http://www.shaving.ie/products/Taylors-of-Old-Bond-Street-Shaving-Cream-Bowl-Selection.html

Do you need a separate shaving bowl and brush in order to prepare these creams before applying them to your face, or could you just scoop the cream out from the original bowl with your fingers and apply it to your face?

Again I'm sorry if this is a moronic question but I'm only used to using shaving cream straight from the pressurised can and I would like to try something more exotic like the Taylor range.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Shaving.ie

*Stupid Question Alert*

http://www.shaving.ie/products/Taylors-of-Old-Bond-Street-Shaving-Cream-Bowl-Selection.html

Do you need a separate shaving bowl and brush in order to prepare these creams before applying them to your face, or could you just scoop the cream out from the original bowl with your fingers and apply it to your face?

Again I'm sorry if this is a moronic question but I'm only used to using shaving cream straight from the pressurised can and I would like to try something more exotic like the Taylor range.

Not really a stupid question at all. The majority of people don't know about this stuff because it is not generally available.

You can apply with your fingers but you will get the full benefit of the cream using it with a brush. You don't need a bowl as you can create the lather directly on your face but some people prefer building a lather in a bowl/cup first. You can use any bowl or large cup for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Shaving.ie wrote: »
    Not really a stupid question at all. The majority of people don't know about this stuff because it is not generally available.

You can apply with your fingers but you will get the full benefit of the cream using it with a brush. You don't need a bowl as you can create the lather directly on your face but some people prefer building a lather in a bowl/cup first. You can use any bowl or large cup for this.

Or on your hand.
    That's how I started with Proraso.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭NavyandBlue

Thanks man - Order Sent!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

They were due to be completed yesterday but this has changed to early next week. They take about 4-5 days to get here from the factory so I hope to get them out possibly next Friday or the following Monday-Tuesday. Looking forward to seeing them in the flesh :)

So have they arrived yet?

Can you tell I can't wait to get my hands on one? :D

• Advertisement

hitemfrank wrote: »
    So have they arrived yet?

Can you tell I can't wait to get my hands on one? :D

They should be in transit as we speak. Our batch was late leaving the factory which is a little annoying :mad: but they are due any day now. Once they arrive these pre orders will jump to the front of the list and dispatched asap!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ordered late Wednesday night/early Thursday morning, order arrived at house in Cork today at 10. That was fantastic service, and Tabac smells awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭jc77

Been lurking about this forum with the past week or so, looking to make the change from the 5-blades to single.

I was thinking of ordering this one (The Basic Essentials Safety Razor Starter Kit) from shaving.ie, which is currently showing as currently unavailable. Any idea when this kit may be available again please?

jc77 wrote: »
    Been lurking about this forum with the past week or so, looking to make the change from the 5-blades to single.

I was thinking of ordering this one (The Basic Essentials Safety Razor Starter Kit) from shaving.ie, which is currently showing as currently unavailable. Any idea when this kit may be available again please?
    They should be back again but only the R89 razor is available at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bobby42

Hi,

Do you know when the Proraso Sensitive Shaving Soap with Aloe and Green Tea will be back in stock?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

Hi Folks,

Just adding my tuppence worth here again, another order promptly arrived today from Chris and the Shaving.ie team.

Excellent service once again, many others could learn from them.

I'm just sorry i couldn't buy even more as Shaving.ie deserve and earn their custom. Irish to boot so all in all very happy here.

*no affiliation, just a happy camper ;) *

Bobby42 wrote: »
    Hi,

Do you know when the Proraso Sensitive Shaving Soap with Aloe and Green Tea will be back in stock?

Thanks.
    I have not had confirmation but I think it will be back in about a 5-10 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭tommyh1977

thebullkf wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Just adding my tuppence worth here again, another order promptly arrived today from Chris and the Shaving.ie team.

Excellent service once again, many others could learn from them.

I'm just sorry i couldn't buy even more as Shaving.ie deserve and earn their custom. Irish to boot so all in all very happy here.

*no affiliation, just a happy camper ;) *

I agree totally, Chris is really customer based, hence why i would never even bother looking anywhere else for my shaving supplies!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Michael G

Chris

You used to stock a Proraso pre-shave cream (i.e. not the softer pre- and post-shave cream). I liked it very much but am now nearly at the end of my second jar. I can't find it on your website. Can it be got any more?

Thanks

Michael G wrote: »
    Chris

You used to stock a Proraso pre-shave cream (i.e. not the softer pre- and post-shave cream). I liked it very much but am now nearly at the end of my second jar. I can't find it on your website. Can it be got any more?

Thanks

Michael G, I'm drawing a blank on this.. Are you sure it is Proraso? I don't recall any other pre shave cream other than the pre/post shave cream in a green jar and white jar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Are there not two different Proraso per-shave creams, the traditional one with a green lid and the newer sensitive one with aloe and green tea with a white lid.

Michael G, I'm drawing a blank on this.. Are you sure it is Proraso? I don't recall any other pre shave cream other than the pre/post shave cream in a green jar and white jar.
    Yes Chris, it came in glass jars of 100ml. i bought a couple from you about two years ago. I still have some left.

Michael G wrote: »
    Yes Chris, it came in glass jars of 100ml. i bought a couple from you about two years ago. I still have some left.

It must be either this or this as there were never any other pre shaves by Proraso. I would say its the white aloe green tea one.

Neither of those. I'll take a picture of the jar as soon as I get the camera sorted, and post it.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bifl

Hi Chris,
    Any idea when the MWF will be back in stock

http://www.shaving.ie/products/Mitchells-Wool-Fat-Shaving-Soap-and-Dish.html

Cheers Bifl

• Advertisement

bifl wrote: »
    Hi Chris,
    Any idea when the MWF will be back in stock

http://www.shaving.ie/products/Mitchells-Wool-Fat-Shaving-Soap-and-Dish.html

Cheers Bifl
    It should be next week but not sure if it will arrive before I shut up shop for xmas. I might have one or two available online tomorrow afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Hi
    I ordered a few bits on the 12th any idea when i might get these,my order page on line is still saying fulfilling the order.Its my first DE razor so cant wait to give it a try.

Thanks

harr wrote: »
    Hi
    I ordered a few bits on the 12th any idea when i might get these,my order page on line is still saying fulfilling the order.Its my first DE razor so cant wait to give it a try.

Thanks

Any outstanding standard post orders from the 12th should have gone out this afternoon... It should be with you very soon.:)

Thanks for that,looking forward to my first shave with it.I will probable cut the face off myself on first attempt:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Chris, any idea on a restock date for the Proraso pre/post shave barber sized tub?

also, what's your guess for latest order for delivery pre xmas?

Got my order this morning and had my first shave.I had about 4 days growth and i do have a fairly hard beard so it took me two passes but wow such a difference from my usual Mach 3.I am converted.:)
    I do have a bit of burn around my neck,only a small bit compared to the state my neck is usually in after a shave,what would someone recommend for the razor burn?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

...what would someone recommend for the razor burn?
    I like Proraso pre-shave cream as a prep, but it's also down to practicing your technique.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

what would someone recommend for the razor burn?

I agree with OscarBravo, you have only started DE shaving today so take time to perfect your technique before you spend money on pre-shave creams etc.
    Watch a few videos, mantic59 and geofatboy have great tutorials on youtube.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I will say this - I use the Proraso religiously, and if for any reason I don't - if I forget to bring it when travelling, say - it feels like my face has been scalded after a shave. It's mighty tack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭tommyh1977

Hi Chris,
    Any idea when the Proraso Pre Shave will be back in stock?

Advertisement