Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaving.ie

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Chris, any stock or ETA on GFT Sandalwood Cologne? I need to replenish my supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Shaving.ie

Yes, I put in an order a few days ago. As long as they have availability they usually get here within 2 weeks if all goes well.

hitemfrank: A while ago you asked about Thater brushes. You might not be looking for one anymore but might as well post an update about them. It has been difficult getting a response and looks like it will be a slow process. I have an order in but haven't had any word back since..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Thanks for the update Chris.

A slow process works for me, as I haven't got the money for one right now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

Hey Shaving.ie, do you send out a shipping notification? Just wondering when i should expect my order.

Hi, if there is a Semogue in your order there was a bit of a hitch. Stock was due this morning but did not arrive. It looks like they will be here tomorrow morn so your order will go out the moment they come in (the rest of the order is packed)... You will get a notification by email with tracking info. Sorry about that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Hi, just wondering what size is the proraso sensitive soap:
    http://www.shaving.ie/products/Proraso-Sensitive-Shaving-Soap.html

Hi, just wondering what size is the proraso sensitive soap:
    http://www.shaving.ie/products/Proraso-Sensitive-Shaving-Soap.html
    Hi, They are 150ml

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Prakaps

Hi
    will Shaving.ie be selling the Cobra Classic razor.

I would highly doubt it. The are manufactured for Classic Shaving exclusively, as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Yarghhh

Hi Shaving.ie, Just wondering when the Muhle R89 will be back in stock?

• Advertisement

Yarghhh wrote: »
    Hi Shaving.ie, Just wondering when the Muhle R89 will be back in stock?

Hi Yarghhh. The R89 is there again. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

Hi Chris
    I have got into this wet shaving thing and loving it, even after a month + the difference in my skin is amazing now that I have the soaps and blades that suit me, all purchased from your selves.
    In getting here I have gone through three different soaps to find one I like, an exercise that was a little pricey.
    I was looking at getting some aftershave lotion, but what?
    There is one product that has a comment “Smells like boiled lollies” now that could be interesting or plain awful.
    So how can one get the one he likes with out going through an extensive and potentially costly exercise?
    Is there a shop one can visit or are there sample packs available?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Raoul

Its a good question as they are expensive enough to buy especially if it turns out you don't like them.

Hi bernard0368, Its a tricky one alright because samples are hard to come by. Usually if you have narrowed down the soap or cream you like there is likely to be a complementary aftershave in the same range. What is your preferred soap?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

You can get sample packs of Trumper products directly from them for £8 incl. p&p: http://www.trumpers.com/product_detail.cfm?ProductID=111547656. 7 x Cologne sample vials, 6 x Shaving Cream Samples, 2 x 8ml Skin Food Samples.
    That pretty much covers all their different scents - you may get for instance the lime skin food and not the cream, but be able to work one from the other.
    Then order the big version from shaving.ie :)
    I know Truefitt and Hill do a similar thing but you might need to use Parcel Motel for delivery: http://www.truefittandhill.co.uk/creams-balms-and-colognes-sample-pack/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

Thanks nephster, I must have a look there,

@ Shaving.ie I have settled on the Cella as my main soap and will use the Proraso when travelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭magnavox

Hi I'm wondering when the Edwin Jagger DE89 will be available again in the basic essentials starter kit? I've been keeping an eye the last few days waiting to put in an order. :)

magnavox wrote: »
    Hi I'm wondering when the Edwin Jagger DE89 will be available again in the basic essentials starter kit? I've been keeping an eye the last few days waiting to put in an order. :)
    Hi, There is a shipment due early April. The Muhle R89 is a good alternative option which is available.

Are you planning to get in more straight razors? A fair few of the ones listed on the site are out of stock.

hitemfrank wrote: »
    Are you planning to get in more straight razors? A fair few of the ones listed on the site are out of stock.

The Problem with Dovo's is there is a significant delay in getting stock.. Everything is on order but most items are still months away from becoming available. I have been looking at bringing in some Boker's which may be more readily available and seem to be very well made.

• Advertisement

Ah right. That's pretty poor from Dovo. I suppose they still have their break later in the year too where prouction will stop too.

Thanks for the info Chris.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭magnavox

Shaving.ie wrote: »
    Hi, There is a shipment due early April. The Muhle R89 is a good alternative option which is available.
    Thanks I went ahead and ordered the R89 instead of waiting. Looking forward to it now.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Does anybody ever combine orders / group buy to shave on shipping costs? For small things like new blades or shaving cream...

Does anybody ever combine orders / group buy to shave on shipping costs? For small things like new blades or shaving cream...

Not as far as I am aware but there is no reason why you could not do it if it comes through in a single order. At the moment you can get as much as you like posted for €3.95 or its free over €80.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Shaving.ie wrote: »
    Not as far as I am aware but there is no reason why you could not do it if it comes through in a single order. At the moment you can get as much as you like posted for €3.95 or its free over €80.

The shipping is good value. However for smaller items such as a tube of shaving cream, it works out cheaper to buy locally. If only two or three people split one order, the cost of shipping becomes negligible.

If anyone is interested in ordering some small top-up supplies with me, send me PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,501 ✭✭✭Heroditas

As someone who has decided to take the plunge and embrace the world of safety razors, I'm unsure what I should be looking for.
    Currently I'm a Gillette Fusion junkie but am sick of changing the blade after about a week and a half and, as a result, spending an absolute fortune on blades every year. Also, even with using a face wash and proper shaving soap and a shaving brush, I still can get a bit of a rash from the razor if the blade is even a week old.
    Big fan of the brush and soap combination so am now going whole-hog and getting a proper razor to go along with them.
    I've been doing a bit of reading but can't really decide what I should get. I'm going to be a novice in this area so am I better off getting a standard closed comb razor such as the Mercur 42 or the Muhle R89? I seem to have reasonably tough stubble, hence the regular changing of blades!
    Any suggestions warmly received. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Muhle R89, Merkur 34c or any of the Edwin Jagger in the DE89 range.

Muhle R89, Merkur 34c or any of the Edwin Jagger in the DE89 range.

Thanks, decided to order the Merkur. Can't wait to try it out!

Merkur arrived in the post this morning. Can't wait to try it later.
    Speedy service from Shaving.ie :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Heroditas wrote: »
    Merkur arrived in the post this morning. Can't wait to try it later.
    Speedy service from Shaving.ie :D

take my advice..lose the excitement before putting it near your neck..:)

but enjoy the shave..:)

Advertisement