Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaving.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭guerito

Hi Chris,

The kit I ordered arrived this week. Very impressed: with the responsiveness when I had a query (reply within 20 minutes on a Sunday), with the service (styptic pencil thrown in free when I forgot to include one) and with the speed (delivered in 3 days).

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Howdy all.....

Got this the other day

http://www.shaving.ie/products/Proraso-Pre-and-Post-Shaving-Cream.html

After reading the 'how to use it on the bottle' I am wetting the beard then rubbing in the above, then applying my shaving soap i.e. not washing off the pre-shave cream beforehand.

Is this the optimum way to do this?.

I would have always washed off a pre-shave lotion/gel before applying the shaving soap before.

Tks.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

That's how I've been using it for the past couple of years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Proraso preshave, 3P and Trumpers skin food all work great for me as a preshave if left on and the lather applied on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Thanks Oscar and gran... glad to know I am using it correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Howdy, just got my first de razor for Christmas, a merkur progress. Planning to pick up a few bits from shaving.ie. Have a brush and a good soap, going to get a blade sampler pack and thinking of an after shave balm, looking at trumper skin food. Any opinions out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Raoul

dub_skav wrote: »
    Howdy, just got my first de razor for Christmas, a merkur progress. Planning to pick up a few bits from shaving.ie. Have a brush and a good soap, going to get a blade sampler pack and thinking of an after shave balm, looking at trumper skin food. Any opinions out there?

I am going to buy some stuff too and I am looking at the Trumpers skin food. Also need more moisturizer, had the speick before and it was good but would like to try some new things, anyone got any recommendations?

Micthells wool fat always gets good praise here aswell so going to try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Raoul wrote: »
    I am going to buy some stuff too and I am looking at the Trumpers skin food. Also need more moisturizer, had the speick before and it was good but would like to try some new things, anyone got any recommendations?

Micthells wool fat always gets good praise here aswell so going to try that.

Mitchells is the soap i got actually, lovely lather and a very smooth shave.
    I'm a de convert now anyway.
    Trumper or speick I'm thinking now for a balm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Decided to take the plunge and buy some gear of shaving.ie, I'm trying to purchase via the website at the moment but can't find an "add to basket" button on any of their products... Maybe I'm just being dim but it doesn't appear to be working for me anyway!! Anybody else experiencing problems with the website?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

There's a notice on the front page that they're closed for Christmas holidays until today. Hang in there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

oscarBravo wrote: »
    There's a notice on the front page that they're closed for Christmas holidays until today. Hang in there!

Sound man Bravo, didn't notice their notice :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Alexander_0

Hello to all of you!! This is my first post and i have one question... I want to make an order tommorow from shaving.ie

What i want to know is if someone from here experienced any kind of problem with the shippment... I live in greece so i hope to hear from you soon!!

By the way Chris you have done an amazing job!! Well done!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

I've ordered from shaving.ie many times and have never had a problem.

They also seem to have a good reputation on http://www.badgerandblade.com/ for quick delivery to the US (from feedback I've read about them) so I really don't see why there would be any reason for you to worry about delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

hitemfrank wrote: »
    I've ordered from shaving.ie many times and have never had a problem.

They also seem to have a good reputation on http://www.badgerandblade.com/ for quick delivery to the US (from feedback I've read about them) so I really don't see why there would be any reason for you to worry about delivery.

so have I- never an issue. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Good idea displaying the prices before VAT and after, keeps the consumer informed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Dingle Berry

tommyh1977 wrote: »
    Hi Chris,
    Any idea when the Proraso Pre Shave will be back in stock?
    Knights Barbers and 4men also do Proraso. They may have it

• Registered Users Posts: 15 caz25

Hey,

I returned to wet shaving after almost 20 years of trying to find a razor that would suit me. I must say that I researched the subject quite a bit due to the various types and brands on the market, and after ringing Chris at Shaving.ie I opted for the Merkur 38C. Best decision ever. Since then I ordered few more bits and pieces from Chris (i.e. Muhle best badger brush, the Muhle stand, blades, soap, etc.) and I must say that I find their customer service second to none...

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Shaving.ie

Thanks caz25... always a pleasure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Hi Chris,

Just wondering when the Proraso Pre-Post cream will be back in stock?

Mr Velo wrote: »
    Hi Chris,

Just wondering when the Proraso Pre-Post cream will be back in stock?

Hey.. I am expecting it back in the next few days. It should have been here a while ago but it seems to have been delayed somewhere along the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Shaving.ie wrote: »
    Hey.. I am expecting it back in the next few days. It should have been here a while ago but it seems to have been delayed somewhere along the way.

Great stuff. Will keep a check on the site over the next week or so anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 caz25

Hello to all of you!! This is my first post and i have one question... I want to make an order tommorow from shaving.ie

What i want to know is if someone from here experienced any kind of problem with the shippment... I live in greece so i hope to hear from you soon!!

By the way Chris you have done an amazing job!! Well done!!!!

Hi there. Customer service at shaving.ie is second to none. Unless there are issues with the postal services in Greece, on Chris' side I can honestly say that there will be no problems. Highly recommended.:D

Mr Velo wrote: »
    Great stuff. Will keep a check on the site over the next week or so anyways.
    A quick heads up.. Proraso is back.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭kaiserjim

Ordered a starter pack from Shaving.ie yesterday arrived this morning. Super service cant recommend them highly enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Chris, I see you have the La Toja soap sticks on the traditionalshaving.com site.
    Any chance you could add it to the shaving.ie and save me having to place two orders.

Do any of your suppliers have the Italian range of PREP products? In particular I'm looking for their pre/post shave cream.

No problem. It is available there now.
    With regards to Prep I have looked into it in the past but nothing ever came of it. I will ask around again and see if I can get it into stock. It is definitely something I would like to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ladhrann

Is there any way you can source other colognes, even perhaps as a special order? I'm looking for Aqua di Cuba from Santa Maria Novella but I can't seem to find it anywhere, not even ebay, amazon etc. Or stuff from Penhaligons?

ladhrann wrote: »
    Is there any way you can source other colognes, even perhaps as a special order? I'm looking for Aqua di Cuba from Santa Maria Novella but I can't seem to find it anywhere, not even ebay, amazon etc. Or stuff from Penhaligons?
    SMN products are very hard to get as they limit the availability to a small selection of boutique retailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Chris, do ye also run traditionalshaving.com?

If so, what's the story in relation to pricing? I've noticed some differences (inclusive of VAT and currency set to euro).
    Just wondering.

• Advertisement

Chris, do ye also run traditionalshaving.com?

If so, what's the story in relation to pricing? I've noticed some differences (inclusive of VAT and currency set to euro).
    Just wondering.

Yes.. its just a side project I developed a while ago for international users who may not be familiar with a .ie domain. The prices should be similar enough although it is not updated as frequently as the main site plus there is only a limited selection of product.

Advertisement