Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaving.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Shaving.ie

Some people do use a foam but it lacks the qualities of a lather made from a cream or soap... however if you think you would have a reaction to those products a foam that causes no break out is probably the best option.

What have you tried so far? I'm sure some others here will offer some good advice..

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭wittymoniker

Chris, any plans to stock shampoo bars? I'd love to give them a try. Cheers.

Chris, any plans to stock shampoo bars? I'd love to give them a try. Cheers.
    I don't have any plans for shampoo bars in the immediate future but this site may be of interest if you want to try one: Shampoo Bars

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Michael G

Chris, what size is http://www.shaving.ie/products/Proraso-Pre-Shave-Cream.html? And when will the Proraso Sandalwood cream be back in stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Any idea when Alt Innsbruck will be back as well. I'm running low on it at the moment.

• Advertisement

Michael G wrote: »
    Chris, what size is http://www.shaving.ie/products/Proraso-Pre-Shave-Cream.html? And when will the Proraso Sandalwood cream be back in stock?

The new jar is also 100ml. I don't have a confirmed date for the Sandalwood but hopefully in the next week or so. I will update you here when I get confirmed info.

@hitemfrank
    Its been out for a while. If all works out I could have it in a week or two.

Shaving.ie wrote: »
    @hitemfrank
    Its been out for a while. If all works out I could have it in a week or two.

Grand stuff. I can make what I have left last until it's back.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Onanon

Should be getting a starter kit today, I had my last ever disposable shave with a 5c Tesco razor yesterday.

Didn't actually believe shaving.ie was Irish, as Irish company sites are usually poorly organised and update infrequently. There is plenty of info on every product page and zoomable pictures for the key products; shaving.ie is a real pleasure to use.

Just wanted to post to say congratulations, and if I'm ever asked to give an example of a quality front-end, it'll be shaving.ie.

Just giving you a heads up on the Proraso Sandalwood. I will have some in stock later today.. I don't have many so hopefully if you are still looking for it you can grab one in time :pac:

Just giving you a heads up on the Proraso Sandalwood. I will have some in stock later today.. I don't have many so hopefully if you are still looking for it you can grab one in time :pac:

Thanks. I see it's not available on your site yet.

• Advertisement

Thanks. I see it's not available on your site yet.
    Should be good to go now.

@ hitemfrank by the way I just received the Alt Innsbruck too.

Should be good to go now.

@ hitemfrank by the way I just received the Alt Innsbruck too.

Thanks for the update Chris.

I should hopefully be placing an order early next week.

Should be good to go.

Thanks Chris. I see my order has already been dispatched. Gold-plated service as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bobby42

Wow, placed an order earlier and it had shipped in less than an hour. Fantastic service. Looking forward to my box of shaving goodies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

Sent back my razor to have it checked after I found it not to be shaving the best, Chris showed me what I might be doing wrong, gave me a few tips and sent it back for free, excellent service, Chris is a legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Ordered my first DE today along with a cologne sample pack. Looking forward to them, but a little anxious at the same time. I'll make ribbons of my beautiful face :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p3UEzPj4Sk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

I bought a starter kit from shaving.ie on Monday afternoon. It has already arrived in the post this morning. Now that's what I call excellent service.

I too will be taking the plunge into the world of old fashioned real shaving for the first time tomorrow. I just hope I don't accidentally decapitate myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

Well, for anyone contemplaing making the move to double edge safety razors, I can highly recommend it.

Had my first shave this morning. I took it slow and easy but managed it without any cuts or nicks. My face was a bit raw afterwards, as if I had sunburn, but after about half an hour things went back to normal.

My face has not been this smooth or soft in about the last thirty years. Plus there is a great sense of enjoyment and satisfaction from the ritual involved in this type of shaving. It is a bit time consuming, as opposed to shaving with a cartridge razor, but it is enjoyable time well spent. I might start shaving in the evenings in future to allow for the extra time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

DMcL1971 wrote: »
    Well, for anyone contemplaing making the move to double edge safety razors, I can highly recommend it.

Had my first shave this morning. I took it slow and easy but managed it without any cuts or nicks. My face was a bit raw afterwards, as if I had sunburn, but after about half an hour things went back to normal.

My face has not been this smooth or soft in about the last thirty years. Plus there is a great sense of enjoyment and satisfaction from the ritual involved in this type of shaving. It is a bit time consuming, as opposed to shaving with a cartridge razor, but it is enjoyable time well spent. I might start shaving in the evenings in future to allow for the extra time.

Exactly my experience. I shave in the evenings, but you will get much faster. It's not as dangerous as you expect.
    I've gotten to the stage where I want stuff to run out quicker just so I can try different stuff (shaving cream, pre shave, blades etc). I shave at a max of twice a week, so a soap lasts about 2 fecken years!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

I had a Merkur Progress for the last couple of years, but lost it while travelling. Never had any problems with it, but it's the only safety razor I've ever used. Is there any reason I should go for anything else?

• Advertisement

I had a Merkur Progress for the last couple of years, but lost it while travelling. Never had any problems with it, but it's the only safety razor I've ever used. Is there any reason I should go for anything else?

No reason to change if you are happy with the Progress. I had one and it is a great razor. But now I prefer something lighter. I bought the Merkur 15c and I love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

What setting did you use the Progress on? Lobg handled or short handled Progress? What blades?
    Will help identify how mild or aggressive a razor you like and look at some alternatives.
    But as mentioned easiest option would be to get another if you were happy with it - I know I'd never be without mine
    regardless of how many other razors I own.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

I had the short handled. I generally had it open to the max tbh!

I had multi-packs of blades and didn't really pay a huge amount of attention to the ones I liked. The last blade I had in, an astra was probably the only one I didn't like. Feather and Derby were good.

I had the short handled. I generally had it open to the max tbh!

I had multi-packs of blades and didn't really pay a huge amount of attention to the ones I liked. The last blade I had in, an astra was probably the only one I didn't like. Feather and Derby were good.

If you had the Progress open to the max then you are well able for something like the 15C. I use Feathers in mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭TheGimp

Just received my Muhle R89 in the post today, along with badger brush, assorted blades and creams.

Have never used a safety razor before so looking forward to the experience. Just wondering which blade to start off with?

In the past I've used various Mach3 and Quatro blades and they never lasted me any length of time. I have really tough hair and I'd often have to shave twice in order to get a smooth shave.

The blades I have for the R89 are Astra Superior Platinum, Gillette 7 O'Clock, Gillete 7 O'Clock SharpEdge, Astra Superior Stainless Double Edge, Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless, Feather & Derby Extra.

Not sure as to which one I should go with first.

EDIT: Oh and top marks to Shaving.ie - great service, and brilliant delivery times. Very happy. Will be picking up more stuff soon from them. (chrome stand & brush holder I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭bothyhead

Chris, does that Marvis toothpaste contain fluoride? If so, how much? For comparison, your typical brand name contains about 1450 ppm.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

TheGimp wrote: »

Have never used a safety razor before so looking forward to the experience. Just wondering which blade to start off with?

The blades I have for the R89 are Astra Superior Platinum, Gillette 7 O'Clock, Gillete 7 O'Clock SharpEdge, Astra Superior Stainless Double Edge, Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless, Feather & Derby Extra.

Not sure as to which one I should go with first.
    )

I'd start with the Astra.

bothyhead wrote: »
    Chris, does that Marvis toothpaste contain fluoride? If so, how much? For comparison, your typical brand name contains about 1450 ppm.

Thanks

Yes they do! I think the majority have 1357 ppm. The black licorice = 1086 ppm and the Whitening = 1055 ppm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bobby42

Hi Chris, any idea when the Taylor of Old Bond Street Bay Rum Aftershave lotion will be back in stock?

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Bobby42 wrote: »
    Hi Chris, any idea when the Taylor of Old Bond Street Bay Rum Aftershave lotion will be back in stock?

Thanks.

Hi Bobby42, They might have arrived with the new coconut shave cream but I need to double check they are actually in the box. If I have them they will be available Sunday / Monday otherwise it will be a few weeks before they are ordered again.

Thanks,
    Chris

Advertisement